News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Asian Daytona with identity issues.

Started by Indygenerallee, January 27, 2013, 12:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

All I have to say is WOW, This Daytona clone is all sorts of messed up, It takes it a few minutes to get into the video it starts out with Volvo? I can't understand a word he says but I bet money it does not even have a Mopar powerplant. #43 DINOCO "Cars" Daytona that wants to be a Superbird!!  :lol: :smilielol:    http://youtu.be/memFLLt71gw
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nascarxx29

#43 Petty blue daytona.Maybe he combined the goodys headache car and the king from cars together  :icon_smile_big:

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Lighthorseman

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 27, 2013, 12:45:06 PM
All I have to say is WOW, This Daytona clone is all sorts of messed up, It takes it a few minutes to get into the video it starts out with Volvo? I can't understand a word he says but I bet money it does not even have a Mopar powerplant. #43 DINOCO "Cars" Daytona that wants to be a Superbird!!  :lol: :smilielol:

...Even so, he has a wing car - and I don't.   :slap:

Homerr

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 27, 2013, 12:45:06 PM
.....It takes it a few minutes to get into the video....

Protip:  pause Youtube where you want to start, right-click, 'Copy video URL at current time'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=memFLLt71gw&feature=player_detailpage#t=142s

mauve66

here's another video of his, but it still doesn't show the engine, sounds like a real motor though

pros: he did save a charger, he knows what a 69 charger daytona is, he tried to get there (i can't imagine how hard it is to get parts over there-and here i'm bitchin about a 1st gen :eek2:)

cons: he likes the Cars movie too much to have a daytona (maybe he doesn't know its a Superbird in the movie, maybe he's never seen a superbird??) i remember them showing a pic of a real Daytona but i don't remember a SB, interior doesn't show the same importance as exterior but maybe he's broke now, i can relate............................

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Hemi Runner

I couldn't quite make out what he said about the ..... oh never mind... :lol:

Indygenerallee

Thanks for the tip Homerr!!!  :2thumbs: I liked the fact that the guy just decided to run it without the door locks, trunk lock, sidemarkers, and I bet money that the wing and nosecone is wood!! Looks like he re-used the stock 69 Charger hood as well!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Golden-Arm

Quote from: mauve66 on January 28, 2013, 06:55:09 PM
(maybe he doesn't know its a Superbird in the movie, maybe he's never seen a superbird??)

wait, so he knows how to upload videos onto youtube, but doesnt know how to research a car online? sure, i'm buying that. :nana:

mauve66

if you didn't know a superbird existed you wouldn't know to look it up
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

BigBlockSam

i give him a lot of credit . he knew what he wanted and got it done  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

richRTSE

the John Denver music is cool though... :2thumbs:

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

petercharger

:Twocents: if u look at the place ...the surroundings ...it's amazing what he got done...plus it's probably the only wing car in that part of the country... :coolgleamA:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Bob T

Quote from: petercharger on February 04, 2013, 07:18:20 PM
:Twocents: if u look at the place ...the surroundings ...it's amazing what he got done...plus it's probably the only wing car in that part of the country... :coolgleamA:

Too true, good on him, he's living it  :2thumbs:

Wonder if there's any Wing cars in Japan, have seen a few 'Cudas and Chargers and even some Fin Cars that U.S. servicemen left there. Every now and then I see an article on some Japanese hot rod/ custom show and they have some wild cars in there
Old Dog, Old Tricks.