News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New here and pics of my 71 Superbee :) New pics! 2/19/06

Started by Couga, February 14, 2006, 02:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

:wave: WELCOME !! and Congrats on the Sweet Deal, & as far as that ramcharger setup, i'd get it if i was you as they are pretty dear and hard to find these days..
This is the best site on the web!  :yesnod:

Cool car!  your a lucky man!

rich4406bbl

If you can get a COMPLETE ramcharger set-up for the car at a reasonably price then get it. It could cost you close to 4500.00 if you have to get everything individually. Some of the parts are down right close to impossible to find and very expensive like an original switch and solenoid. Air cleaners for a 383 for this hood are quite common and show up on ebay often as do most of the other parts.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Goldfinger71

Wow!....What a deal!.....Great car!........Great story! :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

charge69

Congrats!!  Great Charger at an unbelieveable price!  Put it back as original as possible and you will never be sorry!

chargerkid

Nice ride.  We are working on my brothers 71 Bee 383 airgrabber, yellow.  We are working on the passenger quarter panel.  We had to do some modifications to the trunk extensions and fabricate some pieces before we can welld the quarter on.  It's not an aftermarket quarter.  It's one that we cut out of a 72 and using the existing 71 side marker lights.  Just make sure you get either a 71 or 72 quarter panel.  Watch out for the aftermarket stuff.

Darkness

Nice car. Wish I could find deals like that. ::)

Khyron

sooooo, how much did you pay? :lol:

j/k Great looking car man, good luck and feel free to ask as many questions as you need too :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Quote from: Couga on February 14, 2006, 10:41:18 PM
Thanks everyone ,

on a side not I have a option to uy a ramcharger setup for a flat hood (so it looks like it would have the hood bubble) If I bought this would it take away from my car or should I just leave it with what I have now?
I would love to have a air grabber setup for the 383.
I just love the look of it.

I personally prefer the Superbee hood. Plus, not buying the Ramcherger setup will save you a few grand you can put into other, more neccisary parts of the cars restoration.

And, damn, I love those 71 Bee's.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerkid

Your car needs to be repainted.  Keep the Bee hood and get a ramcharger hood.  Paint both of them.  That way you can switch them out.  It will not hurt the value of the car.  I personally think that adding a ramcharger hood wll increase the value.

TruckDriver

You know, I never seen a Bee with a air grabber hood yet. Was it even a option that you could get on the Bee? I've seen them on R/Ts.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Yes, the air grabber was an option. Unfortunately, I don't have either on my Bee. I just have a regular bulge hood. The original hood was missingwhen I bought the car in '89.

Nice car Couga. You gotta a great car at a great price.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Couga

Here are a few pics I got with a better camera I borrowed from a friend. I would post better pics but upload pixels limits filesize to 11 kb.

this is the paint after i hit it w/compound

General_01

That fender looks good after hitting it with some compound. Post some pics after your done doing it to the whole car.
496 stroker
4-speed

Johnny SixPack

Wow!  :o

Congrats, man! :cheers:

Seems like you're definitely on "carma's" good side. :D

Can't wait to see it progress as you begin the work. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Couga

OK,
Update 1-17-2008

I had to put the SuperBee on hold for a little while. Bought a new house with a 4 bay "equipment shelter" that I plan on turning into a garage.
So we bought a house, had to sell the old house- had 2 morgauges at one time....
Sold old house and now the restoration will continue .
I still have not had time to finish assembling the 383 yet...

So,
Once I get the 383 back together/ installed/ broken in Ill get video/pics and post them up. Does anyone know a good way to prime the oil before starting it? I have seen the primer shafts u use with a drill and do before start up- might need to pick one up.
Also, I notice the bottom of the distributor is slotted, so is it safe to say the timing would be dead on or 180 off?
Man this place has changed since I have dissapeared for a little while.

I'm going to need a top and the drivers floorpan for starters.
And Im having trouble deciding if I should make it a straight HT car or put the white vinyl top back on..

