News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Plymouth Barracuda

Started by Lizey, January 19, 2013, 12:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 13, 2014, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: pettybird on March 13, 2014, 12:19:10 PM

was the 4 door Barracuda the second shooter on the grassy knoll?  DISPROVE THAT, SMART GUYS.

The JFK shooting occurred 5 years before the 4-door 'Cuda was first sighted by Roger Johnson at the Chrysler loading dock.  :nana:

If I provide evidence that some people throughout history didn't use or approve of the Julian calendar, that automatically makes the car-as-a-gunman theory valid.

pettybird

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 13, 2014, 11:35:38 AM
Exactly, brings to mind the DodgeCharger.com post from member "Charger Punk" when he claimed he saw in person and took pics of a 1969 ModTop Daytona...

Mike

I think a bunch of people had a grand time with the kid and his misadventures in film developing, but the real crux of the problem there was the insistence that the top was factory installed.  MCG even went so far as to suggest there was some double secret Chrysler of Canada service center which installed the tops before they hit the dealerships.

AKcharger

Perhaps a better question in this debate is :

Was it possible for an Automobile Manufacturer to have a 4 door challenger built by a "Styling Studio" or Design Department where even the Head Designer did not have ANY knowledge of a particular Concept/Prototype Car being built?
 To take it even one step further, would it be possible that even the TOP BRASS of that Automobile Company would not have known that Ethel Merman had purchased this 4 door Challenger Concept/Prototype car after it had been built...IS IT POSSIBLE
??

wingcar

I for one believe that I shall take leave of this trend before someone has a coronary (no names to be mentioned).  Some just don't get it... it's a no win situation without proof.  Smoking mirrors in the form of "other stories" don't prove (or disprove anything).  I'll believe it when someone can provide even the smallest bit of proof...but so far all I hear is....."Because so and so said so".  Sorry but that doesn't fly, and it shouldn't.    Some have said that even with proof "we" wouldn't believe it....not so.  Please prove all us jerks wrong and then I will present you with a big apologue.  And, I will even put you into my big book of Mopar heroes!   But, please stop with the "you guys don't know what you're talking about because you have no proof"....you are doing the same thing.... (It's becoming a case of he said, she said).  

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TUFCAT

Quote from: wingcar on March 13, 2014, 02:00:18 PM

I for one believe that I shall take leave of this trend before someone has a coronary (no names to be mentioned).  Some just don't get it... it's a no win situation without proof.  Smoking mirrors in the form of "other stories" don't prove (or disprove anything).  I'll believe it when someone can provide even the smallest bit of proof...but so far all I hear is....."Because so and so said so".  Sorry but that doesn't fly, and it shouldn't.    Some have said that even with proof "we" wouldn't believe it....not so.  Please prove all us jerks wrong and then I will present you with a big apologue.  And, I will even put you into my big book of Mopar heroes!   But, please stop with the "you guys don't know what you're talking about because you have no proof"....you are doing the same thing.... (It's becoming a case of he said, she said). 

:bow:

ECS

Quote from: wingcar on March 13, 2014, 02:00:18 PM
 Smoking mirrors in the form of "other stories" don't prove (or disprove anything).

Especially when it's your story that gets thumped.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ECS

Quote from: AKcharger on March 13, 2014, 01:44:22 PM

I'm sorry!  Were you talking about something different?  I must not have been paying attention to your new position because I was too busy reading this one:

Quote from: AKcharger on March 12, 2014, 11:46:35 PM
I don't care how big the organization when it come to $$$$ the Brass knows 'cause no lower element in the company  is gonna' take this kind of expense out-of-hide from their operating funds "just for fun....

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on March 13, 2014, 02:26:39 PM
Quote from: AKcharger on March 13, 2014, 01:44:22 PM

I'm sorry!  Were you talking about something different?  I must not have been paying attention to your new position because I was too busy reading this one:

I don't care how big the organization when it come to $$$$ the Brass knows 'cause no lower element in the company  is gonna' take this kind of expense out-of-hide from their operating funds "just for fun....

