News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chubb or Hagerty?

Started by verticalflight, January 16, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verticalflight

Any opinions?

The thing is I got online quotes from both - Chubb wants $1.5k premium per year and Hagerty $4k. A pretty big spread.

I bet you guys have some thoughts on this...

Best,
Kris

stripedelete

bobs66440

Quote from: stripedelete on January 16, 2013, 06:04:24 PM
For what?
$4K premium??? What are you insuring? A Gold plated Duesenberg??  :eek2:

DadsCharger00

moparstuart

Quote from: verticalflight on January 16, 2013, 05:05:04 PM
Any opinions?

The thing is I got online quotes from both - Chubb wants $1.5k premium per year and Hagerty $4k. A pretty big spread.

Best,
Kris
Be careful with chubb they quoted me just a month ago  and then cancelled me because my kid had an accident 2 years ago , he is now 21 , not living in the house  and not on my insurance for over  a year .  No one else drives my cars and I was the only one on  the policy , but they said they could not insure me because someone at some time in my house hold had an accident
   So they are cheap but flakey for sure .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bobs66440

I use Hagerty for collector car insurance and they are great. But the premium is in the low hundreds, not thousands... :shruggy:

RIDELIKEHELL

Wow! Hagerty goes by agreed value based on your appraisal so you have some major $ in that car but I would protect yourself. I have Hagerty and pay $61 a month but my car has an agreed value of 83K. I have no input on Chubb
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Adam Boca

All, first post of what I hope are many posts on this forum!

A friend who is a Corvette and Mopar guy forwarded me this thread and said I should check it out.  I run a collector car insurance agency in the National Corvette Museum.  We only write collector cars/Corvettes/modern muscle/kit cars.  We don't offer any other coverage, and honestly don't want your other coverage like some of our competitors do.

We are owned/operated by the National Corvette Museum, which is non-profit.  100% of the proceeds go back to support the Museum and our mission.  I am not commission based.

We write Agreed Value coverage, have an option to drive your car to work up to a couple days a week, have mileage and some deductible options.  If you have a claim you work with car guys and you can take it to the shop of your choice.  Our rates are well below our competitors as we don't fork out the kind of money they do for advertising. 

Check us out at www.ncminsurance.com or give us a call at 877.678.7626.

I appologize in advance if this commercial post is against forum rules.  I read the TOS and didnt see anything prohibiting it.

Thanks and I hope to be able to work with you all.

Adam Boca
adam@corvettemuseum.org
National Corvette Museum Insurance Agency
www.ncminsurance.com

moparstuart

my birdible's insurance  is coming up for renewal with american collectors  would love to get a quote

Adam Boca

Awesome Stuart!

Give us a call and let's see if we can throw something together!  Would be cool to insure a birdible!  :2thumbs: :drool5:

brigond

This is the insurance that I've been using with for nearly 20 years . I'm about to add on a charger I just bought for an agreed value or $20000. Estimate was for aprox $250 per year.

Condon and skelly are the agents for the company called (Ironshore ). I've been happy with them . 1800-257-9496
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

Hard Charger

make sure you specify "collector car insurance". there are restrictions but nothing major.

i have a agreed value of 25K on one car and 15k on the other and the bill is less than $550 a year. i have Grundy thru a local agent.

johnnyseville

I have used Hagerty since the early 90's.  Never had a claim, knock wood, but know of others that have and they got paid without a hassle.  The agreed value policy is the way to go, no arguments on valuation.  I raise mine periodically to keep up with current values.  They have been very reasonable as far as rates, so I do not know what you have  as the value, must be over 1 million, since I only pay $2500 for 3 cars with an agreed value of just over 500K total. Not looking to switch for now.
too many to list!

Brass

Hagerty is not a mileage Nazi and seems very reasonable.  Chubb, on the other hand, can be a real bitch to deal with and one of the slowest to pay out claims.  I've had to deal with them in other insurance-related matters. 

The70RT

Quote from: verticalflight on January 16, 2013, 05:05:04 PM
Any opinions?

Best,
Kris

So you are insuring a collector airplane?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Yea, $4k is nuts. I have Hagerty and pay just under $200/year for a 68 Charger valued at $35k I believe, It's $35k or $40k, can't remember right now.

Dino

Quote from: bull on January 18, 2013, 01:04:43 PM
Yea, $4k is nuts. I have Hagerty and pay just under $200/year for a 68 Charger valued at $35k I believe, It's $35k or $40k, can't remember right now.

Dang that's good!  We're stuck with no fault here.  I pay closer to $300/year and the Charger is only valued at $20K.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparstuart

Quote from: Adam Boca on January 17, 2013, 01:52:26 PM
All, first post of what I hope are many posts on this forum!

A friend who is a Corvette and Mopar guy forwarded me this thread and said I should check it out.  I run a collector car insurance agency in the National Corvette Museum.  We only write collector cars/Corvettes/modern muscle/kit cars.  We don't offer any other coverage, and honestly don't want your other coverage like some of our competitors do.

We are owned/operated by the National Corvette Museum, which is non-profit.  100% of the proceeds go back to support the Museum and our mission.  I am not commission based.

We write Agreed Value coverage, have an option to drive your car to work up to a couple days a week, have mileage and some deductible options.  If you have a claim you work with car guys and you can take it to the shop of your choice.  Our rates are well below our competitors as we don't fork out the kind of money they do for advertising.  

Check us out at www.ncminsurance.com or give us a call at 877.678.7626.

I appologize in advance if this commercial post is against forum rules.  I read the TOS and didnt see anything prohibiting it.

Thanks and I hope to be able to work with you all.

Adam Boca
adam@corvettemuseum.org
National Corvette Museum Insurance Agency
www.ncminsurance.com
You guys really should call adam he just saved me about 200.00  bucks a year between the Superbird and the 31 nash   :Twocents: :Twocents:     333.00 a year now for 55 k on the birdible and 15k on the nash

Its insured through American Modern who i actually had before , they insured my 69 runner that just got shipped off to germany late last year .

Adam Boca

Quote from: moparstuart on January 18, 2013, 02:40:07 PM
You guys really should call adam he just saved me about 200.00  bucks a year between the Superbird and the 31 nash   :Twocents: :Twocents:     333.00 a year now for 55 k on the birdible and 15k on the nash

Its insured through American Modern who i actually had before , they insured my 69 runner that just got shipped off to germany late last year .

Awesome!!  Thanks Stuart for the email, this post and most importantly the opportunity.

I hope to work with you and others here.

BTW:  I will be out of the office all next week to a car show in FL.  Bobbie Jo Lee, Customer Service Rep and Quoting Machine, can help in my absence.

Thanks!

Adam Boca
www.ncminsurance.com