News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pinks all out

Started by polywideblock, January 17, 2013, 04:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

hi just watching some reruns of pinks all out. question why do the mopars ALWAYS loose? last ep i watched a 496 duster got eaten by a mustang 2 with a small block Chev in it :eek2: i thought  that we had the best enginered cars

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

greenpigs

A lot depends on driver ability.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Cooter

Alot depends on Money spent and how well too..It don't take too much to get a SBC ina Fox Body DEEP in the 9's today..Takes quite a bit to get a 3800 LB B-dy in the 9's....

We got one here with a blue Duster and 496 Low deck stroker that got put down by a Fox Body on PINKS. Never hears the end of it. I told him before he went, "Well, if you win, you'll Definately hear bout it, but if you lose, you'll NEVER hear the end of it."
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

rt green

i watched one and there was 2 mopars in the field and they ran those two against each other early on. i was pissed
third string oil changer

The70RT

A Charger won it all once. I also seen at least another mopar win it all
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

polywideblock

Quote from: Cooter on January 17, 2013, 07:39:24 AM
Alot depends on Money spent and how well too..It don't take too much to get a SBC ina Fox Body DEEP in the 9's today..Takes quite a bit to get a 3800 LB B-dy in the 9's....

We got one here with a blue Duster and 496 Low deck stroker that got put down by a Fox Body on PINKS. Never hears the end of it. I told him before he went, "Well, if you win, you'll Definately hear bout it, but if you lose, you'll NEVER hear the end of it."
not wanting to sound like a dumb ass but what is a fox body :shruggy:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

Ever seen a LS1 powered Fox body??? I know a guy with a 86 Notchback and man is it wicked. eat just about anything for lunch including some exotics.

nvrbdn

i met the guy with the 1st gen flag paint job at monster mopar a few years ago. that was a nice car. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

F8-4life

I remember the one were the egomaniac host jumps on a crotch rocket and totally eats it! best episode

Indygenerallee

rt green

i remember that. and trying to still look cool after.
third string oil changer

polywideblock

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 17, 2013, 12:37:05 PM
Ever seen a LS1 powered Fox body??? I know a guy with a 86 Notchback and man is it wicked. eat just about anything for lunch including some exotics.
so its OK to put a Chev in a Ford? :eek2: what about brand loyalty? if some one did that over here they'd be run out of town ,very Ford/Holden(gm) biased if you like one have to hate the other

Cooter

Quote from: polywideblock on January 19, 2013, 01:41:29 AM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 17, 2013, 12:37:05 PM
so its OK to put a Chev in a Ford? :eek2: what about brand loyalty? if some one did that over here they'd be run out of town ,very Ford/Holden(gm) biased if you like one have to hate the other

When this is done, it ain't got NOTHING to do with brand loyalty, it has everything to do with going FAST, with a cheap body and crushing your competition with a lethal combo.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger_fan_4ever

LS1 swaps in a mustang i get. Port the stock ls1 heads along with a cam and long tube headers your deep 11's for fairly cheap. I don't get guys putting a straight 350 in a mustang. It still needs to be built to get some compression and heads/cam/intake to go fast. You can build a 347 with H/C/I for the same $$. The SDF engine is lighter and less rotating mass ie faster acceleration.

Brutalowner

[/quote]

When this is done, it ain't got NOTHING to do with brand loyalty, it has everything to do with going FAST, with a cheap body and crushing your competition with a lethal combo.
[/quote]

A little like top fuel funny cars....Run a HEMI in it to be the baddest on the planet!! Force loves to pimp his "Ford", I wonder why he never thanks Mopar? Ha,ha!
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

Cooter

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on January 19, 2013, 12:40:01 PM
LS1 swaps in a mustang i get. Port the stock ls1 heads along with a cam and long tube headers your deep 11's for fairly cheap. I don't get guys putting a straight 350 in a mustang. It still needs to be built to get some compression and heads/cam/intake to go fast. You can build a 347 with H/C/I for the same $$. The SDF engine is lighter and less rotating mass ie faster acceleration.

The 350 SBC was being done LONG before the LS swaps. Therefore, there are ALOT of Fox Bodies with the SBC still in 'em and hasn't been "Upgraded" to later LS engine platform. All about CHEAP using Chebby parts in a throwaway Fox Body. Now, you wanna go fast in style and spend some HUGE bucks, build A 2nd gen. Hemi anything and try to compete.

Cooter

Quote from: Brutalowner on January 19, 2013, 12:43:05 PM

A little like top fuel funny cars....Run a HEMI in it to be the baddest on the planet!! Force loves to pimp his "Ford", I wonder why he never thanks Mopar? Ha,ha!
Force I think refers to his ride as "The hot rod".
Just for the record: The Top Fuel engines are far from a 2nd Gen. STREET Hemi.(Last I checked, they cost about $250K-$350K, and last only one pass, Run a 2 1/2" Fuel line, and burn something like 5 gallons in 1/4 mile.)...Kieth Black racing engines can't be driven on the street very easily, or econonmically. I have a friend who tried this very thing.
So, The old "mopar" Standby of "All Top Fuel Engines today, are Chrysler Hemi Engines" is only true if you discount the fact that basic engine structure is about the only thing "Real Mopar" about 'em. NONE can be driven on the street, and furthermore, even FORD and CHEVY have "Hemi" based engines..Then and now. We are Referring to PRODUCTION based engines and going fast with the fox body/ LS engine set up. I am however waiting for someone to do the Later Hemi/Fox body set up and turn up the heat on the LS boys a little.

Brutalowner

Quote from: Cooter on January 19, 2013, 12:50:12 PM
Quote from: Brutalowner on January 19, 2013, 12:43:05 PM

Force I think refers to his ride as "The hot rod".
Just for the record: The Top Fuel engines are far from a 2nd Gen. STREET Hemi.(Last I checked, they cost about $250K-$350K, and last only one pass, Run a 2 1/2" Fuel line, and burn something like 5 gallons in 1/4 mile.)...Kieth Black racing engines can't be driven on the street very easily, or econonmically. I have a friend who tried this very thing.
So, The old "mopar" Standby of "All Top Fuel Engines today, are Chrysler Hemi Engines" is only true if you discount the fact that basic engine structure is about the only thing "Real Mopar" about 'em. NONE can be driven on the street, and furthermore, even FORD and CHEVY have "Hemi" based engines..Then and now. We are Referring to PRODUCTION based engines and going fast with the fox body/ LS engine set up. I am however waiting for someone to do the Later Hemi/Fox body set up and turn up the heat on the LS boys a little.
Yeah, when you get down to the details, there is a similarity to the second gen Hemi, but that's about it. I just get a kick seeing the plug wires sticking in the valvecovers and the distributors poking out at the same familiar angle.
  I agree with the notion that somebody needs to stuff a Gen III into a Sheeple car... The latest Hemi is no slouch. We built a stroked version last year with a blower on it and made 780hp/750tq at the wheels, on C16. I think it made 710ish on pump gas. Too bad the Chally weighed 4400+lbs. Lots of potential left in them.
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 RC 440 4spd

Ghoste

I think anyone with half a brain knows a Fuel Hemi and a Chrysler built Street Hemi are pretty far removed from each other.  At the same time though, had Chrysler not did the 1st or 2nd gen Hemi would the Top Fuel version have come about?  As Chrysler fans I think its okay for us to point at the Fuel engine and thump our chests a little bit.  You can damned sure bet if it had been a Chevy derivative the bowtie bunch would never let the world forget it for a second.  Stand up and be proud. :2thumbs:

Brutalowner

69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 RC 440 4spd