News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Regress pics of my '68. Last update before she comes home on Thurs.

Started by bull, February 14, 2006, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 15, 2006, 05:13:33 PM
Looks like they're going like gangbusters! :boogie:
I trust they won't push it outside until you get your next payment to them, right? :-\ (I hate money)

This pic brings up a question I've always had about mine. From what I can tell by feeling around in there, mine seems to have about the same type of rust in that little recessed area under the dutchman panel.
It's as if they hardly sprayed on any rust inhibitor of any kind at the factory...the damned thing almost looks like bare metal! :ahum:

That's because it pretty much IS bare metal.  I've seen Chargers that look almost perfect on the outside where that particular piece is rusted to hell.  YYours seems to be in good shape.  Any time the deck filler panel (or dutchman) gets any rust-through or pinholes in it (and if you have an unrestored 2nd. gen, it will), that piece acts like a giant trough and catches all the water and rusts through.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

cudacharger

Bull....looks awesome!  Can't wait to see the completion.   

ChargerAndy

Quote from: bull on February 17, 2006, 01:49:05 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 16, 2006, 11:00:56 PM
Here is where the package tray came from.. :icon_smile_big:     :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_blackeye: poor SE. :rotz:

I was just looking at your left rear window register for that nylon roller bushing at the back but it's missing. Mine is cracked and I need another one. Yea, that poor SE has just about had it. :'(

I have an extra roller from "charger specialties"if you haven't found one yet...  :icon_smile_cool:  Andy

bull

Yesterday I stopped by and discovered that the driver's side outer wheelhouse and quarter panel had been hung with care in hopes that another payment soon would be there. ;D Are you guys getting tired of this yet?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

6pkrunner

Looks great bull. Just like Christmas huh? ;D And how could anyone get tired of update pictures?

triple_green

Curtis,

Paint it black. Looks like they are doing a great job.

Paint it black (did I repeat myself?)

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

plum500

bull

Quote from: triple_green on March 08, 2006, 09:52:09 AM
Curtis,

Paint it black. Looks like they are doing a great job.

Paint it black (did I repeat myself?)

3X

Ok, you talked me into it. ;)

4402tuff4u

Keep updating us with photos, we don't mind! If someone does mind all they need to do is change the channel! :laugh:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ck1

Hey Curtis, one thing I would check if you don't mind and they don't mind is once they finish or before they weld that rear Qrt, check to see how the end cap fits, when I got mine home it had a wider gap torwards the bottom on the side that will need to be filled so it looks even all the way down, maybe it won't happen to yours for they really look like they know what there doing, but dosen't hurt to check.........the guy that did mine was his first charger.................looks good.......
CJK

bull

Quote from: ck1 on March 08, 2006, 11:47:15 AM
Hey Curtis, one thing I would check if you don't mind and they don't mind is once they finish or before they weld that rear Qrt, check to see how the end cap fits, when I got mine home it had a wider gap torwards the bottom on the side that will need to be filled so it looks even all the way down, maybe it won't happen to yours for they really look like they know what there doing, but dosen't hurt to check.........the guy that did mine was his first charger.................looks good.......

Bill has been real good about making sure everything fits right before pulling the welder out. You can see the dirver's door is back on in those pics, he put it back on for alignment purposes to match up with the front of the quarter panel. Same with the rear valance corner (if that's what you mean by "end cap") and the rear valance too. He's real big on making everything fit right and even asked me for my taillights and rear trim before planning to straighten out the rear panel -- stuff I would never have considered. Plus he's done several Chargers (including his own) and probably dozens if not hundreds of Mopars so I really feel good about his work. One of the things I asked every body shop I talked to was 'have you ever done a Charger' and many of them either had not or had maybe done just one or two. That played a big role in which shop I decided to go with.

ChargerAndy

Quote from: bull on March 08, 2006, 12:47:23 PM
Quote from: ck1 on March 08, 2006, 11:47:15 AM

Bill has been real good about making sure everything fits right before pulling the welder out. You can see the dirver's door is back on in those pics, he put it back on for alignment purposes to match up with the front of the quarter panel. Same with the rear valance corner (if that's what you mean by "end cap") and the rear valance too. He's real big on making everything fit right and even asked me for my taillights and rear trim before planning to straighten out the rear panel -- stuff I would never have considered. Plus he's done several Chargers (including his own) and probably dozens if not hundreds of Mopars so I really feel good about his work. One of the things I asked every body shop I talked to was 'have you ever done a Charger' and many of them either had not or had maybe done just one or two. That played a big role in which shop I decided to go with.

Hey Curtis,
      Lookin like its coming right along great!   I have to echo ck1's warning about the end caps ( not the valance corners, but the quarter panel end caps..... near the tail lights). With the repro qtr panels they may not line right up with the existing end caps "right outta da box". I found out after all my welding was done...... and had to alter my drivers end cap by adding resin to the corner so it follows the new contour of the new qtr panel I welded to my car...... not the end of the world but a mistake I would have preferred not to make none the less. But hey, I'm a carpenter.... you've got a pro working on yours, something I wish I had at the time! Maybe worth a mention, they probably have checked it already but maybe not.
      I found the roller and another part. Do you know what you need specifically? Lemme know and I can send it out to ya if what I have is what you need.  Keep us posted on the progress, we all love pictures too  :icon_smile_big: Andy

bull

Oh, ok. I understand what you mean now. Yes, they are using those to fit the quarter panel onto the car. He asked for them specifically for that reason.

bull

The frame rack is done so now the outer wheelhouse is in place and the driver's quarter, rear valance and corners and passenger lower quarter patch have been started. Plus there's a Cuda in the shop:

bull

Had an AllBlue sighting. The new owner was apparently getting some touch up work done. Maybe it'll be on the market soon????

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on March 08, 2006, 12:58:36 AM
Are you guys getting tired of this yet?
Not a chance, keep 'em coming! It's looking great! :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparsinbarns

Hey, the car with that purple/blue roof and the quaterless one look pretty screwed up but after ur done with that black parts car (dont mess it up like the quaterless one), u should sell it for a fair price to somebody so they can restore it and also, big waste on the vinyl top car :rotz:
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

472 R/T SE

If I had 50k laying around, I'd rescue that blue car  ;D

I'm sure you're prolly spending more than you imagined, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

moparsinbarns

Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

daytonakid

Hi, Bill here, the purple roofed qtr less car has a story behind it. The old owner cut the rusted parts off to restore it and put it behind his house and in less than a week someone stole all the parts off it. I bought it for 300.00. I used the floor and crossmember for a NOM A4 69 R/T I am rotisserie restoring. The roof went to a gentlemen to restore his 69 charger. If someone needs a 26 inch core support front clip we might be able to work a deal. The purple roof has a story also it is off a 70 roadrunner a movie company had me make in to a convertible for an explosion scene. They used my 70 convertible as the "hero" car and needed a twin to blow up. We did the whole project in 4 days.Bill
P.S. I have sold the black 68 to someone who is going to fix it up. The qtr is not damaged as bad as it looks
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

bull

I'm stopping by tonight but I forgot my dang camera. >:( I wanted to put up some pics of the new quarter on but I guess it'll have to wait. Bill, it doesn't surprise me that you sold that '68 parts car. Overall it's in pretty good shape. I love having a Charger fan as my body guy. He's explaining stuff to me about my car instead of the other way around -- as it should be.