News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New here and pics of my 71 Superbee :) New pics! 2/19/06

Started by Couga, February 14, 2006, 02:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couga

Hello,
As stated before Im new here and as promised pics of my newly aqquired 71 superbee.

383Magnum,HD727,HD Suspension, open 8 3/4 diff, slapstik, drum brakes on all 4 corners, PS, no PWB, Dual exhaust, has brown interior with lighter brown inserts, and a white vinyl top.

I posted in need of parts in the need parts section, please help me get her road ready soon. :yesnod:
paid $1,000 for it and owner gave me boxes of year one repo stuff and a almost complete original stripe kit from mamopar , in blue mopar boxes.

Couga

RD

damn!!!! 1,000 dollars!! recently??  if so, you got a steal!  welcome to the board, love to see dem 3rd gens!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

plum500

Welcome to the site! -- Nice ride!

And may I say...

Quote...paid $1,000 for it...

Holy crap!?! For the whole car?

rich4406bbl

You got a REAL DEAL if you only paid 1k for that plus parts!!!! Since you now have a Superbee, you might want to check out www.71superbee.com and sign up on it.

Lets see some pics of the interior and engine compartment. Is it all original??

andy74

great score! welcome aboard,just a warning-its an addiction

TruckDriver

WOW! That was a real steal! Wish I would get lucky like that once with a R/T or Bee. By the way Take a look at the Third Gen Charger Registry and register that thing ;) The link is at the bottom of my signature scrolling.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

I'd agree that that was a good deal.

I also like the colour.

Keep the progress pics coming.

Welcome to the site.

Couga

All original, got everything the aircleaner with the 383 tin on top of it, interior needs a drivers front floorpan, new underlayment and carpet.
I bought this from the original owner that had it special ordered in 1970. (He got the slap stick shifter if his wife chose the vinyl top- thats why its a white vinyl top instead of black.I have the original title that dates back to 71. ;D
I either need a quarter for the pass rear or get it hammered out? Why you say? because a few days ago my dad backed his k1500 Chevy pickup into that rear quarter that had no bondo, dents..... :flame:. oh well he said he will pay for it when it goes into the shop.

But back on topic, it is a all original unmolested uncut car.

other oddities:
14x6 road wheels(magnum 500's) with trim rings and black bullet centercaps.
has the 3 button horn/steering wheel than the round center style SE type ( i think)

the original owner gave me a new package tray that matches the interior(still in plastic) new lenses for the turnsignals that go in the front valence panel, new emblem for the center of the front bumper. and some other stuff I can't think of right now.

when removing the 383 out for some ungodly reason the small cable that goes to the starter- the nut rounded off and the cable broke so got a new one from the dealership, as well as resto plug wires, I wanted the resto dist cap(tan) and rotor but they accidentally ordered me the performance one (black) and it will have to do till the next tune up.

383 Specs:
Bored .40 over w/ Sealed Power forged Flat tops
Whole rotating assembly has been balanced
Rods resized with ARP Rod bolts/nuts.
Block honed, pressurechecked, coated with glycol
replaced stock magnum cam with mopar pn:p4286677  272 duration for a little more thump. :icon_smile_big:
High volume oil pump
had the oil holes on the crank chamfered(Sp?) for better oiling.
Heads disassembled, vatted, pressurechecked, 3 angle valve job, hardened valve seats on exhaust valves, new bronze valve guides installed, new oil seals on valves and reassembled.
and a windage tray.
(phew)
I have to finish the reassembly of the engine and put it back in and I will be trying to get the body/floorpan done so I can start driving it.

So, like I said before- anyone got a gastank for a 71 superbee?

Ill get some more pics of the bee uploaded , and post more pics.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Couga

RD,
Thanks very much
and I'd also like to say thanks to the other members that have welcomed another charger lover to the forums.

And yes, $1,000 for the whole car. I saw it 5 years ago sitting in a mans back yard- I didn't have money at the time so I didnt even ask if it was for sale. 5 Years later I was coming home from a fishing trip with my wife and son and happened to come down the road where is was near. I told my wife about it, she said "go look" turned the corner and wow, it never moved for 5 years. Talked to the owner, told him my first car was a 71 and when I sold it along time ago that I was going to get another one. From the street it looked like a normal /baseline charger- as I got closer to it I saw the powerbulge hood, and when I walked up to it I saw the bee on the hood. I gave it a good lookover, we chatted about it, the Original owner tld me to give it some thought. came back the following week and talked some more, I made a offer, he told me he was offered more but liked the way I talked about the car and I could get it for a grand. Needless to say- SOLD! So as we were loading the car up on a trailer he said" wait, I have to give you the rest of the car." And promptly opened the little storage shed that was beside the car and handed out many boxes. Only thing he kept trying to tell my wife is that for me to paint it back the original color and not change it to plum crazy purple with a white top. LOL

The more I have looked at the color the more it has grown on me- and even my dad said that it wouldn't be the same if I changed the color. So back original it is- only thing I thought about changing is putting the hideaways in the front. But maybe not - I havent priced them but could be expensive.

Charger_Fan

$1,000??? You're one lucky S.O.Bee! ( ;D )
I'd get my butt over to the nearest lottery outlet, if I were you. :icon_smile_big:

Oh & welcome aboard! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Couga

ONe more thing for kicks,..
the pass rear tire thats still holding air is the original poly spare that came with the car in 71 ,..
I have got to get some tires on this thing hehe

hemi68charger

Holy-Superbee batman !!!  You made out bigtime !!!!  Congrad's to you.. Sounds like the car came to someone who will rebuild her to her former glory.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: Couga on February 14, 2006, 03:50:58 PM
ONe more thing for kicks,..
the pass rear tire thats still holding air is the original poly spare that came with the car in 71 ,..
I have got to get some tires on this thing hehe

Probably has the original air in it also!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

Don't let the air out of that tire...scientists might pay big money for it. lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Headrope

Has anyone mentioned what a steal that was?

But seriously, get as much info as you can, write it up and submit it to a magazine. Make sure to include the bit about dad backing into it. You're sure to be published (and someone will likely provide you with a quarter panel.)

What you've got is the type of thing many dream of. Congrats!
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

golden73

:o HOLY CRAP MAN!!! You really lucked out on that. Love them 71's...

TruckDriver

Quote from: Headrope on February 14, 2006, 05:02:55 PM
Has anyone mentioned what a steal that was?

But seriously, get as much info as you can, write it up and submit it to a magazine. Make sure to include the bit about dad backing into it. You're sure to be published (and someone will likely provide you with a quarter panel.)

What you've got is the type of thing many dream of. Congrats!
:iagree:

I agree. Mopar Muscle would find this a good story in the Rare Finds section :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JohnnyBee

Couga,

Welcome!

Hookup with me if you want. I run the http://www.71superbee.com and http://www.superbeeregistry.com/ web sites.

The prefix for your URL will be http://www.71superbee.com/Your_Name.

You provide me with necessary information, photos, and materials regarding your Bee. The more information you provide, the more interesting your site will be to our visitors.

You can update your site as many times as you like - there are no restrictions!

On the http://www.superbeeregistry.com/ web site, I have a swap meet section for Super Bee owners

johnny bee

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Nupe

That is such a steal and I'm SO jealous!  Congrats on the score and cool wife for telling you to turn around and look at it.   :icon_smile_cool:

I like the white top.  So how about some more pics?   :yesnod:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

chrisII

huumph  an here i figured i got a steal buying my 72 in similar(not quite as nice) shape with an abused 360 for a grand..congrats and its cool to see your puting it back to its former glory..this car will stand out much better in its factory color than in plum crazy.

Couga

Thanks everyone ,

on a side not I have a option to uy a ramcharger setup for a flat hood (so it looks like it would have the hood bubble) If I bought this would it take away from my car or should I just leave it with what I have now?
I would love to have a air grabber setup for the 383.
I just love the look of it.

TruckDriver

I have never seen a air grabber on a '71 Bee. I'd leave it the way it is.
PETE

Couga

check the 71 registry there is a few on there, i think it's beu-t-ful :)
and I will register soon  :icon_smile_big: