News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OLYMPICS IN TORINO -Who will take gold in Icehockey ???

Started by Mefirst, February 14, 2006, 04:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

OK Guys.. and Women...

On Wensday it begins...

-Who will take home the Gold medal in this Olympic Games Icehockey Tournament ???

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mefirst

Ponch ®

Only homos watch the winter olympics, for the figure skating, which isnt a real sport anyway.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Mefirst

Quote from: Ponch on February 14, 2006, 04:12:00 PM
Only homos watch the winter olympics, for the figure skating, which isnt a real sport anyway.

Well what ever Dude :nana:

This thread was about Icehockey, if you want to discuss Figure skating start your own thread..

Ponch ®

we got the best players from all over the world in the NHL...why would I care about Olympic Hockey?

Mefirst

Quote from: Ponch on February 14, 2006, 04:23:28 PM
we got the best players from all over the world in the NHL...why would I care about Olympic Hockey?

Well the only thing that this thread needs to become realy perfect is a dumb comment from Silver :brickwall:

.. why did I even bother...

golden73

I hope the womens hockey team wins gold just for 1 reason alone. I went to high school with Lindsay Wall. She went to the olypics and got the silver medal. During that summer, I kicked her ass in beer pong, as well as the whole next year when we played.

Now if she wins the gold, now I can say I beat a gold medalist... instead of a mere silver medalist  :nana:

MoparGuy

Canada (In both mens' s & women')  no doubt, eh!   It's our national sport besides trying to figure out our Mopars in this cold land during the winter months (as we sure can't drive them).  Gives us lots of time to get our cars in good shape for the summer so we can enjoy driving them. 

Geordie

As a Jr. Hockey player in Canada. I'm going to have to say Canada in both the women's and men's hockey. Pretty much a no brainer.. ;D

Ponch ®

Quote from: Geordie on February 14, 2006, 06:24:15 PM
As a Jr. Hockey player in Canada. I'm going to have to say Canada in both the women's and men's hockey. Pretty much a no brainer.. ;D

i believe the question was "who WILL take the gold", not "who do you want to win the gold".

The Czechs are gonna kick everyone's ass.

Geordie

Well considering the Men's Canadian Team dominated the 2002 Olympics, They WILL win this year as well Ponch. When your cappie is Joe Sakic and two of your D go down and you still have Jay Bou.. and McCabe as your healthy's, your pretty much unstoppable. :yesnod:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Geordie on February 14, 2006, 07:05:29 PM
Well considering the Men's Canadian Team dominated the 2002 Olympics, They WILL win this year as well Ponch. When your cappie is Joe Sakic and two of your D go down and you still have Jay Bou.. and McCabe as your healthy's, your pretty much unstoppable. :yesnod:

4 years is a loooong time.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: golden73 on February 14, 2006, 05:16:16 PM
I hope the womens hockey team wins gold just for 1 reason alone. I went to high school with Lindsay Wall. She went to the olypics and got the silver medal. During that summer, I kicked her ass in beer pong, as well as the whole next year when we played.

Now if she wins the gold, now I can say I beat a gold medalist... instead of a mere silver medalist  :nana:

I used to swim on the USC team, which has many Olympic and other championship medalists.  In the interest of confidentiality, I won't release names ( :angel: ), but I'm a member of the "gold-medal club."

nh_mopar_fan

Someone wanna tell Ponch that the NHL guys are playin gin the Olympics?

I don't know who will win, I'm waiting to see who Janet Jones is laying the money on.

This whole betting scandal has made hockey as interesting as it's been in years.

When all is said and done, there are going to be some big names that are going down. From what I've seen of some the the San Jose game results, there were some games that don't smell too good.

Wayne-o claiming that he didn't know what his best friend was involved in or that hs wife was laying down a half a mil at a time is a joke.

It's going to bring the entire sport down.

