News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Noise Lifter

Started by pb24, February 16, 2006, 11:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb24

I have a noise lifter on my 68 charger with a 383, I saw a tool that allows you to pull the lifter out through the head without removing the intake manifold, Is the hole that the push rod goes into lager enough for the lifter to pass through

firefighter3931

Yep, there is a special lifter extraction tool that can be used to remove the lifter with the engine assembled. You just need to remove the rocker shaft and pushrod for that particulat lifter to extract it with the tool.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RD

you could use a semi-powerful telescoping magnet.  I have used that before to remove and install lifters with the intake on.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chryco Psycho

I often do this on cam swaps , just leave the intake in place & replace all the lifters using a very powerful telescoping magnet & a long small screwdriver to hold the lifter in place as  I remove the magnet , it can be done very easily & quickly