News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... not bad....

Started by Drache, January 25, 2013, 08:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So a couple days ago I'm told I need to teach an employee to shoot. Fine enough. I'm then told said employee has never even held a sidearm in their life.  :brickwall:

So I got the new employee out there and started small, .22LR and moved through 9mm up to the .45 ACP. The target was a 1 foot by 2 feet metal plate 60 feet away. Taught the new employee how to hold the gun, how to stand, how to load, blah blah blah. The bloody new employee was hitting that metal place at least 75% of the time.  :o

Well that's going to make my job easier   :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

Way to go :cheers:  What's next on the agenda?

Mopar440+6

Thats part of the beauty of teaching someone who has never held a weapon before. They listen to every single thing you tell them and follow it exactly. They have no preconceptions that they know what they're doing. Same reason most women are better race drivers than men, they don't think they know everything...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Drache

Ok now the embarrassing part. So I pick up his sidearm and proceed to miss all my shots except the last one.  :slap:

Every gun is different. The sights are slightly different. My Sig is set up just perfectly for me. I had no idea on how little or how much of his front sight to use. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least. I pulled myself together though and proceeded to place the next two mags from his sidearm into the plate without missing one round. Then did the same with my Sig. A little showy, yes. but after missing with his first mag... I needed to redeem myself.  :icon_smile_big:

I also had the Taliban Wacker out there and we put some down range with that.

What's next is more and more training for him with me or on his own. Then depending on his roles in the company it will be training with a shotgun or a carbine.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

myk

Wish you had been around when I decided to jump ahead of all of the anti-gun politicians in California last year.  I taught myself how to shoot but looking back on it I recommend a class or two, or at least someone who is very familiar with firearms, of course when it came time for me to learn no one was available.  I mean think about it....I could've taken my eye out with that 'AR... :eek2:

Kudos to you for taking the time to educate people about firearms.  If we had more folks like you, maybe this country wouldn't be in an anti-gun hysteria right now...