News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

direct hemi sellers/builders ??

Started by r4daytona, January 29, 2013, 10:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

I know there are plenty of places to get a 426 hemi, but does anyone know where to go to deal directly with a manufacturer or the builder of the 426 hemis that you can get through Summit, Mancini, Jegs etc?

hemi68charger

I know of three guys that have gotten their Hemi's from this gentleman and thus far, all are happy. Now, my local free hasn't fired his up yet, but I think it's a mute point since I believe Eddie gets them running before delivery..

Good luck... Get Mark to get the motor from him and I look forward to later episodes, I just DVR'd the series.. :)

Oppps.... http://www.hemihaines.com/    :brickwall:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 29, 2013, 11:04:36 AM
I know of three guys that have gotten their Hemi's from this gentleman and thus far, all are happy. Now, my local free hasn't fired his up yet, but I think it's a mute point since I believe Eddie gets them running before delivery..

Good luck... Get Mark to get the motor from him and I look forward to later episodes, I just DVR'd the series.. :)

Troy, who is the builder? 

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on January 29, 2013, 10:46:23 AM
I know there are plenty of places to get a 426 hemi, but does anyone know where to go to deal directly with a manufacturer or the builder of the 426 hemis that you can get through Summit, Mancini, Jegs etc?
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :scratchchin:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on January 29, 2013, 11:07:12 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 29, 2013, 11:04:36 AM

Troy, who is the builder? 

See above..... duhhh  on me.....  :eek2:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

I have heard alot of good stuff about these guys

http://www.forhemisonly.com/

Aero426

There was a recent thread on Moparts about Hemi Haines.    The feedback wasn't great.    

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7429717&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

The short version from page 2 of the thread:   Yes I realize this is only one side of the story.     

"I recently had a 472 hemi engine built by eddie haines. it had some issues, had to go back, and he rectified them, but after installing it, my rear main leaked like a sieve. he has cut off all communication with me, saying "the agreement between buyer and seller has been met, i never implied there was any warranty". lame in my opinion, for the amount of money i spent there....

so, two engine pulls later on a freshly restored car to solve issues that had NOTHING to do with me, and plenty of my own money/labor going into shipping/gaskets/seals, etc, i had to do the work myself to repair the rear main leak. it's a nice engine, but he sucks in the customer service department....."

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on January 29, 2013, 11:27:54 AM

The ability to have more than one choice is a good thing.......
Troy

Aero426

I have never heard a bad word about FHO.

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on January 29, 2013, 11:35:59 AM

I have never heard a bad word about FHO.

well other than the fact they are canadians   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   

Aero426

Stuart, you can stop and see your daddy while you are up there. 

maxwellwedge

Daddy no home!

I have never used those guys but I'll do some calling around.

Canadians?  Anyone seen the movie Argo? I can tell you the real story of who saved who's ass!   :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 29, 2013, 12:05:21 PM
Daddy no home!

Canadians?  Anyone seen the movie Argo? I can tell you the real story of who saved who's ass!   :lol:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Myself & a friend have our hHmis rebuilt at Haines in FLA & while we don't have the engines back yet, contact between Eddie & the both of us has been very good.

r4daytona

thanks guys I'll be contacting both and a couple others.  Who knows, we'll see what happens. Thanks

Hemi Runner

I have a new one going on the dyno. I just finished the cylinder heads and am waiting on valve springs and pushrods. 525ci should push near 800hp. I can tone that down some if you want a car show engine. PM me and I'll send you a number.

Dodge Don

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 29, 2013, 12:05:21 PM
Daddy no home!

So true.

Scaregrabber

FHO if you don't want problems.

Sheldon

472 R/T SE

I used FHO for the top of my motor.  If I had heard about them earlier I would have had Tim build mine.  Same money but peace of mind.

I give the part # off mine to a buddy who has a list that MP gave him showing which batch of motors was good & bad.  Luckily, mine was in the good batch.  

Challenger340

:Twocents: about what NOT to do......
Stay away from the Mopar Crate Engines from ANYWHERE, we've seen far too many here,(after being installed by customers and wouldn't run properly), with all kinds of piss poor problems built into them, everything from rings installed upside down, to waaaay late Camshafts, yada, yada, just generally very poor quality Machining and Assembly.
About all the Mopar Crate Engines DO REPRESENT, is an ok "bag of parts" for a decent price up front, that you can immediately dis-assemble and re-do CORRECTLY.

:Twocents: about what you SHOULD do;

If you prefer in the U.S.A., you would be remiss in your due diligence, if you did not also contact "HeyOldGuy" here on this forum for a custom build, he is more than capable and produces EXCELLENT Engines, and probably way easier to deal with than most.

If you are looking for a trouble free builder with good product......Tim @ FHO in Canada is also very easy to deal with, and has some great "street only" packages worked out.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

johnnyseville

Just throwing this out, but you can also look into Jack Merkel Racing Engines in Long Island, NY.  He has been around since the 50's.  Has worked with Jenkins and Prudhomme, which says a lot.  I have been dealing with him since the 70's and never blew a motor, or even broke a valve spring.  He has done my Mopars, including Hemis, Fords and Chevys.  Most of my friends have been using him for years, no complaints.  He is very reasonable in prices too.   He used to run at the track, but now just does the rebuilding. Tons of knowledge.  Father and son team.
too many to list!

ernie

have bought 4 in the past few years, 1 crate from mopar it blew up very young end of story 2 from arruzza and 1 from fho the later 3 have all been super the arruzza motors were a bit more but excellant ready to run dialed in carbs everything when i got them same for the fhos, they were not as big inch as the arruzza but tha is what i needed at the time had another good friend have lots and lots of trouble with a big indy mill, oil control no power and a bunch of tuning diffaculties, all rectified now but a real headache any way ' let the buyer beware"