News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cat question

Started by Ram07, January 21, 2013, 02:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ram07

I just was given a kitten, very cute, but black....offerd a Calico??? cat...this one is little different...main colour is white with all the patches..and its a male....for sure not numbers matching, but free...very cute!

Just a cute cat, but I'm told that males are rare....true?

JB400

Could you post a pic so we could try and "Spot" the cat :icon_smile_big:

charge69

What?  First you say it is a black cat then, "the main color is white" ? which is it?  Pics or it didn't happen ! :scratchchin:

Ram07

will get some when the kid is here...best i can do...

Ram07

picked up a black cat...they have another cat i can have...a calico...main colour is white...never seen one before...its a male...4 weeks old!

JB400

You've never seen a calico cat?  Calico means it has 3 colors by the  way.  I had one, it's one of my favorite cats.  Orange tabbys and silver tabbys are good ones to have as well; good mousers

nvrbdn

you just dont find male calico cats. the calico's are all female. that would be very rare.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ram07

yes. i know they are rare, but can get one...well took it..gotta wait three weeks, and the main colour is white with all the different patches on it....rare cat, huh?

ODZKing

Rare indeed. Because genetic determination of some coat colors in cats is linked to the X chromosome, calicoes are nearly always female.
Because of the genetics involved, calico males generally have impaired vitality and are almost always sterile.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calico_cat

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Darkman

That is how the real world spells it...... :nana:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Slowpoke

for example here is my tiny dulite calico Amora
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

JB400

Nice cat, but I wouldn't allow a cat where my dishes are at.  That's a big no no in my house. :nono:  There's other places for the cat, kitchen counter is not one of them.

TruckDriver

My cats are always on the counters. I grew up with it, and I'm used to it now. That's why you sterilize everything on the counter quik before you make anything. I'm not as bad as my parents were when I grew up. They would let one or two cats sit right on the kitchen table with us when we were eating :P

By the way, years ago, I had a mostly black female calico cat.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

polywideblock

arn't males prone to deafness?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

RTDaddy

Quote from: polywideblock on January 21, 2013, 09:10:04 PM
arn't males prone to deafness?

Males in ANY species are prone to deafness, especially the species humanoid marrytus.   :nana:

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH." 
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Musicman

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 21, 2013, 08:37:59 PM
I'm not as bad as my parents were when I grew up. They would let one or two cats sit right on the kitchen table with us when we were eating

My cat was taken from the wild, so he still has that natural instinct to be on the lookout at dinner time. He insist on standing guard while you eat (sitting in a chair), and insists that you stand guard while he eats. Seventeen years later, he's nearly domesticated and is not quite as insistent about it. He will sometimes overlook the disparity if you are not present through the entire meal.... but dining alone still makes him nervous, he wants to see you there when he turns to look behind him.

Ram07

The Calico cat main colour/color is white with orange/grey/black on it....won't be ready to come here for 3 more weeks. Guess the people that has him could be wrong saying he's male....they have 3 litters to give away...I'll post a pic when I get it...him/her either way, cute cat...thatnks for the info!

ODZKing

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tilar

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 21, 2013, 02:16:36 PM
you just dont find male calico cats. the calico's are all female. that would be very rare.

:yesnod:

Mom has had cats as long as I can remember with lots of them being Calico, but I've never seen a male.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

polywideblock

Quote from: Tilar on January 22, 2013, 11:46:48 AM

Mom has had cats as long as I can remember with lots of them being Calico, but I've never seen a male.
their deaf and get hit by cars :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Dino

Quote from: polywideblock on January 22, 2013, 12:14:38 PM
Quote from: Tilar on January 22, 2013, 11:46:48 AM

their deaf and get hit by cars :yesnod:

Contrary to some belief, domesticated cats should NOT go outside without a leash.  In that aspect you need to consider them the same as a dog.  It breaks my heart to see a kitty on the side of the road, could've been avoided.

I have two cats (always have more than one, they need buddy's as well) and they can roam wherever they want in the house.  We also have a wide porch door that is screened so they can enjoy the outside.  My cats were rescue's and they didn't have their front claws so they wouldn't last long out there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Bobs69

I was told that males are very rare.  And have attitudes.