News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New here with questions

Started by drksuroo, January 17, 2013, 10:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drksuroo

I just joined hoping I could get some assistance. I have a Daytona that was my father's.  Unfortunately he passed away in October. We have owned the car since 1977 and it is mostly original but has been repainted. Unfortunately mice got to the headliner above the visors. I purchased a headliner some years ago from Year One and would like to have it installed. I believe it would be best to remove the glass but am nervous about doing so. Thoughts? Anyone know of someone that could do this preferably in the Midwest. Sorry for the long post. Thanks! 

moparstuart

cool any pictures ?  color combo ? engine tranny combo ?  what part of the midwest   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

drksuroo

Here's a pic.  Car should be hemi orange. 440 auto. Have the build sheet. Your part of the world, Kansas!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A383Wing

I think Stu is gonna go on a road trip..with lots of popcorn

Bryan

JB400

moparstuart

Quote from: drksuroo on January 17, 2013, 11:18:47 PM
Here's a pic.  Car should be hemi orange. 440 auto. Have the build sheet. Your part of the world, Kansas!

very cool if your close i would love to see the car ,  as far as someone to work on the headliner im asking around i'll see what i can find

rnjump

I was told by a body shop friend that the original mastic used to set the glass is easiest to cut with no mishaps. The second time around it gets more difficult with newer glue.  Any body or interior guys agree?   Very cool car by the way.

Dave Kanofsky

Thanks for joining us!  That is a sweet car!

I am sorry for your loss of your father.

I am in the Chicago area and know of a few places that could do the work.  Headliners are a pain to put in, which is why you see so many ads with people advertising that a new headliner in a box comes with the car.

And I am sure you know, that back glass and trim are made from "unobtanium".

Why do mice love the headliner above the visors so much?  Wouldn't the package tray area be much easier to get to?

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1970Moparmann

Nice car!  Welcome to the site.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: moparstuart on January 18, 2013, 07:46:38 AM
Quote from: drksuroo on January 17, 2013, 11:18:47 PM

very cool if your close i would love to see the car ,  as far as someone to work on the headliner im asking around i'll see what i can find

Careful, might draw a crowd, can I come?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:

If your story is true, it is a tough time, mine where not that many yrs ago, my condolenses to you and your family.  FWIW to jump on the band wagon, my $0.10 is unless you are not a car person at all, I would keep that car as it is likely kinda a family member after all those yrs and not get lured by feeding sharks, just say twice the market price if they have to hear a number, that usually shuts down most.  Start going to Charger shows....   :Twocents:

moparstuart

Dean Stallbaumer   centralia ks , has done several wing car restorations and does the headliners him self
top notch work .  
1-785-857-3336. :Twocents: :2thumbs:

p.s.   your car isnt the one i saw in chanute  two years ago at the dealership show there is it ?? while on the kansas mopar cruise . ???

drksuroo

That would be it.  Thank you for the information.  I would be happy to show people the car.  It is not for sale and won't be anytime soon.

moparstuart

Quote from: drksuroo on January 18, 2013, 09:27:09 AM
That would be it.  Thank you for the information.  I would be happy to show people the car.  It is not for sale and won't be anytime soon.
Dean's Body Shop

614 Mulberry Street

Centralia, Kansas 66415

Phone: 1-785-857-3337

E-mail: Pantherette_man@Yahoo.com

http://www.deansbodyshop.com/

moparstuart

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,80947.0.html   
  a couple pictures i took of the car in this thread

that day in chanute

drksuroo

I remember dad telling me about your car.  Was Jim Sams from Tulsa there? He is a friend of mine!  Also would you happen to know Wayne Perkins number he is a friend of my Dad's and I need to give him a call.  Thanks.

moparstuart

Quote from: drksuroo on January 18, 2013, 09:45:52 AM
I remember dad telling me about your car.  Was Jim Sams from Tulsa there? He is a friend of mine!  Also would you happen to know Wayne Perkins number he is a friend of my Dad's and I need to give him a call.  Thanks.
yes i will give you wayne email address , or i will also see him tomorrow is you want me to pass anything along to him 

yes wayne told me he ran into your dad at show when we were in chanute 

wayne Perkins(farmboy36b@comcast.net

drksuroo

We just weren't sure if Wayne knew dad had passed. I was going to let him know.

moparstuart

Quote from: drksuroo on January 18, 2013, 11:10:07 AM
We just weren't sure if Wayne knew dad had passed. I was going to let him know.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:   ok i wont say anything and let you pass on that info

Mopar John

Welcome to the site! I hope the Daytona stays in your family for a long time!
MJ

nvrbdn

welcome to the show. nice car  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

WINGIN IT

Welcome to one of the best boards there are out there, and condolences on your loss.
Regarding replacing the headliner, having just done this for the first time on my Dart, it is a pain, but is removing the windshield really necessary?  I didn't need to.  And I wouldn't want to mess with the original glass.

:Twocents:

472 R/T SE

Mr. drksuroo, so what part of the sunflower state do you reside?  I was born in Wichita @ an unwed Mothers' home & lived back in Hays where family still is up until around '92.

I was in the Wheels-n-Spokes museum so many times it's embarrassing.   Simply because I had a Mopar & everything, I just didn't realize how important/special all those old Mopes were.  When I finally did & we were back there, WnS was one of the 1st places we went only to see it had been leveled & a new motel was there.   :shruggy:

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on January 18, 2013, 08:40:06 AM

Why do mice love the headliner above the visors so much?  Wouldn't the package tray area be much easier to get to?

I don't know if you're serious or not but the visor makes a nice little island for them & for whatever reason they feel safe being 3 or so feet off the ground.

That's one of the 1st things I check when looking at cars.  Plop the visors down real quick to see if there might be a bigger problem.

Regardless of how long a car of mine will sit, the 1st thing I do is fold out the visors.  Towels or foam in the vents too.

Gosh, there's nothing worse when turning the heat on & smelling mouse.   :RantExplode:

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.   :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Glass does not have to be removed to install headliner. That's a Ford thing.
I suggest buying a premium headliner from Legendary. The one that you bought from YearOne is incorrect.
Welcome to the forum.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

remta1

..yep , not necessary to remove any windows do the  headliner...easier to do if you take the front seats out though ....saves you straining you back etc

drksuroo

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 18, 2013, 11:49:07 PM
Mr. drksuroo, so what part of the sunflower state do you reside?  I was born in Wichita @ an unwed Mothers' home & lived back in Hays where family still is up until around '92.

I was in the Wheels-n-Spokes museum so many times it's embarrassing.   Simply because I had a Mopar & everything, I just didn't realize how important/special all those old Mopes were.  When I finally did & we were back there, WnS was one of the 1st places we went only to see it had been leveled & a new motel was

I am originally from Chanute but now live in Broken Arrow,Ok. I too remember the museum and stopping there on the way to Colorado with Dad. I saw a thread on here about a purple Daytona and I remember seeing it there. Always looked for the place going through there.

hotrod- thanks for the advice.  I'm assuming legendary auto interiors is who you are taking about. I looked there and was wondering if I would want the Pembrook headliner vs the perforated?