News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moved to southern Utah

Started by CaptMarvel, January 21, 2013, 12:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptMarvel

Finally after 46 years, left the golden state for red rock country..It just didn't agree with me socially or politically anymore, had to make a change, so far seems like a great decision...anyone else around St. George? Haven't brought out the 68' yet...better do it before California hits me with a tax to do so I guess... :coolgleamA:

gers1968rt

Congratulations, I think. Why Utah, and how far did you move from your home in Cal? Do you know anyone there, and more importantly are there moparites around?
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

bull

Good move. I'd like to do the same myself. AZ, TX, ID, UT; any red state where the sun shines more than 200 days/year would be nice.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: bull on January 21, 2013, 08:19:48 AM
Good move. I'd like to do the same myself. AZ, TX, ID, UT; any red state where the sun shines more than 200 days/year would be nice.

Amen to that!  I tell the wife at least once a month "I'm ready to move".  Tired of living in IL!   :eek2:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

twodko

I'm glad for you and wish you the best! I'd love to get out of Calisuckia myself but its not that easy. Family, friends and the many nice things about NorCal specifically make it tough. The other thing is not having family or anyone you know where you want to relocate to.
Utah is gorgeous though....the only downside is Romney. :lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

Quote from: twodko on January 21, 2013, 12:53:21 PM

:confused:

Romney hasn't lived in Utah since he graduated from BYU. Unless he recently moved there.

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on January 21, 2013, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: twodko on January 21, 2013, 12:53:21 PM

:confused:

Romney hasn't lived in Utah since he graduated from BYU. Unless he recently moved there.
there a tons of Romney's all over Utah .    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

I lived in Utah for a while - although I was up north in the mountains. I'd love to spend more time in the southern part of the state. I never looked into moving there though. For the peanut gallery: I only met one Mormon family the entire time I was there. I met more than that in Arizona in a weekend. Oddly enough, they were just like everyone else. :eyes:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jar1292

I live about 30 miles from the Idaho border, its cold as sh*t the last two weeks we have not been above the 20's I keep thinking St. George sounds so lovely with there mid 50's! There are only a few of us in my town that are mopar nuts.
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Mopar Nut

Quote from: jar1292 on January 21, 2013, 03:05:01 PM
I live about 30 miles from the Idaho border, its cold as sh*t the last two weeks we have not been above the 20's I keep thinking St. George sounds so lovely with there mid 50's! There are only a few of us in my town that are mopar nuts.
I live about 35 miles from the border, have you been to Peach Days (car show)?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

jar1292

I have never been to peach days. I'm in Garland where you at?

Well Captmarvel at least there are 2 of us but we are on the other side of the state. If I remember right there is a guy from Saratoga Springs that is a member here, and the guy I bought my 70' from is on here (Ogden area). There are a few chargers around I can think of seeing about a dozen the last five years or so. we are far and few in-between.
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

skip68

Beautiful country.  I love the south western US.     :2thumbs:  What part of Ca. were you from?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: jar1292 on January 21, 2013, 04:55:51 PM
I have never been to peach days. I'm in Garland where you at?
South of the Ogden area, West of Hill Air Force base, I guess around 50 miles from the ID., UT. border. Peach days is held around Sept every year in Brigham City. Last year there was a 68 Charger, some Challengers, Super Bees. Didn't see a 69 or 70 Chargers at all. They had the cars set up in groups, Mopars, junk (Chevy's) and more junk (Fords).
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bull

In 2011 the family and I went through Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Seligman (Route 66), Hoover Dam and back to Vegas. Hotter than a mo-fo in August but we loved it. I'd love to live out that way.

Plum Crazy 68

I looked into moving to St. George Utah from California years ago.  Then I found they do some cancer research there because of the nuclear dust that fell on the place in the 50s.  Great place though and I love Zion.

C_stripes

I just moved from the Logan, Utah area a few months ago. Best move I ever made. :)

Troy, I am sure you met more than one mormon family, you just didn't know it.

I will agree that the people there have a certain... vibe or whatever about them. For the most part though, they are good people.

Utah has some awesome things, but where I lived the people kind of suck and the wages are total shit.

There are a few good mopar people there, but not as many as a lot of other places.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

70 Charger RT

Being from Alberta and when I first read your post, I didn't know what you meant by red.  I looked it up at Wikipedia.  Got it figured out now.
QuoteRed states and blue states refer to those states of the United States whose residents predominantly vote for the Republican Party (red) or Democratic Party (blue) presidential candidates.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: bull on January 21, 2013, 06:37:40 PM
In 2011 the family and I went through Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Seligman (Route 66), Hoover Dam and back to Vegas. Hotter than a mo-fo in August but we loved it. I'd love to live out that way.

I've been through all those places a number of times, love them all! Nice drive!! :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

RallyeMike

Utah: 80 mph speed limits on I-15 (more coming), lots of sun, and wonderful scenery. Hard to say no to that   :cheers:

Congrats on your escape from the officially worst run State in the union. 

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Daytona R/T SE

I'm giving some serious thought to fleeing from the hole I live in. (Illinois)

Montana is at the top of my list of possibilities...

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 23, 2013, 07:37:55 PM

you can be the new unibomber

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on January 23, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

Who says I'm not the old Uni Bomber?  :slap:

What's your address again, Stu?

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 24, 2013, 12:28:00 AM

i knew it all along  your chris kaczynski

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on January 24, 2013, 03:04:44 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 24, 2013, 12:28:00 AM

i knew it all along  your chris kaczynski

:misbehaving: :whistling:

mauve66

well, being in St. George at least your still close enough to come to Mesquite or Vegas for some Mopar time, just be careful of that Arizona sheriff that needs money for his county in between UT/NV
MATS is coming in Mar again (wish they would do it in April but i guess it would be alot of competition from shows in cali by then
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment