News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

USMC has plans for me...

Started by sixty8charger, February 03, 2013, 06:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty8charger

But the plans don't take into consideration the charger.  I get promoted to SSgt on March 1st.  Instantly receive orders for Okinawa in July.
So now I have to attempt to get as much done as possible before I put the ol'68 in storage.... and its 1000 pieces.

3 years.

I hope I don't come back to see a pile of metal on the floor... as it dissolves into the earth.

Climate controlled or just a standard enclosure?
Jayson

Cooter

In unrestored condition, I'd think Standard with concrete floor.

BTW: Thanks for your service.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Tilar

I think if you can just keep it in where its dry or where the wind can get to it to keep it dry it won't matter.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

J-440

OO-RAH!!  Thanks for your service bro.  3 years and no musclecar?  Man I don't envy you.  Don't come back all fast and furious now ok?
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

sixty8charger

Yeah...  come back with a hemI orange skyline with an 01 on the side....   would not waste the cash.

Jayson

bsakal

Congrats on your promotion.  :cheers: And a big thank you!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

69rtse4spd

Lord Warlock

It won't rust away in 3 years, i stored mine for 6 years when i was in the military, and it survived just fine.  Just pick a garage, and don't miss the rent payments.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 03, 2013, 09:37:53 PM
 Just pick a garage, and don't miss the rent payments.
Yea, we don't want to see it on Storage Wars.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dans 68

Thank you for your service!  :2thumbs:  And check in when you get the time! As others have said your Charger will do fine in a covered in a covered garage.  :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

mauve66

and stay out of the bars, save your money and think of parts, if your family can be trusted buy stuff as you go and send it to their house for storage, that way you don't get tempted with a wad of cash when that orange skyline comes by :icon_smile_big:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

sixty8charger

Yeah I am going to try and save as much as I can... but promised to take my wife on a few trips while we are over there..  see Phillipines, Thailand, Tokyo, hong kong, Austrailia, Stuff like that....
Jayson

twodko

Def take those trips......once in a life time stuff. Many dream, few do.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

AKcharger

Great place to raise kids, we were there '89-94 and loved it, you'll have fun  :2thumbs:

Lord Warlock

Japan is great, loved it there in 69 and 70, cept i missed musclecar heyday.  See every island, every landmark, you'll love it.  My dad made sure we saw everything in the two years we were there. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

polywideblock

Quote from: sixty8charger on February 04, 2013, 08:52:19 PM
Yeah I am going to try and save as much as I can... but promised to take my wife on a few trips while we are over there..  see Phillipines, Thailand, Tokyo, hong kong, Austrailia, Stuff like that....
good luck with the service :cheers:  if you come to Australia make sure you come in march. 1 end of summer so less chance of a heat wave ,2 "mopars on the Murry" bigest mopar event in aust.  normally 16-17 or there abouts 700 up cars, big :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

draftingmonkey

Semper Fi brother.  Thanks for your service. Do you know where you will be while on Oki?
Quote from: sixty8charger on February 04, 2013, 08:52:19 PM
Y... but promised to take my wife on a few trips while we are over there..  see Phillipines, Thailand, Tokyo, hong kong, Austrailia, Stuff like that....
Don't forget to see the Japanese main islands. Also New Zealand (if you get as far south as Australia) and on over to Korea. Okinawa itself has some real pretty areas to spend off time at with the missus.
Almost forgot, the Sapporo Snow Festival in February is pretty cool (Sapporo, Hokkaido)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapporo_Snow_Festival

mauve66

oh, didn't realise the family was going, well, like they said then you need to travel, may never get the chance again
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Rolling_Thunder

Thanks for your service bro -

Go and enjoy it - I am waiting on my ship date to Lackland AFB myself - trying to anticipate what I'll be doing with my muscle...    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi68charger

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 08, 2013, 08:06:05 PM
Thanks for your service bro -

Go and enjoy it - I am waiting on my ship date to Lackland AFB myself - trying to anticipate what I'll be doing with my muscle...    :2thumbs:

Good Luck Jayson and Thunder...... I remember Lackland, 21 years ago in May !!!!  May 11th, 1987...... I'll be retiring in Sept as a MSgt. I wish you the best and hope you get the job and PCS you want. The Air Force was the best thing I ever did...

A big "thank you" to you two for stepping up to the plate and doing your part to serve your country and earn your keep..  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Old Tired Rebel

ACUDANUT

I hated Okinawa back in 88-89. I was a long lonely year for me.  I wish I picked up Scuba Diving then.  It's a awesome sport to get into. I missed out on some awesome dives.

sixty8charger

Thanks everyone!  I have compiled all the recommendations on a list of places to go!  Awesome!  Mopars in Australia show looks like a definite opportunity I must take!

You guys are awesome! Semper Fi!
Jayson

sixty8charger

This guy is a SSgt in the USMC now! 
Jayson