Some people might even notice.

hemihead

Women's - USA or Canada
Men's- Russia because of my man and future Pittsburgh Penguin Evgeni Malkin  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Telvis

Did anyone see the opening ceremony? How about the power ranger skaters with flaming backpacks! I have to mention the fake cows and the Riccolla cough drop dudes and their big horns. That whole thing was a train wreck. What a mess!!

Mefirst

Well about Womens Icehockey.. My guess is that Canada and USA will be in the finals, no doubt.. The Bronze medall will be a fight between Finland and Sweden. The Swedish Icehockey women have become better with every year, but I kinda doubt they will have what it takes to beat Finland..

So my guess is.. Canada -Gold, USA - Silver and Finland -Bronze

About Mens Hockey.. Well its going to be a battle...

Personaly I dont care who wins, the only thing I care about is that Finland kicks Swedens ass :horse:

hemihead

Canada better watch out for that Fin woman's team.They gave USA a scare yesterday.

They were just saying during yesterdays game how Wall almost didn't make the team because she was out of shape and slow.The coach gave her until October to get it back together.So that was YOUR fault? LMAO!
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

THE COLONEL

Of course I will be wanting the U.S. to win, but I think Canada will.  Once the U.S. is bumped out, I will root for Canada. :yesnod:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Neal_J

The real reason hetero men watch the Olypmics...and it ain't hockey:

Neal

golden73

Quote from: hemihead on February 15, 2006, 07:43:11 AM
Canada better watch out for that Fin woman's team.They gave USA a scare yesterday.

They were just saying during yesterdays game how Wall almost didn't make the team because she was out of shape and slow.The coach gave her until October to get it back together.So that was YOUR fault? LMAO!

Yup, I accept the blame :D

caddman

don't forget about the Swedes the have some awsome scorers and the defense isn't to shabby either.
as far as women hockey, go USA!

nh_mopar_fan

All I know is that this ain't a sport:

69bananabeast

Quote from: Neal_J on February 15, 2006, 03:23:44 PM

Neal

who is that?

and hockey's a sport?  :shruggy:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

hemihead

Hockey is more of a sport than Golf.And is much more manly.  :yesnod:
  Led Zeppelin

Geordie

Hey BanaBeast,

How come you don't believe hockey is a sport? Have you ever tried it? Just wondering why you don't think it's a sport when you have to be able to skate, handle a puck and be in excellent cardiovascular shape to play? Let us know.

derailed

Can somone tell me what the name of that sport is where they send those stones as they call them down the ice and try to get them into the circles and knock the other team members out. They sweep the ice with a brush in front of it as its sliding along to control the speed of it.

Shakey

Quote from: derailed on February 16, 2006, 12:46:33 AM
Can somone tell me what the name of that sport is where they send those stones as they call them down the ice and try to get them into the circles and knock the other team members out. They sweep the ice with a brush in front of it as its sliding along to control the speed of it.

Curling.  A very popular sport in the Nordic countries.

4402tuff4u

I say the Ruskies will take it.  Hey! is that poor girl stuck in the ice? :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Shakey

Quote from: 69bananabeast on February 15, 2006, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: Neal_J on February 15, 2006, 03:23:44 PM

Neal

who is that?

and hockey's a sport?  :shruggy:

There is a fellow here in Canada, Don Cherry, he used to coach the Boston Bruins back in the '70's and is now an analyst on Hockey Night in Canada, kinda like John Madden in the NFL.

One his favourite rants usually in his loud and boisterous voice:

"Basketball - a guy gets a slap on the wrist and they call a foul?  C'mon!"

This is usually followed by a video montage of some of the great body checks from the week in hockey.

Mefirst

Quote from: Shakey on February 16, 2006, 07:30:25 AM
Can someone tell me what the name of that sport is where they send those stones as they call them down the ice and try to get them into the circles and knock the other team members out. They sweep the ice with a brush in front of it as its sliding along to control the speed of it.

Curling. A very popular sport in the Nordic countries.

