News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Plymouth Barracuda

Started by Lizey, January 19, 2013, 12:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ECS on March 17, 2014, 08:35:10 AM
Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 17, 2014, 06:38:44 AM
"real deal 1 of 1 concept car."

"We're building the "real" version of the only Concept that was ACTUALLY made in 1969."

Nowhere did I claim we were building THE "real deal 1 of 1 concept car".  We are not capable of building a "Concept Car" because we are not an Automobile manufacturing Company.  (Besides, THAT car had already been built in 1969!)  We are however building a "real" running/driving tribute to the actual Concept Car seen and written about by Roger Johnson.  If you don't like it........tough!  

By all means keep merging, twisting and/or rearranging my words in an attempt to cover up the fact that you were wrong about the protocol for how Concept cars were built.  

I for the most part haven't read the whole 22 pages, mostly just enjoying my popcorn, but 2 simple clicks to the first page here
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98383.msg1333387.html#msg1333387

and the 1st post you made on B-bodies only
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?67700-4-door-1970-concept-cuda-b-body-platform

has exact text that chargerjy9 posted. What am I missing here? Where did he twist your words?   I see however that you did add the adjective "Tribute" to your description above. Is it possible that you just failed to put that in your original post and this is all just a big misunderstanding?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ECS

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 17, 2014, 09:17:16 AM
"real deal 1 of 1 concept car."

....has exact text that chargerjy9 posted

Notice the quotation marks around the comment above.  Please show me where I ever posted those "exact" words.  I know what I meant and think that I am capable of expressing the context behind MY comments.  I've explained the premise of this project many times.  Think whatever you want!  The only "real" thing you need to know is that we are building the car, it will be built the way we want to build it and for the reasons that we deem appropriate.  I'm not too concerned whether anyone understands "why" or if they disagree with the project in general.  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

resq302

C'mon Dave.  Don't you know that YOU have to build a car that THEY want YOU to build.  Who cares if it is something that you are trying to build or recreate or tribute to whatever.  We all have to please THEM even though it is YOUR car.   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

pettybird

Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 08:05:24 AM
So now we are comparing Dave to a thief?   :rotz: 

Quote from: ECS on March 17, 2014, 08:54:57 AM
blah blah argle bargle substance in my life/kindergarten reference/important blah blah

Are you two that dense?  He's comparing the relative entertainment values of reading/participating in two threads, not the activities within.  Are you sure you don't want to start crying about how he just equivocated Dave with a T-shirt? 

Quote from: AKcharger on March 17, 2014, 07:47:50 AM
What are ya' talkin' about? this is entertainment at it's finest! right up there with the HLPAG bashing threads and the Tee shirts from the old site!

ECS

Below is the only thing we need to remember.  It's what turned this thread into a 23 page debate.  Stay tuned.......  :2thumbs:

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 06, 2014, 08:33:13 PM
IT NEVER EXISTED. PERIOD.

dyslexic teddybear

I was under the impression changing VINs was a felony. :scratchchin:

I take you[ECS] at your word that you have permission. :yesnod:

So that means.......you can get permission to commit a felony?

Wow......all of us little guys that do not have "connections" would risk fine/jail/lawyer fees/loss of car to crusher......for messing with the VIN......

And you get to just ask for permission, get it, build the car with no risk.......and then you come on here and brag about your connections......doing something none of us can do.

And you wonder why some of us are just a tiny bit annoyed?

resq302

Quote from: pettybird on March 17, 2014, 11:08:40 AM
So now we are comparing Dave to a thief?   :rotz: 

Quote from: ECS on March 17, 2014, 08:54:57 AM
blah blah argle bargle substance in my life/kindergarten reference/important blah blah

Are you two that dense?  He's comparing the relative entertainment values of reading/participating in two threads, not the activities within.  Are you sure you don't want to start crying about how he just equivocated Dave with a T-shirt? 

What are ya' talkin' about? this is entertainment at it's finest! right up there with the HLPAG bashing threads and the Tee shirts from the old site!

So you are saying that these two people in bold print are fine upstanding people and not the conniving thieves that this site made them out to be?  Sorry but when you compare two like people with a common issue against someone who is openly saying that this car is NOT the original 1 of 1 car and that it is a recreation/tribute car is a far cry from "entertainment".

People were bashing HLPAG and the old site T-shirt person because of dishonest activity.  They were not bashing the design of a t shirt or the design of a General Lee but the underlying activity.  I hardly see where there any entertainment with comparing this thread with threads about people essentially stealing money from others.

