News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6 pack help

Started by polywideblock, December 21, 2012, 09:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

hi, all you 6 pack experts please take a look at pic and tell me whats right/wrong with it. i think center carb bowl is wrong, does not have vent or linkage  also have read Larry Shepard's 6 pack book cover to cover but no mention of fast idle solenoid .I've got the brand new replacement part but were do i hook wire up to when converting  from 4 bbl? any tuning tips?going on basically stock 440 with comp cams 268ah-10 cam kit instaled thanks Phil[img]$(KGrHqNHJFIFCNeSyN9OBQl2D32CWw~~60_3[img]

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

polywideblock

pic won't come out? dam

JB400

Quote from: polywideblock on December 21, 2012, 09:12:40 PM
hi, all you 6 pack experts please take a look at pic and tell me whats right/wrong with it. i think center carb bowl is wrong, does not have vent or linkage  also have read Larry Shepard's 6 pack book cover to cover but no mention of fast idle solenoid .I've got the brand new replacement part but were do i hook wire up to when converting  from 4 bbl? any tuning tips?going on basically stock 440 with comp cams 268ah-10 cam kit instaled thanks Phil

[img]$(KGrHqNHJFIFCNeSyN9OBQl2D32CWw~~60_3[img]

I tried :shruggy:

polywideblock

hi my 6 pacK set up is the used one in "6 pack weight" on page 3 sorry Phil

STIG

When posting a pic, the last 'img' tag needs to look like this (with no spaces though): [ / I M G ]
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

daveco

"When posting a pic, the last 'img' tag needs to look like this (with no spaces though): [ / I M G ]"

Didn't work.
R/Tree

1970Moparmann

If you want, email me the picture and I can post it.  moparmann1@gmail.com
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

68CoronetRT

You also need the image hosted. It looks like you are trying to upload right from your computer or something?

STIG

Yeah, I realized that link was not structured properly haha. You should upload it to a site like Photobucket before you try wrap it in a tag mate.
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

polywideblock

hi, your right i tried to upload from my computer!  I've  taken moparman up on his offer!email sent, I'm in photobucket but still cant make it work :brickwall: won't "copy" my pics! :'(  thanks Phil

1970Moparmann

Here are the pictures Phil...

1970Moparmann

Quote from: polywideblock on December 22, 2012, 04:56:12 PM
hi, your right i tried to upload from my computer!  I've  taken moparman up on his offer!email sent, I'm in photobucket but still cant make it work :brickwall: won't "copy" my pics! :'(  thanks Phil

Phil, just posted and sent you an email how to do it.

BTW, I simply love your car.  Each time I see you post, I gaze at your picture of your car.  Looks sweet!   :2thumbs:

polywideblock

hi mike thanks heaps for pics and  :2thumbs:. looked for 3 years to find "right" car can't wait to see here in person Phil

Sublime/Sixpack

The center carb bowl is wrong. The fuel inlet should be on the other side.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

polywideblock

center carb appears to have inlet on "both sides with the one on wrong side blocked off with plug.Phil

charger Downunder

Yep get another center car bowl the site plug should be on the other side as well.
[/quote]

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: polywideblock on December 22, 2012, 05:22:59 PM
center carb appears to have inlet on "both sides with the one on wrong side blocked off with plug.Phil
Ah, looking closer I can see it's a plug.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

hemi68charger

For the 71 model year and the '70's built for California, you need the center float bowl with the vent tube for the hose going to the valve cover breather ( which should be a 3-nipple version ).

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

polywideblock

hay guys where do i get the correct center carb with out spending an arm and a leg? please remember I'm in OZ so shipping will kill ! probably $100 -$150 thanks Phil

moparstuart

Quote from: polywideblock on January 12, 2013, 07:40:20 PM
hay guys where do i get the correct center carb with out spending an arm and a leg?
:yesnod: :yesnod:  yup me too or get someone to rebuilt mine to run and drive right
I dont need it to be numbers correct or correct finish or anything its just a clone .   I send mine to holley and my center carb has never run correctly
  I need it to be street ready I drive my car everywhere
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

505charger

I sent my tired original six pack to Competition Carbs in Sun Valley Nevada. Bob had done some race carbs for us in the past so brought my tired carbs in for him to heal. He replaced fuel bowls by adapting available replacement bowls from Holley by plugging the accelerator pump off. He knew the carbs really well and cured several other problems with the metering block on the center carb and plates in the end carbs. I put them on my 505 ci Charger and it runs great. Couldn't be happier.

moparstuart

Quote from: 505charger on January 12, 2013, 10:15:51 PM
I sent my tired original six pack to Competition Carbs in Sun Valley Nevada. Bob had done some race carbs for us in the past so brought my tired carbs in for him to heal. He replaced fuel bowls by adapting available replacement bowls from Holley by plugging the accelerator pump off. He knew the carbs really well and cured several other problems with the metering block on the center carb and plates in the end carbs. I put them on my 505 ci Charger and it runs great. Couldn't be happier.
any idea on a ball park price for him to do the center carb only and contact info for him ???????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

505charger

Competition carburation 775-331-5609. He repaired all three carbs for $450 including parts. It was supposed to be $300 without parts. My guess would be less than $150 for the center carb that he would test run on his engine at the shop.

polywideblock

Quote from: 505charger on January 12, 2013, 11:58:04 PM
Competition carburation 775-331-5609. He repaired all three carbs for $450 including parts. It was supposed to be $300 without parts. My guess would be less than $150 for the center carb that he would test run on his engine at the shop.
does he have a email address or web site