News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you think there's much of a market for the 4-door "almost" muscle cars?

Started by bull, January 22, 2013, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

i like the old coronet wagon. used to have one. like already said, price is a big thing. a guy  wanting a mopar that doesnt have a big bank account could buy a rusted out 2nd gen charger with no parts for 5 grand, or find a decent shaped, doesnt need a lot 4 door or wagon for the same and be cruising.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

stripedelete

They will have the same appeal as any other post war four door.  No one is breaking down the doors to get a hold of a 54 4dr (anything), but, if one comes a long on the cheap,  it would be a fun car to drive.  (with the exception of wagons)

Bobs69

Bob T

Quote from: aussiemuscle on January 26, 2013, 12:40:00 AM
"4-door 'almost' muscle cars?" It's funny because in Australia, we always had four door muscle cars. in the mid sixties, the two doors weren't very popular, but they wanted something like the mustang here (because it was going gangbusters in the usa), so Al Turner (ceo Ford Australia) decided to mustang-up the Falcon. I heard the Ford USA board said he was crazy!  :smilielol:

this is what he came up with

Agreed, and when you hear of a GTHO Phase III changing hands for over $300k , my eyes boggle  
Also  Chrysler Valiant Pacers too. "Pacer the Family Racer "  :lol:  And 4 door Holden Monaros and HQ Premiers. Actually, a mate of mine just picked up a deregistered silver 74 HQ Statesman - the oddball one with the factory 350 Chevy in it, one of 600 odd built, mainly for the South African and NZ export market. He paid 6 grand for it, no rust at all and body and brightwork in great shape, been sitting for around 20 years inside storage. Has just done the brakes and put a new cam,lifters and timing gear set set in it, runs strong now  :coolgleamA:  
Old Dog, Old Tricks.