Missed ya guys, just been busy taking care of things/house/wife/kid, now he's 6 years old and is eager to help dad work on the Superbee, he tells all his frends it's the coolest car.

General_01

I like the HT look myself. My Bee is supposed to have a vinyl top, but I just had the paint guys paint it black and put the trim back on. If I ever get it painted again, I will do the same thing again. Just my  :Twocents:.

Kinda cool your gonna have a little helper. :2thumbs: Post the pics when you can.
496 stroker
4-speed

Couga

Thanks,
I think I will put the vinyl top back on-it has kinda grown on me now that I think about it. My father said it wouldn't be my car if it did not have it on... but I have to source a rust free top to replace the one that is on it now. It has rusted out across the front near the top of the winshield.

I had gave an Idea to turn it to a Hemi car, but I think I will be just as happy making it a 440 6/pk later on , always wanted one  :2thumbs:

List of pieces I need so far to get this going:
New top
drivers floorpan
turnsignal lens and cover for passenger side rear quarter (where my father backed into it by accident)
I might need a quarter panel for the driver's side and possibly the outer wheelwell for that side as well.
New leafsprings/shackles
New gastank and straps.

It came with the 14x6 Magnum 500's, going to upgrade to 15x7 front 15x8 rear .
I have alot on the plate in '08 but I am going to drive the Bee this year. I can't stand to see it sit anymore.

Many thanks to those who give insight/help in advance,
Trying to make a dream become reality.
Steve

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Couga on January 17, 2008, 05:54:33 PM
OK,
Update 1-17-2008

I had to put the SuperBee on hold for a little while. Bought a new house with a 4 bay "equipment shelter" that I plan on turning into a garage.
So we bought a house, had to sell the old house- had 2 morgauges at one time....
Sold old house and now the restoration will continue .
I still have not had time to finish assembling the 383 yet...

So,
Once I get the 383 back together/ installed/ broken in Ill get video/pics and post them up. Does anyone know a good way to prime the oil before starting it? I have seen the primer shafts u use with a drill and do before start up- might need to pick one up.
Also, I notice the bottom of the distributor is slotted, so is it safe to say the timing would be dead on or 180 off?
Man this place has changed since I have dissapeared for a little while.

I'm going to need a top and the drivers floorpan for starters.
And Im having trouble deciding if I should make it a straight HT car or put the white vinyl top back on..

Missed ya guys, just been busy taking care of things/house/wife/kid, now he's 6 years old and is eager to help dad work on the Superbee, he tells all his frends it's the coolest car.

Hi Couga,

sounds like you've got a great car on your hands, but unfortunately I can't see it. My computer won't allow any of your pictures to be displayed. I don't suppose you have a seperate website somewhere do you ?

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Couga

Messing around in photoshop

These are the pics I have from after moving them to the new home.
The other car is my 69' Cougar that i have had since highschool.
I'll have to rehost the old pics that I first posted, will do that when I get home later on tomorrow.

Couga

Peter,
I just saw your 71 bee in your avitar and that Blue is absolutely gorgeous. :2thumbs:
Mine is like a burnt copper color, I dont remember the paint code.
I know it came from the factory with the HD suspension, HD Transmission, but with  open diff and 4wheel non power drum brakes.
I'd like to change it to disc upfront and add a posi later on as well.

Thanks,
Steve

Couga

The pics above do not do the car justice. These were taken with my digital camcorder, that has the option to be used as a camera as well.
I was messing with the settings and that is how they turned out.
I have removed the pics from the original post in this thread and was going to reup them- but photobucket is being a pain in the a$$.
So when I can finally login to my PB account I will reupload the original pics and update the thread with what I have.

Couga

Ok, these ore the pics that were up on the original posting.

I will try to get some more up that I have later on.
Steve

Couga

Sorry for the double.triple post but I have been hanging around and finding out a wealth of info that I did not know before.
This place is awesome :2thumbs: