News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

questions about the studs on wings

Started by DoubleDlover, January 19, 2013, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

Has anyone had to remove broken studs from there bird wings? what are some of the best ways to do it? thanks

Ricomondo

I'm assuming you are referring to the studs that go down thru the 1/4, and not the bolt that holds the uprights to the stablilzer?

If it's the former; you can use an "easy out" if it's below the surface of the bottom of the upright. :shruggy:
1970 Mr. Norm's Challenger T/A

DoubleDlover

yes its the 4 that hold the stablizer to the 1/4.. A couple are sticking up 3/8 inch The others are sheered off flush. It doesnt seem like an easy out would do it. to tight. And i think that steel to aluminum elictrolisise stuff is going on

talkiemopar

When i had my daytona the studs were all sawed off on one side.I center punched the stud and drilled and tapped it.I just ran a bolt in to hold the wing on.or you could just use studs.  Rick.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

moparstuart

or weld a nut on the end of the studs , between the heat and the nuts welded on , a socket should back it out  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE