News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone make dash tags?

Started by r4daytona, January 21, 2013, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

one of my buddies bought a project and it was missing the dash tag. I know Galen or Marti Reports does the fender tags, but does anybody make dash tags?

Charger_Fan

You mean VIN tags? I think this guy still does. http://www.datatags.com/
He'll need to see bonafide proof of ownership before he will make one, he's pretty strict about that.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 21, 2013, 03:48:42 PM
He'll need to see bonafide proof of ownership before he will make one, he's pretty strict about that.

I would hope not...highly illegal :nono:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69CoronetRT

Be safe...be secure...get a state issued VIN or check with your DMV first BEFORE having one made.
Remade fender tags are not illegal. A remade VIN could get you in a world of hurt.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 21, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

Yup!    :badidea:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

r4daytona

ok, i get that it's a bad idea and I will check with my DMV.  So not to sound stupid here, why is it such a problem though?  If he has the receipt, title/registration and fender tag why is it a problem? I mean, that make fender tags if you need them replaced.

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on January 24, 2013, 08:32:07 AM
ok, i get that it's a bad idea and I will check with my DMV.  So not to sound stupid here, why is it such a problem though?  If he has the receipt, title/registration and fender tag why is it a problem? I mean, that make fender tags if you need them replaced.
because some scammer will always come along and abuse this .  Pass off a car as something it isnt .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

ok, i get that it's a bad idea and I will check with my DMV.  So not to sound stupid here, why is it such a problem though?  If he has the receipt, title/registration and fender tag why is it a problem? I mean, that make fender tags if you need them replaced.
A VIN is supposed to be a unique identifier and is the source for proving legal ownership. The tag itself is the primary source to find this number. A fender tag was never anything legal and was purely for the manufacturer's information. Basically, the government doesn't care what you do with any tag other than the VIN. There are other sources of the VIN on the car itself which a state agency may use to prove the car. This is why VIN tampering (removing, altering, adding, etc.) of any of these is illegal in every state. When I was missing a tag off my Barracuda they just used the door sticker (all modern cars have a sticker so I guess they thought it was the same). A state-issued VIN will not likely be the same as the original manufacturer's VIN - but it will be the most legal way of proving ownership of the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

areibel

What Troy said-
Here in PA if you need to do anything with the VIN, you wind up with a lovely State issued stamped aluminum replacement that gets riveted to your door jamb.  Not pretty, but at least the car can be driven.

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on January 24, 2013, 02:27:02 PM
ok, i get that it's a bad idea and I will check with my DMV.  So not to sound stupid here, why is it such a problem though?  If he has the receipt, title/registration and fender tag why is it a problem? I mean, that make fender tags if you need them replaced.
because some scammer will always come along and abuse this .  Pass off a car as something it isnt .

like that's never happened before!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 21, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

If you know the procedure, a replacement VIN tag is legal, and can be made to replace a missing tag....www.datatags.com aka Tagsbackeast will make a VIN ta, but you'll need "everything" in the way of proof to get one done