News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by Magnumcharger, January 28, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeydf14

I was almost 17 when I decided to get rid of my 67 Falcon. When it rained it leaked so bad inside there was no need to have a roof. I sold it and started my 4 mile one way walk to work for a few months until I could find something better.  A friend of mine's Mom told me that her Grand Dad was rebuilding a car that I might be interested in. She told me it was a Charger. I had no idea what it was so she drove me over to see it. I remember seeing it for the first time. I never noticed them on the roads to be honest and this was 1970! The car was B5 blue in and out, your basic 318 auto, buckets with buddy seat. That was it. I FAST became a Charger fan for life.  By end of 1972 I joined the Navy and sold it to a friend (I didn't know where I was being sent at that time)  By April 1973 I knew I was going to be in Norfolk, VA for the rest of my four year tour. So I had a friend find me another Charger and he did (#2). Another 69 with a 383 2bbl auto, Sea Foam Green.  I had that for a few years and then found my third Charger. A 68 383 HP 4bbl auto, yellow, white interior.  I messed with it until late December 1976 when I got out of the Navy and traded this one in for a 1977 Dodge Warlock truck.  Here it is 2013 and I now have another 77 Warlock (#2) I am restoring and my fourth Charger that I posted earlier. Doesn't get any better than that!!!! I attached a pic of my Warlock before I tore it down for restoration.

mikeydf14

My 4th Charger. I posted my story earlier along with a pic of this Charger's garage mate!

6pkrunner

May or so 1968 and it was my father's annual company picnic. I was offered a ride to go with his secretary and her boyfriend. He had an R4/white/white 1968 hemi Charger. The sound, the pull the tach and speedo swinging at the same rate - unforgettable.

CaptMarvel

It was around 1978 and I was home from jr. High sick, happened to catch the local tv station playing Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. Love at first sight. Inherited a bunch of late 60s/ early 70s car mags from my older cousin and got educated on the mighty Mopar...Started looking for them every time I was on the road, still doing that today...

surmanajaja

DMCL.

I was watching local tv around 94-96 and flipped through channels and the movie was beginning, didnt know what it was then but started watching since I love old movies..and it was great. a week or so later I am at my grandmoms in a place called Puumala, and hear big thumping sound and turn around..and there is a 69 charger in same (lemon twist?) color with the same side stripe as in the movie...chance of this happening is none because back then there was maybe 20-30 chargers 2nd gens in Finland and I didnt know a single one that was a dmcl replica..fell in love, but want really a 70.

of course I had seen bullitt years before and loved the chase scene, but didnt love the charger then.

Homerr

DoH planted the seed for me when I was around 10 years old.  However, I really began to appreciate the car around 1990 when I worked in Vancouver, WA.  I'm a draftsman by trade and the window over my desk looked out across the street to a faded maroon '69 Charger, remnants of a white R/T stripe, gas streaks down from the filler, American Racing Outlaw alum. wheels.  The guy worked at a battery shop and I was always looking out the window whenever I heard him fire it up.

About 5 years later that guy and his car weren't around anymore, but I had built my '69 and it was now parked across the street.   ;)