News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WINDOW CRANKS

Started by C928BRAN, January 24, 2013, 01:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C928BRAN

Which direction were the window cranks pointing from the factory, with the windows up, on a 69 charger?

thanks, craig

twodko

On my 69 the cranks point forward and slightly up.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

I think that is generally where they pointed across a number of years in that circumstance.

ODZKing

Up and slightly to the back I was told by a  body shop guy. Had something to do with the regulator, but I forgot why now.

khodne

Up and slightly back.  Up so they don't rub on your legs in the back seat.  Back so the window doesn't open from vibration. 

Ghoste

There must be some smooth operating windows out there because they don't vibrate open in my rock tumbler piece of crap. :lol:

ODZKing

Quote from: khodne on January 24, 2013, 10:26:26 PM
Up and slightly back.  Up so they don't rub on your legs in the back seat.  Back so the window doesn't open from vibration. 
Yep, that was it   :yesnod:

Ghoste

Awesome, that gives me something to do on the car that is easy and cost free with instant gratification.  I like those projects once in a while. :2thumbs: :lol: