News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Plymouth Barracuda

Started by Lizey, January 19, 2013, 12:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I don't think it's possible.  Not with the way the process works.

Are you going to write me a check? :popcrn:  One that won't break or bounce if I drop it :popcrn: :popcrn:

chargerjy9

"Was it possibly for an Automobile Manufacturer to have things going on within a "Styling Studio" or Design Department where even the Head Designer did not have ANY knowledge of a particular Concept/Prototype Car being built?  To take it even one step further, would it be possible that even the TOP BRASS of that Automobile Company would not have known that a particular Concept car had been built?"

"Thanks for your reply.  If such a situation did exist with one of the "Big 3" Automobile Manufacturers, wouldn't that prove that there COULD have been Concept Cars built that may have slipped through the cracks and never exposed to the masses?  Many of these Concept Cars were suppose to be confidential so you wouldn't expect that they were highly publicized or talked about.  Isn't it a possibility that there might be a few Concept/Prototype cars that were built but even the Design Studio Guys didn't know anything about them?"

NO, NO NO listen to me, PLEASE. NOT going to happen. Concept cars were and are being done by Design studios that the public never sees. But the corporation, only, thru Design Office, gives the go ahead for such projects. the corp would not sanction or put their name and reputation on a project that they knew nothing about. there is nothing done off site that they would back unless they had control.
OBTW
the AMC photo on this forum topic is NOT a 4 door Javelin, but rather a senior car that never made it past fiberglas prototype stage.
The Barracuda SX that is mentioned here, the photo is an artist rendering. I found photos on line of that property from an old Auto Show. that car was strictly a fiberglas mock up, never went anywhere.
The 4 door Corvette photo listed here is a private car that was done by some guy so he could put his 3 grandkids in the car all at once. I saw the car 10 years ago. look at the license plate. It is of modern design.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

ws23rt

Hey ECS---The questions you are asking are clearly rhetorical. And it seems clear that what you want is some sort of submission to your position on this issue.

Is it your position that you will continue with this until there is submission?  I am just a bystander and am amused by all this but from where I sit you are backing yourself into a corner :smilielol:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ws23rt on March 12, 2014, 09:33:31 PM
Hey ECS---The questions you are asking are clearly rhetorical. And it seems clear that what you want is some sort of submission to your position on this issue.

Is it your position that you will continue with this until there is submission?  I am just a bystander and am amused by all this but from where I sit you are backing yourself into a corner :smilielol:
:popcrn:

ECS

Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 12, 2014, 09:02:31 PM
NO, NO NO listen to me, PLEASE. NOT going to happen. Concept cars were and are being done by Design studios that the public never sees. But the corporation, only, thru Design Office, gives the go ahead for such projects. the corp would not sanction or put their name and reputation on a project that they knew nothing about. there is nothing done off site that they would back unless they had control.

Everyone always talks about how bad the Assembly Plants were (not just Chrysler) with their quality control so I thought that it MIGHT be possible that a running, driving Concept/Prototype COULD have been slipped out the back with no one knowing about it.  :shruggy:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ECS

.......from where I sit you are backing yourself into a corner :smilielol:

Ya think?  ;)  :2thumbs:  :lol:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 09:36:08 PM

Everyone always talks about how bad the Assembly Plants were (not just Chrysler) with their quality control so I thought that it MIGHT be possible that a running, driving Concept/Prototype COULD have been slipped out the back with no one knowing about it.  :shruggy:

SHIRLEY you can't be serious....

ws23rt

Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 09:38:03 PM
.......from where I sit you are backing yourself into a corner :smilielol:

Ya think?  ;)  :2thumbs:  :lol:

BTW---I am very impressed with what you are doing with your project :2thumbs:--Craftsmanship it tops :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 09:38:17 PM

Come on Tufcat!  You don't think that maybe.....just MAYBE a Concept/Prototype could have been built without just a couple of people knowing about it?

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 09:38:17 PM
Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 09:36:08 PM

Everyone always talks about how bad the Assembly Plant was with their quality control so I thought that it MIGHT be possible that a running, driving Concept/Prototype COULD have been slipped out the back with no one knowing about it.  :shruggy:

I am and please dont call me Shirley
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on March 12, 2014, 09:41:56 PM
BTW---I am very impressed with what you are doing with your project :2thumbs:--Craftsmanship it tops :2thumbs:

Thank you very much!   :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

Come on Tufcat!  You don't think that maybe.....just MAYBE a Concept/Prototype could have been built without just a couple of people knowing about it?

