News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post pics of your 69 Charger with a tail stripe & RT emblems....

Started by tcs69rt, January 25, 2013, 10:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

I have seen the nice green one with black stripe & RT emblems, looks cool! I am considering a red stripe on my black 69 RT (stripe delete) and need some inspiration, thanks! TC
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

tcs69rt

I should explain that the comment above was made about me by Senior Master Sgt Rich Barber. He was my last boss in the USAF, I retired in 2006 after 20 years. Rich did 26 years and retired in 2011!

twodko

Congrats on your 20 Master Sargent! I think a red strip would be 4.0 on your car ( that would be a perfect quarterly eval in my Navy for you Air Farce types  :nana: )

A big congrats to the Senior Master Sargent as well. Good on both of you! Hand salute....ready two......ready two. Carry on.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tracpack440

Here is my stripe delete car. I put the stripe on last year. Looks alot better.

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

69 OUR/TEA

I think tail stripes look great on 69 Chargers,but,on black ones I prefer NO stripe.Just something about the car being all black without the interruption of a stripe.So for me ,prefer the V88!!!

So you have holes you are going to cover up then ?????

F8-4life

Im a fan of the strip, and the v88 emblems but not doubled up

Ghoste

triple_green

It did both the 70 stripe and the QP emblems on my 69 R/T SE. I like it.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Ghoste

And to be 100% clear, I don't hate it by any stretch, just isn't what I'd do personally.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on January 26, 2013, 12:18:17 PM
And to be 100% clear, I don't hate it by any stretch, just isn't what I'd do personally.

I concur...my R/T is originally a stripe delete car as well, but when I bought her the holes were already filled in so a stripe it was.   I prefer the stripe anyway but I do have an NOS in the bag set of emblems for when the time arises ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

tcs69rt

The factory red "R/T" stripe will probably be what I end up with since the stripe I have is solid red, no "RT". The car is original triple black, stripe delete, matching #'s 440 Magnum, Auto, A/C & power windows. The paint is 11 years and has some minor rust & parking lot dings, the vinyl top is also 13 years old, original windshield & gasket are scratched, cracked etc!

I've played with the idea of putting the stripe on with the RT emblems just for awhile until I land a full time job. That way I will pull the vinyl top, motor, trans, grill & interior to have it all reshot black again, new top, new windshield and then decide to add a factory red RT stripe or leave it stripe delete with it's RT emblems???? I don't think it will devalue it by adding the factory RT stripe because I won't ever sell it.

Ghoste

I woulnd't think it would devalue it all except posibly to someone who was absolutely seeking a stripe delete car and unwilling to compromise. :shruggy:

stripedelete

Be prepared.  Everywhere you go there be this "one guy" who's job is to remind you that it's incorrect.   :brickwall:

Mytur Binsdirti

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Ghoste on January 26, 2013, 04:31:11 PM
I woulnd't think it would devalue it all except posibly to someone who was absolutely seeking a stripe delete car and unwilling to compromise. :shruggy:

That would be me. But hey, it's your car  :cheers:

bakerhillpins

SFRT's 69 is black with white and badges. Just can't finde a pic at the moment.

I don't mind it at all and actually think it looks kinda good.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

stripedelete

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 26, 2013, 11:18:45 PM
SFRT's 69 is black with white and badges. Just can't finde a pic at the moment.

I don't mind it at all and actually think it looks kinda good.  :yesnod:

Agreed.  It seems to really work on that car.   

SFRT

here it is. I used the high quality 1970 stripe and redrilled the badge postholes 1/4" off normal to center it.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

twodko

Hey Frank! Happy New Year, glad to see you're still vertical and ventilating. What objects de art have you created in your magical mystery man cave?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

johnnyseville

MY 69 was a stripe delete car, so had to use the emblem since it would harm the value, but I would have preferred the stripe, but not both.  Unless it is a highly collectible model, build it to suit you.
too many to list!

Cooter

No picsw, but when my brother bought his original '69 R/T, it had the white tail stripe and emblems. In fact, the emblems on m,y own GL are bout the only thing he could save off it when he wrecked it. Looked great. I think they both work good together. Helps bring out the R/T better with a colored backdrop.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

tan top

:drool5:  nice chargers Guys  :coolgleamA: :yesnod: :2thumbs:

love the look of a second generation with  centreline wheels
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6pkrtse

I love them every way, strip delete with emblem, just the stripe & no emblem & then also with both the emblem & stripe. Why so many choices i can never decide. All are awesome looking cars guys.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic