News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moved to southern Utah

Started by CaptMarvel, January 21, 2013, 12:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 23, 2013, 07:37:55 PM
I'm giving some serious thought to fleeing from the hole I live in. (Illinois)

No shittzle!  Tired of this state....   Too expensive, too many politics, always ran by idiots, crappy weather and did I say too many free loaders.  Oh yeah, I'm not supposed to say that.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 26, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 23, 2013, 07:37:55 PM
I'm giving some serious thought to fleeing from the hole I live in. (Illinois)

No shittzle!  Tired of this state....   Too expensive, too many politics, always ran by idiots, crappy weather and did I say too many free loaders.  Oh yeah, I'm not supposed to say that.

:yesnod:

CaptMarvel

Quote from: twodko on January 21, 2013, 12:53:21 PM
I'm glad for you and wish you the best! I'd love to get out of Calisuckia myself but its not that easy. Family, friends and the many nice things about NorCal specifically make it tough. The other thing is not having family or anyone you know where you want to relocate to.
Utah is gorgeous though....the only downside is Romney. :lol:
I'm moving from the Fresno/central San Joaquin valley area of Cal., which is probably one of the more sane places in the state. Might seem odd, but my family & I didn't know a single person in So. Utah, just felt "inspired" to ck it out last summer, took a few road trips to the area and really loved it. Being from Fresno, the story's of hot summers don't really scare us and the redder the state the better if you ask me (that's probably the single most reason for all this-to semi quote Reagan, "I didn't leave California-it left me") Cal. is geographically beautiful, but it's just way too insane socially and politically. Finding out that Utah is also beautiful... I left a very good paying job with all benes in the utility industry and packed up and left, with no current work prospects. I've been self employed before, so I'm not really worried (no brains, no headaches right?) and we've got some other income as well too.. The huge difference in cost of living and home purchase prices (went from a $2500.00 per mo. mortgage down to $400.00 for a much newer house double the size) as well as the prospect of living in a state where constitutional freedoms still mean something was too strong to ignore (Texas & AZ were also considered) As far as the prevalence of Mormons, that's also fine (we are active & faithful LDS) Romney wasn't originally my top choice as he was too moderate for me, but Bull is right, he isn't from Utah.  :2thumbs:

jar1292

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 23, 2013, 06:59:11 PM
Utah: 80 mph speed limits on I-15 (more coming), lots of sun, and wonderful scenery. Hard to say no to that   :cheers:

Congrats on your escape from the officially worst run State in the union. 

they are putting more "test" areas in because there great revenue beleave me I know! there will be a UHP at every place that it goes back down to 65 or 75. Because if your in an 80 zone you can kick it up to 85 or 88 and be safe but the second you cross into lower limits BAM your pulled over with $100 bill gone instantly. I know first hand, well the ex any way I was passenger. you know whats funny I was actually on the DC site when she said oh crap! I think I have an addiction. 

CaptMarvel look out for those when you head north to SLC.
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

BB1

I'm going to retire in Las Vegas and be Skips neighbor.  :hah:
I have to be closer to my sister in San Diego, she is having a really hard time getting a job there.

Born raised in SoCal, left in 95', will never live there again.
Delete my profile

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on January 23, 2013, 03:07:00 PM
Being from Alberta and when I first read your post, I didn't know what you meant by red.  I looked it up at Wikipedia.  Got it figured out now.
QuoteRed states and blue states refer to those states of the United States whose residents predominantly vote for the Republican Party (red) or Democratic Party (blue) presidential candidates.

Don't feel bad.  My mind is so far from politics that I thought he was talking about the color of the dirt.........Red Rock, etc.   I'm kind of a dumb ass anyway.

fc7_plumcrazy

being from german it is not usual for me considering were to live depending on local politics.

Carsten

BB1

It is here with state politics. Why ruin you life in Calif when you can live a dream in other states.

It's that bad.  :Twocents:

I'm living proof.
Delete my profile