News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by Magnumcharger, January 28, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

cdr

heres my charger story,it was 1967,i was 5 years old,was standing in my driveway & look next door & sitting in their driveway was a jj1 black top, 383 2b bucket seat, console,ac,power stg 68 charger & i still remember the feeling of awestruck at how the lines & look of that car made an impact on me,just the best lookin car EVER ,funny how still love these cars but not in poop gold,the one i have now is a twin,but its going to be black like my 1st charger  :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

areibel

My uncle is responsible for my addiction- but Dad helped.
We always had Mopars when I was little, the first I remember was a black 66 Coronet 4 door.  But one day when I was 8 my uncle shows up in his new car- a red 69 Charger, white interior, 440 auto- I loved it!  My brother and i were sitting in it messing around and I got my finger caught in the console.  We sat there and beeped the horn until my uncle came out and yelled at us, then rescued me.  I can still remember the look, the sound when he showed off a little- I was doomed.

marshallfry01

My charger love started about 15 years ago.  I was at my grandma's house when I was around 4 years old.  I was sitting in the back extra bedroom looking for something to watch on tv.  I searched the channels and found this show called The Dukes of Hazzard. haha  I had never heard of the show until then, but as soon as I saw that bright orange charger I knew I had to have one someday!!
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

spoolinhard

When I was in high school I drug home the carcass of a 68 charger R/T, it was rough, but I only paid 150 for it. My mom was angry and she made me sell it. It is over ten years later and I have been infatuated with them ever since (and still looking for the right one)!

Back N Black

I was 12 years old and the neighbour's son came home on leave from the Army driving a 68 Charger, it was love at first site. I ask him about the car last summer (fast forward 35 years). He sold it and it eventually ended up in the scrap yard.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

1979, when the General Lee jumped across my TV screen. :drool5:   34 years ago, I fell in love with that bright orange clunker car...  :2thumbs:

41husk

My dad always hade chryslers but in the Navy in 1980 I was stationed at the auto hobby shop at Millington TN. and my superviser was a mopar nut Henry McCurdy he got me hooked.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Plum Crazy 68

My firstMy neighbor up the street was a spoiled teen.  His dad gave him everything and he eventually got the family's white 69 R/T with a black tail stripe.  The kid was 16 and I was about 12 and envious.  This was around 1978.  One day he must of been mad at something and I watched this car go up the street hitting every mail box.  That's the last time I saw the car but that's when I started looking at these cars as something menacing and powerful. 

About a year later I was riding my bike on a long road and I had a silver 73 whoosh past me doing about 135 mph.  I stopped and then saw him coming back doing who knows how fast.  Been hooked on Chargers ever since.

RECHRGD

It was late 1967.  I was 19 years old and living with my parents in La Canada, Calif..  While reading the L.A. Times one morning, I saw an ad for the new Dodge Charger.  The picture of that car just blew me away.  It was the best looking car that I had ever seen, and not real expensive.  Pasadena Dodge had he base model listed starting at around $2,700.00 and in R/T trim with a huge 440 V8 starting around $3,400.00.  A week later I had a new yellow R/T on order and took delivery before my 20th birthday in February.  I loved that car.  It bettered most of the muscle cars of the day at the stop light wars and my love life certainly got a boost while I owned it.....
13.53 @ 105.32

rt green

bought a orange 68 in high school.   loved it. thats why i have one today
third string oil changer

RTDaddy

August, 1970.  Old man buys a 70 R/T, white, dark green vinyl top, 440/auto.  As we're tooling down I-85 about 1 a.m. heading to Talladega for the Grand National (Sprint Cup) race, the car picks up speed.  I peek around the seat to see 140 on the speedo.  In response to Mom's questoin "What did you think you were doing/" the Old man answers "I didn't think this thing would do 150."  Yup, I come by it honest.  Still have this car now, managed to buy it from the Old man before he passed on.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

68RT440

Mine was around 1995-1996. I was 12-13 years old, and discovered the reruns of DOH. I instantly became a GL/Charger fan. I immediately started asking my dad if we could get a 69 Charger. I wasnt as interested in having a General Lee as much as I wanted a 69 Charger for the car itself. Pops said that if were going to buy a car and fix it up, then were going to do it right. He told me to do research on Chargers, and if I wanted to look for an R/T, then I would have to study the numbers and know what was what when we went out to look at them. We looked at 69s for a couple years with no real luck. It had to be a matching numbers R/T for me, and it was hard to find one in our price range that wasnt way beyond what we were able to do being that this was our first fixer upper... After no luck, 1998 rolled around my dad said that he had a lead on a 68 R/T matching numbers with a special order paint/top combo. I wanted nothing to do with it cause it wasnt a 69. We went and looked at it anyways, and I fell in love with it. I had my numbers book and pencil, and confirmed on the VIN that it was an R/T. We were able to find the matching numbers on the back of the block on the bellhousing with a mirror, so that made it an even better deal to me. Now Im 29 years old, love the 68s over the 69/70s, and have started a rotisserie resto on the car about 2 years ago. I went to WyoTech, and am working at a hot rod shop, which gave me the skill and confidence to go at the Charger with a cut off wheel and welder. It feels good to be able to return the favor to my dad, and restore the car that made us both Mopar nuts.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

CDN72SE

My dad has always been a Chrysler guy and I followed suit, I guess I got hooked watching The Mod Squad when they had the gold 1972 Charger (I was 6 years old), then watching Nascar and Petty's 43 Charger. I think the colour combo really caught my attention and it was a Chrysler product so that also influenced me. Before I got my first car a guy I worked for had and still has a Triple black 440 72 SE, seeing that re-kindle my desire and I went out and found a 72 SE back in 1986, still got it.
1972 Charger SE

6pkrtse

Mine started when I was too young to remember. My Mom & Dad both say I used to always want to buy every little toy Charger & Hot Wheels car I saw even before I was old enough to know what they were. Then my Dad had a bunch of stories of his old 66 Charger from back in the day, then the D.O.H. came out when I was like 5 or 6 & that was all it took. I was hooked on Chargers for life.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

JT01

Jan 1979 when the General Lee hit the air.

TruckDriver

When I was around 9 or 10, there used to be a park I played at, across the street from a local trucking company. And one of the drivers, had a T7 Charger identical the one in the photo only with chrome Superior slotted wheels. And also about the same time, my grandpa's neighbour had a '70 R/T plum crazy w/white top and interior, 4spd. That '70 was the first Charger I ever rode in and I was hooked ever since on Charger's. I'm still pissed at myself for selling my '69 4spd Charger project. :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A6USMC

It all started with my fathers 70, 383 4spd Charger, I loved it at night when he used to light up the studed snow tires and make all those sparks :lol: Thats me at bat with my uncle, in the early 70"s

HeavyFuel

It all started with my fathers 70, 383 4spd Charger, I loved it at night when he used to light up the studed snow tires and make all those sparks :lol: Thats me at bat with my uncle, in the early 70"s

Double white stripe tires...neat.   I don't think I've seen those before.....

HeavyFuel

My brother in law had a '73 SE....red, black top/inside.  Back when I was about 16 it was the fastest car I had been in up to that point....about 135 mph.

He had gotten passed by a Camaro and wanted to show the guy he could keep up.

GL#10

chargerjy9

1966. saw one for the 1st time, loved the fastback roof and the full floor console with 4 bucket seats. IMO, coolest car on the road. Then in 1967 when the 68's came out, my lifelong passion for the marque came to be. That was and still is a timeless design. My 1st charger was a  new fully optioned  red 73 SE with 400 HP. my favorite body style. sexy, sinewy, sculptural  lines and sheeet metal.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

mikeydf14

I was almost 17 when I decided to get rid of my 67 Falcon. When it rained it leaked so bad inside there was no need to have a roof. I sold it and started my 4 mile one way walk to work for a few months until I could find something better.  A friend of mine's Mom told me that her Grand Dad was rebuilding a car that I might be interested in. She told me it was a Charger. I had no idea what it was so she drove me over to see it. I remember seeing it for the first time. I never noticed them on the roads to be honest and this was 1970! The car was B5 blue in and out, your basic 318 auto, buckets with buddy seat. That was it. I FAST became a Charger fan for life.  By end of 1972 I joined the Navy and sold it to a friend (I didn't know where I was being sent at that time)  By April 1973 I knew I was going to be in Norfolk, VA for the rest of my four year tour. So I had a friend find me another Charger and he did (#2). Another 69 with a 383 2bbl auto, Sea Foam Green.  I had that for a few years and then found my third Charger. A 68 383 HP 4bbl auto, yellow, white interior.  I messed with it until late December 1976 when I got out of the Navy and traded this one in for a 1977 Dodge Warlock truck.  Here it is 2013 and I now have another 77 Warlock (#2) I am restoring and my fourth Charger that I posted earlier. Doesn't get any better than that!!!! I attached a pic of my Warlock before I tore it down for restoration.

mikeydf14

My 4th Charger. I posted my story earlier along with a pic of this Charger's garage mate!

6pkrunner

May or so 1968 and it was my father's annual company picnic. I was offered a ride to go with his secretary and her boyfriend. He had an R4/white/white 1968 hemi Charger. The sound, the pull the tach and speedo swinging at the same rate - unforgettable.

CaptMarvel

It was around 1978 and I was home from jr. High sick, happened to catch the local tv station playing Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. Love at first sight. Inherited a bunch of late 60s/ early 70s car mags from my older cousin and got educated on the mighty Mopar...Started looking for them every time I was on the road, still doing that today...

surmanajaja

DMCL.

I was watching local tv around 94-96 and flipped through channels and the movie was beginning, didnt know what it was then but started watching since I love old movies..and it was great. a week or so later I am at my grandmoms in a place called Puumala, and hear big thumping sound and turn around..and there is a 69 charger in same (lemon twist?) color with the same side stripe as in the movie...chance of this happening is none because back then there was maybe 20-30 chargers 2nd gens in Finland and I didnt know a single one that was a dmcl replica..fell in love, but want really a 70.

of course I had seen bullitt years before and loved the chase scene, but didnt love the charger then.

Homerr

DoH planted the seed for me when I was around 10 years old.  However, I really began to appreciate the car around 1990 when I worked in Vancouver, WA.  I'm a draftsman by trade and the window over my desk looked out across the street to a faded maroon '69 Charger, remnants of a white R/T stripe, gas streaks down from the filler, American Racing Outlaw alum. wheels.  The guy worked at a battery shop and I was always looking out the window whenever I heard him fire it up.

About 5 years later that guy and his car weren't around anymore, but I had built my '69 and it was now parked across the street.   ;)