Where are you going with this?  I was happy yesterday when we sang Kumbaya by the fire, roasted marshmallows, fist bumped, and went to bed like happy campers.

resq302

Dave,

I have just one question.  Are you going to be building this as badly as what Chrysler would have?  Lets face it, our GTX was missing the upper fender stud and nut on the driver side and my charger was missing the wire harness holders on the firewall.   Quality control at its best!   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

Quote from: resq302 on March 12, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
Dave,

I have just one question.  Are you going to be building this as badly as what Chrysler would have?  Lets face it, our GTX was missing the upper fender stud and nut on the driver side and my charger was missing the wire harness holders on the firewall.   Quality control at its best!   :smilielol:

Resq302, just tend to the rabbits and leave George alone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1ntut34Yc

ws23rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 09:47:23 PM
Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

Come on Tufcat!  You don't think that maybe.....just MAYBE a Concept/Prototype could have been built without just a couple of people knowing about it?

Where are you going with this?  I was happy yesterday when we sang Kumbaya by the fire, roasted marshmallows, fist bumped, and went to bed like happy campers.

He didn't answer my question about needing submission  :shruggy:  His demand requires that a submission not be granted as a matter of principal INMO. :2thumbs:

DAY CLONA

The 4 door Corvette photo listed here is a private car that was done by some guy so he could put his 3 grandkids in the car all at once. I saw the car 10 years ago. look at the license plate. It is of modern design.
[/quote]

The 4 dr Vettes (5 built in 1978) were sanctioned by GM, and outsourced to a private coach builder for "market testing" the viability of a 4dr Vette, 2 cars were used to produce each example, a handful were also produced in 1980....as well as a lot of independent builds by shops and individuals over the years

1978 vintage debut photo below....no grandkids in sight :icon_smile_big:

ECS

We're still good Brother Tufcat!  I'm just trying to find ANYONE who will agree with me.  I feel like the Maytag repair Man on this one!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJ0rAyE_mQ

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 09:59:32 PM
Dave,

I have just one question.  Are you going to be building this as badly as what Chrysler would have?  Lets face it, our GTX was missing the upper fender stud and nut on the driver side and my charger was missing the wire harness holders on the firewall.   Quality control at its best!   :smilielol:

i prefer this version          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 10:08:29 PM

We're still good Brother Tufcat!  I'm just trying to find ANYONE who will agree with me.  I feel like the Maytag repair Man on this one!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJ0rAyE_mQ

:icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparstuart on March 12, 2014, 10:09:36 PM

i prefer this version          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

You may have been late to the party, but you brought one HELL of a bottle of wine!  LMAO  :rofl:

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 09:59:32 PM
Dave,

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 10:11:46 PM

i prefer this version          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

You may have been late to the party, but you brought one HELL of a bottle of wine!  LMAO  :rofl:

Careful, I might just be as gentle as Lenny, too!   :coolgleamA:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 10:11:46 PM

i prefer this version          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

You may have been late to the party, but you brought one HELL of a bottle of wine!  LMAO  :rofl:

And here I thought you didn't drink.   :cheers:
Brian

ECS

Where are you going with this?

I believe in poker (I don't actually play) you ask everyone if they are "all in" before you show your cards!  Isn't that how it works?  :lol:

ECS

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 12, 2014, 10:05:50 PM
The 4 dr Vettes (5 built in 1978) were sanctioned by GM, and outsourced to a private coach builder for "market testing" the viability of a 4dr Vette, 2 cars were used to produce each example, a handful were also produced in 1980....as well as a lot of independent builds by shops and individuals over the years
1978 vintage debut photo below....no grandkids in sight :icon_smile_big:

Hi Mike!  It doesn't matter what you show, it means nothing!  Some of these guys remind me of a 1960's Sheriff I heard about who lived in a small bigoted town in Mississippi.  He received a call about a Body they had pulled from the river.  When he got to the scene they told him the Person was a Black Man.  His hands were tied behind his back, his legs were shacked and he was duct taped from head to toe.  When the Coroner asked the bigot Sheriff what he wanted him to list as the cause of death he said, "This has to be the clearest case of suicide I've ever seen!"

JB400

Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2014, 10:23:44 PM
Where are you going with this?

I believe in poker (I don't actually play) you ask everyone if they are "all in" before you show your cards!  Isn't that how it works?  :lol:
Maybe, you should stick with old maid