-F..K No!! Curling is a dorky sport, kinda like Golf, invented by the Scottish.. 99.9% of the Scandinavians don't understand anything about it, its just stupid.. The only sport that makes sense, that has it´s roots from the United Kingdom is Soccer, the rest is just something stupid that can only be invented my inbreed aristocracy stuck for to long on an island...

By the way, the Russians are kicking the Swedes ass in hockey right now. 2;nd period, Russia 3 - Sweden 0 :punkrocka:

4402tuff4u

That's what I thought they did with old torque converters when I was a little kid - use them for the ice curling sport. I wonder how the sweepers train for the ice curling sport..... :icon_smile_cool:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Shakey

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on February 16, 2006, 11:40:36 AM
That's what I thought they did with old torque converters when I was a little kid - use them for the ice curling sport. I wonder how the sweepers train for the ice curling sport..... :icon_smile_cool:

That is why the women are so good at it!

Neal_J

Her name is Sasha Cohen but I prefer to think of her as a "Fun Date".

GRRRRRRRRR

Neal

69bananabeast

Quote from: Geordie on February 16, 2006, 12:40:56 AM
Hey BanaBeast,

How come you don't believe hockey is a sport? Have you ever tried it? Just wondering why you don't think it's a sport when you have to be able to skate, handle a puck and be in excellent cardiovascular shape to play? Let us know.

nah I was jk .  Played Roller Hockey back in the day . Us Texans hate the friggin cold , so hockey's out.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Geordie

Thought so Bananabeast... ;) You don't ever watch any of the minor pro teams in Texas? Like the icebats? lol.

69bananabeast

No I went to an Iguanas game (san antonio ) a few years back .  and I thikn they fell apart .   Now there's a team I believe called the Rampage or something of the sort.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

hemihead

Canada just got overthrown by Switerland 2-0 !  The world is off its axis!   :o
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

Quote from: Mefirst on February 16, 2006, 11:33:08 AM
Quote from: Shakey on February 16, 2006, 07:30:25 AM
Can someone tell me what the name of that sport is where they send those stones as they call them down the ice and try to get them into the circles and knock the other team members out. They sweep the ice with a brush in front of it as its sliding along to control the speed of it.

Curling. A very popular sport in the Nordic countries.

-F..K No!! Curling is a dorky sport, kinda like Golf, invented by the Scottish.. 99.9% of the Scandinavians don't understand anything about it, its just stupid.. The only sport that makes sense, that has it´s roots from the United Kingdom is Soccer, the rest is just something stupid that can only be invented my inbreed aristocracy stuck for to long on an island...

By the way, the Russians are kicking the Swedes ass in hockey right now. 2;nd period, Russia 3 - Sweden 0 :punkrocka:

It seems to be going pretty good for the Nordic countries..

Winter Olympics curling results on Sunday:
Men
Round Robin
Norway 9 New Zealand 6
Germany 7 Sweden 5
Finland 7 Italy 4
USA 9 Great Britain 8

Winter Olympics curling results on Saturday:
Women
Round Robin
Great Britain 9 Italy 5
Switzerland 7 Russia 4
Sweden 10 Denmark 5
Japan 5 Canada 2
USA 11 Italy 3
Norway 8 Great Britain 4
Sweden 8 Japan 7

Winter Olympics curling results on Saturday:
Men
Round Robin
USA 8 Germany 5
Italy 7 Canada 6
Great Britain 6 Switzerland 5
Finland 7 Norway 3

Finland is 5 & 2, in second place overall.

hemihead

I like to watch curling, it soothes me and makes me sleep.And the USA women curlers are cute.  :icon_smile_wink:
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

So the Canadians get sent home with no hardware.  I met my buddies to watch the game yesterday afternoon in downtown Toronto.  It is too bad that they lost as now I have no excuse to leave the office early Friday to watch the game.   :down:

hemihead

Yep, Canada and USA going home empty handed.But my man Malkin is still in it. :yesnod:
It will go down to Russia and Czech Republic.
  Led Zeppelin

BrianShaughnessy

OK... I just read the online and the Sasha chick fell twice and took silver,  the russian chick fell and got 3rd and some japanese girl got gold.   The only things that the olympics are good for is over... no need to show it anymore.