:ohhthesarcasm:

How long is this going to go on....?  Should I cancel all of my appointments for the rest of the week? :icon_smile_wink:  

On a more positive note... is your car going to be at Carlisle?  Or at the MCACN show this year?

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 13, 2014, 01:05:43 PM
Haven't heard from Resq302 in a while... :shruggy:  Where did he go?

Oh, I'm still here.  Tending to my sick kids, wife, and somewhere in between trying to fight off this flu like thing I caught.  I've had more important things to attend to like family vs. coming on here and arguing with you and other people about the possibility of what could have / couldn't have been done.  Bottom line is that it would be absurd to think that Chrysler would not have been doing this while the other Big 2 were.  I'm sure that they all get together and share ideas as some people might be friends with someone in Ford who is friends with someone in Chrysler, etc.  Oh wait, thats right.  That's here-say.  Something that could have been!  No absolute proof of anyone sitting down and having a beer with someone else in the form of a photo.  Even if there was, I'm sure people on here would claim it was photo shopped or something to a point of "oh, well it must have been something for the Dept of Transportation but they would NEVER have disclosed secret things like that".
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

JB400

We got to keep it up.  Cooter and Troy might catch up with us in the left lane thread :lol:

ECS

For those who may have missed it or is just joining us, below are the quotes that were given in response to the question I asked about Concept/Prototype vehicles.  Underneath those erroneous answers are the factual observations/articles given by those who were qualified to answer the question.  I just want to make sure no one gets confused by all the back peddling that is currently taking place!  :2thumbs:

"Was it possible for an Automobile Manufacturer to have things going on within a "Styling Studio" or Design Department where even the Head Designer did not have ANY knowledge of a particular Concept/Prototype Car being built?  To take it even one step further, would it be possible that even the TOP BRASS of that Automobile Company would not have known that a particular Concept/Prototype car had been built?"

Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 12, 2014, 06:38:53 PM
NO.
Quote from: JB400 on March 12, 2014, 08:53:08 PM
I don't think it's possible.  Not with the way the process works.
Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 12, 2014, 09:02:31 PM
NO, NO NO listen to me, PLEASE. NOT going to happen. Concept cars were and are being done by Design studios that the public never sees. But the corporation, only, thru Design Office, gives the go ahead for such projects. the corp would not sanction or put their name and reputation on a project that they knew nothing about. there is nothing done off site that they would back unless they had control.
Quote from: JB400 on March 12, 2014, 11:22:10 PM
Wouldn't have happened.

JB400

I just found out this merry go round went on for 18 pages on the Cuda- Challenger site. :P

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on March 13, 2014, 02:36:02 PM
Bottom line is that it would be absurd to think that Chrysler would not have been doing this while the other Big 2 were.  I'm sure that they all get together and share ideas as some people might be friends with someone in Ford who is friends with someone in Chrysler, etc.  Oh wait, thats right.  That's here-say.  Something that could have been!  No absolute proof of anyone sitting down and having a beer with someone else in the form of a photo.

Carl Cameron and I were Friends.  I visited he and Suzzane on a few occasions before he died in '06.  He even invited Cindy and I to come stay at their Summer place in Oregon a couple of times.  He designed the 66 Charger and the back tail light section of the 1970 Challenger.  He told me about his experiences with the various Designers with the other Companies and how they were all Friends.  He spoke about Larry Shinoda, John Delorian, Bob Brownlie, Jim Wangers, Herb Adams and others who worked IN THE SAME DESIGN AREAS together under the same roof.  They went lunch together and shared many ideas.  I guess my account of our conversations should never be re-told because I didn't have a movie camera documenting the content of what we discussed.  

ECS

Quote from: JB400 on March 13, 2014, 02:43:40 PM
I just found out this merry go round went on for 18 pages on the Cuda- Challenger site. :P

Other than just ONE little insignificant - jealous trouble maker, the content of that thread was almost all photos of the work and people asking civilized questions.