Certain people have made this thread about bashing Dave because he and his crew are doing a car that is being built as a tribute car to a concept vehicle.  Again, it might not be something you would do or prefer.  Others have an interest in it.  But I don't see the comparison with this and the other threads.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

pettybird

Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 11:39:56 AM
la la la la la

You've still jumped the shark and are taking his comment to mean that he's comparing Dave's build to the business dealings of those two individuals and not the 'armchair quarterbacking' of most of the people in the thread.  I was really, really amused by the mod-top Daytona thread...does that mean I think all Canadians are incapable of having film developed in a timely manner?  Should someone alert the prime minister?

resq302

Quote from: pettybird on March 17, 2014, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 11:39:56 AM
la la la la la

You've still jumped the shark and are taking his comment to mean that he's comparing Dave's build to the business dealings of those two individuals and not the 'armchair quarterbacking' of most of the people in the thread.  I was really, really amused by the mod-top Daytona thread...does that mean I think all Canadians are incapable of having film developed in a timely manner?  Should someone alert the prime minister?

Again, two completely separate things!
Brian

pettybird

resq302

Quote from: pettybird on March 17, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

My point exactly.

No, not exactly.  When you were referring to the mod top daytona, you listed 2 things.  Complaining about Canadians developing film in a timely manner, and, alerting the prime minister.  Two totally separate things! Your previous reply was about Dave (ECS), HLPAG, and the prior forum owner with the t-shirt fiasco.  Three people.  The site associated both HLPAG and the former site owner with questionable financial transactions.  A common link between two of the three would associate the third with the group, hence the term "guilty by association".  Dave (to my knowledge) is not planning on selling this car or building it for any monetary gain.  The only person who is probably getting money out of it is the person who is working for Dave doing the fabrication, Steve Been.  Dave has also not advertised this car as being the ORIGINAL concept car but a tribute to that car, or recreation.  Again, Dave has not misled anyone like the other two people he was compared to.

Oh and don't forget your   :popcrn:     :lol:
Brian

ECS

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 17, 2014, 11:30:08 AM

Wow......all of us little guys that do not have "connections" would risk fine/jail/lawyer fees/loss of car to crusher......for messing with the VIN......And you get to just ask for permission, get it, build the car with no risk.......and then you come on here and brag about your connections......doing something none of us can do.

Who is "changing" a VIN?  Saying we are committing a "felony" is like saying the U.S. Treasury is guilty of printing illegal money.  Yes indeed, ALL we had to do was call and ask for permission......right?  Like it or not, we did what was necessary to work with the Manufacturers and their VIN programs.  This includes Chrysler, Ford, GM, CODA, Nissan, Toyota Nueme, Jaguar, Mazda, Venturs, etc.......  

If you want to do the same, all you have to do is spend about 10 years working to gain their trust, go through 5 years of red tape with the DMV, spend over 6 figures in certification fees & Attorney costs, spend more than a year working to become PPAP OE certified, take out a $5 Million Insurance Clause with the Manufacturers as Co-riders, spend approximately $350,000 in specialized Equipment, proprietary materials and then hire a team of People to run the VIN program.  That way you won't have to be a "tiny bit annoyed" with Companies like mine!  :2thumbs:  

AKcharger

Quote from: pettybird on March 17, 2014, 11:08:40 AM
So now we are comparing Dave to a thief?   :rotz:  

Are you two that dense?  He's comparing the relative entertainment values of reading/participating in two threads, not the activities within.  Are you sure you don't want to start crying about how he just equivocated Dave with a T-shirt?  

ROFLMAO!!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol:  I really thought this thread was dying soon, it's getting better!!!!

Holy smokes you guys have hair triggers! Petty Bird is Spot on (actually everyone else seems to have understood except two people  :scratchchin:  )  It compares entertainment value   of those threads, note the absence of any linking verbs to the substance of those threads ie. dishonesty.

My posts about Ethel Merman and her 1970 4 door Challenger SHOULD have tipped off those over 8 years old how serious I take this thread  :shruggy:

AKcharger

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: ECS on March 17, 2014, 06:15:12 PM
Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 17, 2014, 11:30:08 AM

Wow......all of us little guys that do not have "connections" would risk fine/jail/lawyer fees/loss of car to crusher......for messing with the VIN......And you get to just ask for permission, get it, build the car with no risk.......and then you come on here and brag about your connections......doing something none of us can do.

Who is "changing" a VIN?  Saying we are committing a "felony" is like saying the U.S. Treasury is guilty of printing illegal money.  Yes indeed, ALL we had to do was call and ask for permission......right?  Like it or not, we did what was necessary to work with the Manufacturers and their VIN programs.  This includes Chrysler, Ford, GM, CODA, Nissan, Toyota Nueme, Jaguar, Mazda, Venturs, etc.......  

If you want to do the same, all you have to do is spend about 10 years working to gain their trust, go through 5 years of red tape with the DMV, spend over 6 figures in certification fees & Attorney costs, spend more than a year working to become PPAP OE certified, take out a $5 Million Insurance Clause with the Manufacturers as Co-riders, spend approximately $350,000 in specialized Equipment, proprietary materials and then hire a team of People to run the VIN program.  That way you won't have to be a "tiny bit annoyed" with Companies like mine!  :2thumbs:  

Again, I say WOW.

That's a lotta coin to spend to put a fake tag on your car. I would have to agree, after spending all that, you are entitled to put anything you want on your tag and install it on your car.

I don't think you are dumb......you are making money on that investment. As you should, it's your investment.

Here's the "but" part......and just my opinion.

You are using your $$$/connections to do something that is illegal for anyone else. Just because you can, does not mean you should. I don't think you are better then anyone else here.

I would be offended if it were not for the Ethel Merman connection to your 4 door Barracuda.

dyslexic teddybear

ECS

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 17, 2014, 06:51:23 PM
That's a lotta coin to spend to put a fake tag on your car.

This threads DOES get better/funnier by the minute.  You think I started a Business as a residual effect of this project and pettybird thinks he understands my scenario better than I do. 

How about we get back to the original topic and hear from those of you who still think that the 4 Door Concept barracuda never existed?  For those who say "NO" please make sure your answer is someone short and concise.  It will make it much easier to re-quote your incorrect answers when I post the proof you've been waiting for!  :2thumbs:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: ECS on March 17, 2014, 07:47:30 PM
Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 17, 2014, 06:51:23 PM
That's a lotta coin to spend to put a fake tag on your car.

This threads DOES get better/funnier by the minute. 

Total agreement. :yesnod:

Thank you. I must admit, the above is one of my better lines. I, and my friends, will continue to try to entertain as well as inform. :angel:

I'll be offline for a few days......so you may need to wait for some of the more.....interesting responses. :scratchchin:

Have a good cruise.

held1823

the only thing i give a damn about learning from this thread is resq's age. that answer should clear up any questions i have.

lump me in with those who doubt the car existed back then. something that unusual would have caught more than one pair of eyes, and surely would have been photographed at various stages of completion by whoever built it, be that chrysler or an outside firm. car guys have always been car guys, and that piece would have been talked about.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

resq302

Quote from: held1823 on March 17, 2014, 08:37:46 PM
the only thing i give a damn about learning from this thread is resq's age. that answer should clear up any questions i have.

lump me in with those who doubt the car existed back then. something that unusual would have caught more than one pair of eyes, and surely would have been photographed at various stages of completion by whoever built it, be that chrysler or an outside firm. car guys have always been car guys, and that piece would have been talked about.

Held1823,

If you are really that worried about my age, its right there in my profile.   :2thumbs:
Brian

ws23rt

Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 09:01:59 PM
Quote from: held1823 on March 17, 2014, 08:37:46 PM

Held1823,

If you are really that worried about my age, its right there in my profile.   :2thumbs:

Glad you gave the :2thumbs:----This looked like some kind of profiling comment.  What better response than your profile  :smilielol: :smilielol:

BTW age has nothing to do with wisdom. :Twocents:

OOps---edit age has little to do with wisdom.----I need my out.

dyslexic teddybear

I'm skeptical as I have stated. :scratchchin:

Car guys are car guys......they talk.......and no one from Chrysler remembers it. :rotz:

The only one remembering seeing it, is the later in life respected mailroom guy.

We must put aside skepticism for a bit and let ECS provide the promised documentation/proof.

Meanwhile :popcrn:

But I do reserve my 1st amendment right to free speech, and mock such shown documentation/proof at my discretion. :yesnod:

pettybird

Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 04:44:31 PM
Quote from: pettybird on March 17, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

My point exactly.

No, not exactly.  When you were referring to the mod top daytona, you listed 2 things.  Complaining about Canadians developing film in a timely manner, and, alerting the prime minister.  Two totally separate things! Your previous reply was about Dave (ECS), HLPAG, and the prior forum owner with the t-shirt fiasco.  Three people.  The site associated both HLPAG and the former site owner with questionable financial transactions.  A common link between two of the three would associate the third with the group, hence the term "guilty by association".  Dave (to my knowledge) is not planning on selling this car or building it for any monetary gain.  The only person who is probably getting money out of it is the person who is working for Dave doing the fabrication, Steve Been.  Dave has also not advertised this car as being the ORIGINAL concept car but a tribute to that car, or recreation.  Again, Dave has not misled anyone like the other two people he was compared to.

Oh and don't forget your   :popcrn:     :lol:

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on March 17, 2014, 07:47:30 PM

This threads DOES get better/funnier by the minute.  You think I started a Business as a residual effect of this project and pettybird thinks he understands my scenario better than I do. 

Where did this come from?  LOL

Mike DC

:Twocents:

The sum-total energy spent arguing on this thread would have finished the car already.