Can they just cancel the rest of the tv coverage and put Earl back on tonight?   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

h76

In  Europe and Canada they treat ice hockey like we treat pro football,baseball, and basketball. People in the U.S. consider hockey the fifth most important sport behind-1)football2)baseball3)basketball4)NASCAR5)NHL. So don't expect people to give too great of an opinion of whether Sweden will beat either Finland/Russia in the gold medal game?
My 2 cents-Finland is on a roll.

golden73

I saw a poll of the popularity of sports... ice hockey was #32 I believe.... just before water polo

Nobody cares about the winter olympics! But the summer olympics is a different story...

Shakey

Quote from: golden73 on February 24, 2006, 06:59:45 PM
I saw a poll of the popularity of sports... ice hockey was #32 I believe.... just before water polo

Nobody cares about the winter olympics! But the summer olympics is a different story...

I didn't even think hockey ranked as high as 32nd in the United States.  I thought I had heard 80th or something...  :D

Seriuosly, I know it is not very popular in the US.

h76

To get young people in the U.S. into hockey, you need a good support structure. How many high schools out there do you know of have active hockey conferences or leagues. Football,baseball, and basketball fields/courts can be found anywhere out there. But isn't ironic that all/most of these hockey players make a very generous living in the NHL, which is predomanantly consisting of teams in the U.S, with the exception of some Canadian teams. Maybe it's just me, the reason I have a hard time getting into hockey is that a lot of the premier players are not from the U.S. I can watch football and know who this guy is, rather than watch an NHL game and the best player on the ice is from some place in Europe I never heard of.  Don't get me wrong, these guys are great, but I ain't dropping everything to watch them as if it was a Green Bay/Minnesota football game.

golden73

Quote from: h76 on February 24, 2006, 07:20:20 PM

To get young people in the U.S. into hockey, you need a good support structure. How many high schools out there do you know of have active hockey conferences or leagues. Football,baseball, and basketball fields/courts can be found anywhere out there. But isn't ironic that all/most of these hockey players make a very generous living in the NHL, which is predomanantly consisting of teams in the U.S, with the exception of some Canadian teams. Maybe it's just me, the reason I have a hard time getting into hockey is that a lot of the premier players are not from the U.S. I can watch football and know who this guy is, rather than watch an NHL game and the best player on the ice is from some place in Europe I never heard of.  Don't get me wrong, these guys are great, but I ain't dropping everything to watch them as if it was a Green Bay/Minnesota football game.

Pretty much every high school around here has a hockey team...

We need less hockey and more football!!!!  ;D

hemihead

Quote from: golden73 on February 24, 2006, 07:30:20 PM
Quote from: h76 on February 24, 2006, 07:20:20 PM

To get young people in the U.S. into hockey, you need a good support structure. How many high schools out there do you know of have active hockey conferences or leagues. Football,baseball, and basketball fields/courts can be found anywhere out there. But isn't ironic that all/most of these hockey players make a very generous living in the NHL, which is predomanantly consisting of teams in the U.S, with the exception of some Canadian teams. Maybe it's just me, the reason I have a hard time getting into hockey is that a lot of the premier players are not from the U.S. I can watch football and know who this guy is, rather than watch an NHL game and the best player on the ice is from some place in Europe I never heard of.  Don't get me wrong, these guys are great, but I ain't dropping everything to watch them as if it was a Green Bay/Minnesota football game.

Pretty much every high school around here has a hockey team...

We need less hockey and more football!!!!  ;D
All we need is more trash talking in sports.MORE FOOTBALL, geez!!!
  Led Zeppelin

Recharger