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on March 13, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 13, 2014, 02:36:02 PM
Bottom line is that it would be absurd to think that Chrysler would not have been doing this while the other Big 2 were.  I'm sure that they all get together and share ideas as some people might be friends with someone in Ford who is friends with someone in Chrysler, etc.  Oh wait, thats right.  That's here-say.  Something that could have been!  No absolute proof of anyone sitting down and having a beer with someone else in the form of a photo.

Carl Cameron and I were Friends.  I visited he and Suzzane on a few occasions before he died in '06.  He even invited Cindy and I to come stay at their Summer place in Oregon a couple of times.  He designed the 66 Charger and the back end section of the 1970 Challenger.  He told me about his experiences with the various Designers with the other Companies and how they were all Friends.  He spoke about Larry Shinoda, John Delorian, Bob Brownlie, Jim Wangers, Herb Adams and others who worked IN THE SAME DESIGN AREAS together under the same roof.  They went lunch together and shared many ideas.  I guess my account of our conversations should never be re-told because I didn't have a movie camera documenting the content of what we discussed.   

Bill Brownlie.   If you are going to name drop, get it right.

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on March 13, 2014, 02:56:47 PM

Other than just ONE little insignificant - jealous trouble maker, the content of that thread was almost all photos of the work and people asking civilized questions.

Actually, looks like they removed a LOT of posts.   Alan Gallant looks like he is talking to himself.  

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 13, 2014, 02:59:02 PM
Actually, looks like they removed a LOT of posts.

I removed them.

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 13, 2014, 02:58:12 PM
Bill Brownlie.   If you are going to name drop, get it right.

I didn't know "Bill" or anything about him.  He was one of the guys mentioned by Carl.  I think his counter part was Glen White with Plymouth.  :2thumbs:

Aero426

When Brownlie passed, there was a heck of an estate sale of Chrysler concept car materials at his home.

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/more-items-from-bill-brownlie-s-estate#slide=10

TUFCAT

Did you skip over my question about whether or not the 'Cuda would be ready for its national debut at the November MCACN show or even the Carlisle show this summer?  I'm assuming It will be.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on March 13, 2014, 03:01:50 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 13, 2014, 02:59:02 PM
Actually, looks like they removed a LOT of posts.

I removed them.

Does anyone have a link (or background) as to what the heck you guys are talking about?  :scratchchin:

JB400

Here you go Tuffy :cheers:  It's not the first page, but the one I'm currently reading
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=85677.45

Now I understand why you quote everything :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Correct sir  :2thumbs:  To eliminate this problem.....

Quote from: ECS on March 13, 2014, 03:01:50 PM

I removed them.

odcics2

Quote from: ECS on March 13, 2014, 11:46:59 AM
Take a look at the quotes below where people said that there was NO WAY the following scenario could take place to the question I asked.  They lost all credibility when they POSITIVELY said it could never happen!   Here are their quotes again for those who missed it and the PROOF that shows otherwise.

"Was it possible for an Automobile Manufacturer to have things going on within a "Styling Studio" or Design Department where even the Head Designer did not have ANY knowledge of a particular Concept/Prototype Car being built?  To take it even one step further, would it be possible that even the TOP BRASS of that Automobile Company would not have known that a particular Concept/Prototype car had been built?"

Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 12, 2014, 06:38:53 PM
NO.
Quote from: JB400 on March 12, 2014, 08:53:08 PM
I don't think it's possible.  Not with the way the process works.
Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 12, 2014, 09:02:31 PM
NO, NO NO listen to me, PLEASE. NOT going to happen. Concept cars were and are being done by Design studios that the public never sees. But the corporation, only, thru Design Office, gives the go ahead for such projects. the corp would not sanction or put their name and reputation on a project that they knew nothing about. there is nothing done off site that they would back unless they had control.
Quote from: JB400 on March 12, 2014, 11:22:10 PM
Wouldn't have happened.

Just post the vintage pics of the 4 door Barracuda, like these vintage GM pics, and everyone will have to shut up.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ECS

Quote from: odcics2 on March 13, 2014, 03:57:33 PM
Just post the vintage pics of the 4 door Barracuda, like these vintage GM pics, and everyone will have to shut up.

Even that won't stop it either! :lol:  And I will prove that point to you fairly soon.  :2thumbs: