News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OLYMPICS IN TORINO -Who will take gold in Icehockey ???

Started by Mefirst, February 14, 2006, 04:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden73

Quote from: h76 on February 24, 2006, 07:20:20 PM

To get young people in the U.S. into hockey, you need a good support structure. How many high schools out there do you know of have active hockey conferences or leagues. Football,baseball, and basketball fields/courts can be found anywhere out there. But isn't ironic that all/most of these hockey players make a very generous living in the NHL, which is predomanantly consisting of teams in the U.S, with the exception of some Canadian teams. Maybe it's just me, the reason I have a hard time getting into hockey is that a lot of the premier players are not from the U.S. I can watch football and know who this guy is, rather than watch an NHL game and the best player on the ice is from some place in Europe I never heard of.  Don't get me wrong, these guys are great, but I ain't dropping everything to watch them as if it was a Green Bay/Minnesota football game.

Pretty much every high school around here has a hockey team...

We need less hockey and more football!!!!  ;D

hemihead

Quote from: golden73 on February 24, 2006, 07:30:20 PM
Quote from: h76 on February 24, 2006, 07:20:20 PM

To get young people in the U.S. into hockey, you need a good support structure. How many high schools out there do you know of have active hockey conferences or leagues. Football,baseball, and basketball fields/courts can be found anywhere out there. But isn't ironic that all/most of these hockey players make a very generous living in the NHL, which is predomanantly consisting of teams in the U.S, with the exception of some Canadian teams. Maybe it's just me, the reason I have a hard time getting into hockey is that a lot of the premier players are not from the U.S. I can watch football and know who this guy is, rather than watch an NHL game and the best player on the ice is from some place in Europe I never heard of.  Don't get me wrong, these guys are great, but I ain't dropping everything to watch them as if it was a Green Bay/Minnesota football game.

Pretty much every high school around here has a hockey team...

We need less hockey and more football!!!!  ;D
All we need is more trash talking in sports.MORE FOOTBALL, geez!!!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Recharger