News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sat morn cartoons

Started by polywideblock, January 20, 2013, 03:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

OK lets see just how old some of us are, what were your favourite  sat morn shows ?I'll start   the Herculoids,motor mouse and auto cat(Chattanooga cats ) and the   banana splits actually liked the short cartoons in both Chattanooga cats  and banana splits  and the funky phantom  .hows your memory ;D

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

mrsskip68

Road runner/coyote show, flintstones, smurfs, transformers, bugs bunny show (Love the lil chicken hawk guy!), shmoo, super friends,.....Im sure there's dozens more but these just came to me.

Now as far a kid shows, I liked Mr. Rogers, Romper Room, Electric company, captain kangaroo, new zoo review(?),.....

BigBlackDodge

hawkeye

the very first saturday mornings i can remember were mighty mouse, the lone ranger, roy rogers, and sky king.  mighty mouse was the only cartoon.

69CoronetRT

Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, HR Puffinstuff, Magilla Gorilla, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Bugs Bunny/Road Runner hour, Jetsons, Archies, The Beatles.

This will help spark your memories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_network_television_schedules_(Saturday_morning)
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

adauto

popeye (b & w version)    :eek2:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

TruckDriver

Flintstones,
Scooby Doo,
Bugs Bunny & Friends (Loony Tunes),
Pink Panther & Friends (The Inspector, Ant & The Ardvark, Texas Toads, Mr. Jaws),
Wacky Racers,
Dastardly and Muttley
Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids,
Banana Splits,
Far Out Space Nuts,
Land Of The Lost,
The Amazing Superheros,
Speed Buggy,
Speed Racer,
Chan Clan
Mighty Heroes
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mrsskip68

Good list TruckDriver!!! I watched alot of those too! I remember speedbuggy, but what was the one with the talking motorcycles? Was it Chopper and friends? Anyways that was good.

Makes me want to get these on DVD so my kids can see good cartoons! Wonder if they make them?  :scratchchin:

ODZKing

All Great Stuff!!!  How about Fireball XL5 and Supercar?
Saturday mornings and Supermarionation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifS2nP53Zs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snh1b7h2sMA

Drache

I went and downloaded all the theme songs to my favorite cartoons back when I was a kid  :2thumbs:

BraveStarr
Captain N The Game Master
Chip N' Dales Rescue Rangers
Danger Mouse
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales
GI Joe
Gummi Bears
He-Man
Inspector Gadget
Kissyfur
M.A.S.K. (coolest theme song ever)
Mighty Mouse
Smurfs
Talespin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Legend of Zelda
The Raccoons
The Wuzzles
The X-men
Thundercats
Transformers

That's all I can think of right now....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

over here roadrunner/ loony toons etc were weekday afternoons. dug HR stuff and puff(can't get a little cause he can't get enough) later in life 18-19 for a completely different reason

billfury

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 20, 2013, 03:55:06 AM
Road runner/coyote show, flintstones, smurfs, transformers, bugs bunny show (Love the lil chicken hawk guy!), shmoo, super friends,.....Im sure there's dozens more but these just came to me.

Now as far a kid shows, I liked Mr. Rogers, Romper Room, Electric company, captain kangaroo, new zoo review(?),.....

In that list of kid shows I would ad Magic Garden. I think back and say what the hell were they smoking?? I mean a chuckle patch that told stories. They were always happy and laughing and not only saw a pink squirrel, but were friends with it. I did love it.

polywideblock

any one into the  90's savage Steve Holland cartoons ,  EEK the cat,angry beavers,ren and stimpy. watched these with the kids and  liked them enough to get the DVDs  terrible thunder lizards (EEK the cat) is the funniest cartoon I've ever seen :lol:

greenpigs

Hong Kong Phooey
Wheelie & the Chopper Bunch
Godzilla (1st one)

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Cooter

"Conjuction, junction....What's your Function?"

"They're doin' push-ups in Peoria, they're joggin' in La. They're excercising in lots of crazy ways"

How bout Sat afternoon WWF Wrestling with the likes of Wahoo McDaniels, Rowdy Roddy Piper, That "Nature Boy" RicK Flair, Andre the Giant, Mean Gene, etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

polywideblock

that was in the days before the  world wildlife fund