News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona conversion

Started by 70 sublime, January 26, 2013, 10:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 27, 2013, 11:01:54 AM
That's why I am building a Daytona clone that way I can modify it anyway I please and I won't be afraid to drive it! If I had a original I would be scared to death to drive it!

Not me.  Just got my a long awaiting Bird and am going to drive it!  I'm not going to go crazy with it, but it sure is going to get driving. :2thumbs:  I would hope for 1,000 - 2,000 a year.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 27, 2013, 01:27:14 PM
That's why I am building a Daytona clone that way I can modify it anyway I please and I won't be afraid to drive it! If I had a original I would be scared to death to drive it!

Not me.  Just got my a long awaiting Bird and am going to drive it!  I'm not going to go crazy with it, but it sure is going to get driving. :2thumbs:  I would hope for 1,000 - 2,000 a year.   :2thumbs:
now thats what i'm talkin about   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70 sublime

On the real Daytona what did they do with the old back window area ?
Did they take off the inner painted part of the sides or leave it there for more structure support when they added the plug ?
Is the space behind the seat just one big parcell shelf all the way to the back window ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Indygenerallee

They just removed the stock back glass and inserted the rear plug (Vega in my case) and then installed a new headliner and rear package tray, If you do some searches on here you can find plenty of pics.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 27, 2013, 11:15:06 AM
I miss my clone daytona drove it anywhere didnt worry where it was parked.It was my daily driver in the 80-s
built in the early 80-s 70 charger 500 W AC and Houndstooth Interior 70 RT door scoops real 500 backwindow.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Was this car ever in Oregon, and knew Rich Dean?

Dane

nascarxx29

That car came from Arkansas.Came to TX became a daytona off to NJ then it was in NC.Where its should still be
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

johnnyseville

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 27, 2013, 01:27:14 PM

It all depends on the level of restoration, the better, the more likely you are to hesistate to drive it.  If it needs a good restoration, then what the harm. Just one more thing to do when you get started.  That is my take on it.
too many to list!

Daytona Guy

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on January 27, 2013, 02:16:22 AM
Main reason I joined this site was to learn as much about the winged species as I can. Still a long way from even a remote possibility, I have learned much from my short time here.

I'm not sure I even want a real one. Would be scared [expletive deleted] to drive it. While I have the greatest respect for someone who correctly restores a numbers/date code/paint mark car.....its not me. I like to drive...and I honestly do not want the anguish of killing someone who stupidly dinged my valuable original. Some things kinda get personal with me.[just kidding, I'd most likely have a heart attack/stroke and be more a danger to myself]

So that means a clone. I'm good with it. It also free's me to make.....changes. I do want to drive it.....but the idea is to look pretty much stock, perform better. Maybe MUCH better.

It is a big project, the kind of effort I would need to put into it.....it would not be for sale.

I think.

But one never knows what the future will bring, things change, sometimes you need, not want, to sell. Very much agree with several comments......it's not about the $$$. If it is, there WILL be disappointment.

Interesting.....10k for the specific parts.....I actually expected more. Around 40k for a complete car.....again I would have expected more. Very interesting.

I would just find one already done - they then have absorbed the cost and all you need to do is make it yours by painting it the way you like it - change the interior - and wheels. I'm looking at selling my yellow one, and someone this summer will get a car for 40K that they can do what they want to it. Get a 6 year loan, make 450.00 monthly payments - you will spend that in parts for 6 years, then in 6 years the car is 100% paid for and by then worth 50K when the economy turns.

Dane

70 sublime

Quote from: Daytona Guy on January 29, 2013, 01:14:27 AM
Main reason I joined this site was to learn as much about the winged species as I can. Still a long way from even a remote possibility, I have learned much from my short time here.

I'm not sure I even want a real one. Would be scared [expletive deleted] to drive it. While I have the greatest respect for someone who correctly restores a numbers/date code/paint mark car.....its not me. I like to drive...and I honestly do not want the anguish of killing someone who stupidly dinged my valuable original. Some things kinda get personal with me.[just kidding, I'd most likely have a heart attack/stroke and be more a danger to myself]

So that means a clone. I'm good with it. It also free's me to make.....changes. I do want to drive it.....but the idea is to look pretty much stock, perform better. Maybe MUCH better.

It is a big project, the kind of effort I would need to put into it.....it would not be for sale.

I think.

But one never knows what the future will bring, things change, sometimes you need, not want, to sell. Very much agree with several comments......it's not about the $$$. If it is, there WILL be disappointment.

Interesting.....10k for the specific parts.....I actually expected more. Around 40k for a complete car.....again I would have expected more. Very interesting.

I would just find one already done - they then have absorbed the cost and all you need to do is make it yours by painting it the way you like it - change the interior - and wheels. I'm looking at selling my yellow one, and someone this summer will get a car for 40K that they can do what they want to it. Get a 6 year loan, make 450.00 monthly payments - you will spend that in parts for 6 years, then in 6 years the car is 100% paid for and by then worth 50K when the economy turns.

Dane

Why are you seling your clone ?
Tired of it or did you find a real wing car ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 29, 2013, 09:36:55 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on January 29, 2013, 01:14:27 AM

I think.

Dane

Why are you seling your clone ?
Tired of it or did you find a real wing car ??
Feeling a little blue :)

moparstuart

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :iagree: he's almost done building his hemi daytona clone
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE