News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone have an extra Daytona wing?

Started by Daytona Guy, February 05, 2013, 11:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I have a couple of people wanting wings, but I am not going to be able to do my wings until late summer. This blue Daytona build will not be done in time and getting my yellow car ready in time. If someone has one of my wings and they want to sell i can let these costumers get in touch with you if they don't want to wait.

Dane

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 05, 2013, 11:08:54 AM
I have a couple of people wanting wings, but I am not going to be able to do my wings until late summer. This blue Daytona build will not be done in time and getting my yellow car ready in time. If someone has one of my wings and they want to sell i can let these costumers get in touch with you if they don't want to wait.

Dane
so have you worked out the problems with your foundry ?  and there will be future wings  ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2013, 11:58:34 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 05, 2013, 11:08:54 AM

Dane
so have you worked out the problems with your foundry ?  and there will be future wings  ???

Yes, but the price jumped by almost double for me. I really wanted to keep them in line with glass wings so people always had the option of a more original wing. The price should still be really close though. What are the Janek wings going for?

Dane

moparstuart

well at least you can still make them I have mine and its just stored away for later use , so i think I will keep ahold of it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

hotrod98

The last Janek wing that I priced was around $1600 plus shipping if I remember correctly.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Patronus

If I may ask Dane, what do you think your pricing will be for this next batch of wings?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Patronus on February 06, 2013, 11:46:53 AM
If I may ask Dane, what do you think your pricing will be for this next batch of wings?

It looks like 1850.00 - 1900.00 per wing + shipping I'm hoping it will be lower even... but I will not really know until I submit my order.

Dane

ACUDANUT

Stu, I thought you were consolidating. Something about downsizing. Give up the wing you hoarder. :nana:

kab69440

Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 06, 2013, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Patronus on February 06, 2013, 11:46:53 AM

It looks like 1850.00 - 1900.00 per wing + shipping I'm hoping it will be lower even... but I will not really know until I submit my order.

Dane

I have four months or so to save that up?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Lighthorseman

Sigh.  I wish you made BIRD wings too.  That's okay, though - I'm still saving up for one of Don's wings.   :popcrn:

hotrod98

I kept thinking about sending Dane my extra Superbird wing to make a mold from. Ended up selling it to some guy that offered me pretty good money for it. I've regretted it ever since.
I have several extra Superbird repro parts, two real nice Coronet fenders and a Superbird hood that Superbird Tom built. I really want to build a modernized version of a bird clone eventually and would love to have an aluminum wing.

Charles Addams

ACUDANUT

You don't use coronet fenders to make a clone Daytona do you ?

chargerman69

70 charger fenders right for a clone and hood

ACUDANUT

I was quoting this "I have several extra Superbird repro parts, two real nice Coronet fenders and a Superbird hood that Superbird Tom built. I really want to build a modernized version of a bird clone eventually and would love to have an aluminum wing."
I did not make sense to me either. :shruggy:

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

ACUDANUT

I was quoting this "I have several extra Superbird repro parts, two real nice Coronet fenders and a Superbird hood that Superbird Tom built. I really want to build a modernized version of a bird clone eventually and would love to have an aluminum wing."
It did not make sense to me either. :shruggy:

held1823

he mentioned building a bird clone. the plymouth, not the dodge, requires the coronet fenders. is that what you're asking, or am i the one lost now?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Daytona Guy

I think all is being said is he would like an aluminum (bird) wing.  

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 09, 2013, 12:53:12 AM
I think all is being said is he would like an aluminum (bird) wing.  
Wouldn't we all!! :lol: I would like two!! Gean Gregory had a foundry lined up that was making aluminum bird wings but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Old Moparz

Wow, it's hard to believe that Dane is buying back his wings to resell them. I sure hope you understand that's not how a business is supposed to operate. :lol:

Just kidding Dane, I know it's all about helping others on here build a more affordable car.   :2thumbs:

I still have the original solid aluminum wing that I got from you & need to drill it for studs. My plan is to make a template from the Janak wing that has the studs in it already & transfer it to the one from you.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 09, 2013, 09:45:17 AM
Wow, it's hard to believe that Dane is buying back his wings to resell them. I sure hope you understand that's not how a business is supposed to operate. :lol:

Just kidding Dane, I know it's all about helping others on here build a more affordable car.   :2thumbs:

I still have the original solid aluminum wing that I got from you & need to drill it for studs. My plan is to make a template from the Janak wing that has the studs in it already & transfer it to the one from you.

That was a long time ago. To bring people up to speed. Those are the first runs I ever did for others who wanted wings. I think I sold them for 700.00 or so, and everyone had to do their own work on them. Did not have the time nor would it be worth the cost to make them ready to wear. They are a great wings if they are done right, and no one knows if they are solid ot not. Take a lot of work to make them right to wear.

Also, not buying any wing back, but will put people in contact with you who would like to buy them.

Dane

hotrod98

I said that I was planning to send Dane my extra bird wing to copy. Not sure what part of what I said was confusing ?  ;D

Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 09, 2013, 10:32:06 PM
I said that I was planning to send Dane my extra bird wing to copy. Not sure what part of what I said was confusing ?  ;D

I could only make a solid one at this point. Making the Daytona wing patterns (6) about did me in and was expensive. I know I could not do a bird wing that way. If I had a Bird wing I could see if they could make a copy of it, but it would weigh 100 lbs. I guess no diff that a little 8th grader in your trunk :) Do you really think there is a market for a solid as cast bird wing?  I guess I would rather have a 100 lbs Aluminum wing than a 25 lb glass one.

Dane