News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Spare Tire Rim Daytona

Started by johnnyseville, February 01, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyseville

This is the info I have found so far, seems pretty definitive:

If the Road Wheels/Magnums were used, the spare was a plain black rim

If the Color Coded Painted Rim/Dog Dish was used,  the spare rim was also color coded with no hubcap

If full wheelcovers, all wheels were black

Just in Case anyone needs this info.
too many to list!

WINGIN IT

Do you know what the correct date codes ( or acceptable date codes) would be for a 14" black rim and the part # of the rim?
And also what style tire was on the spare? Was it the same as the tires ordered on the car?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: johnnyseville on February 01, 2013, 06:59:49 PM
This is the info I have found so far, seems pretty definitive:

If the Road Wheels/Magnums were used, the spare was a plain black rim

If the Color Coded Painted Rim/Dog Dish was used,  the spare rim was also color coded with no hubcap

If full wheelcovers, all wheels were black

Just in Case anyone needs this info.

I agree on the above for a 69 model year B or A body.

Part numbers didn't appear on rims until the 70 model year.

Date codes can vary.....but I generally see that all 5 wheels have the same date. Generally 2 months to a few days before the SPD is what I have observed. There are instances where a low volume wheel (like a Hemi wheel) can be many months before the SPD. They definitely (all 5) have the same tire.

WINGIN IT

Would the tire type on the spare be the same as the other 4?
So if you had 14" redlines you'd also have a 14" redline spare?

maxwellwedge

Yes - All 5 tires would be the same if spare is full size....ie - not a space saver.

WINGIN IT