News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

truck 440 swap ??

Started by smasherofall, February 13, 2006, 04:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smasherofall

I just picked up a 440 out of a 75 D350 and I noticed it was a rear sump and the dipstick tube goes through the side of the oilpan, am I going to have problems putting this in my 68??

Charger_Fan

Not if you swap the oil pan & pickup tube for a car set.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

smasherofall

I didn't see a place where you can put a dipstick tube in the side of the block, do I need to just look harder?

8WHEELER

The dipstick that goes into the block is right behind the drivers side engine mount, just above the oil pan.
This in a 69 440, the tube is broken off about half but you can still see it.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

smasherofall

after moving some dirt and grease around, I found where it should go, it has a plug in it. thanks for your help :thumbs:

Headrope

You might have to change the waterpump housing too. Radiators on cars usually have a hose on the lower left (driver's side). The lower rad hose on pickup trucks is often the right (passenger side) of the radiator.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

daves68

If you are going to get into the engine, be aware that the heads and block may be a little different from car engines. If your heads have the small size "peanut plugs", you will find two extra cooling passages cast into the head and block. Requires special gaskets if you want to utilize them. Standard gaskets will block them off.