News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now I feel awful...

Started by 71green go, January 14, 2013, 10:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

Recently I bought a set of Louvers off of Gene Gregory for my charger......actually off of his daughter Sarah, she was doing the ebay listings......I felt a little scared buying these as they had no pic on ebay add and was an odd add for the way it was set up...a little skeptical but felt better after several emails....
So I paid allot for them and of course wanted to make sure they shipped and I had a tracking number...well after a week and no emails I was a little worried......they emailed me back after I contacted them and said they would send me a tracking number ...
well next day I received an odd tracking number for a hockey stick heading to norway.....now I was really concerned.....three emails from me asking what was up

well today Sarah got a hold of me explaining how things have been really turned upsaide down in her life and she was sorry for the confusion.....
Seems her Husband was a Motorcycle officer that was killed in duty , struck by a semi truck on the highway while performing a routine stop just a few weeks ago.......she has two small kids and has been trying to keep her dads business going....she admitted life has become very tough......I have no doubt it has, I really cant imagine how tough this could be
I feel bad that I had sent several emails stating/demanding I wanted the tracking info...
Guess sometimes people have allot going on in life and a little patience on our part is the least we can do.......
i wish she had said this in the beginning, as I wouldn't have been so pushy....
God bless all that give their lives in the line of duty of any type

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/349958/3/Family-of-trooper-killed-in-line-of-duty-releases-statement

rt green

you cant blame yourself for being human. hell, you didnt know. tell her your thoughts on the matter and let it go. i'm sure she'll understand.
third string oil changer

Dino

You couldn't know, you were asking for very basic business practices, nothing out of the ordinary.  Don't beat yourself up over it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

:iagree:

...and sorry for her loss.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

71green go

Thanks guys...Yeah I know I shouldnt worry about it...But whenever Kids are involved it tugs at me heart.......
I wrote her an email wishing her and her kids all the best .....

Dino

Quote from: 71green go on January 15, 2013, 12:55:02 PM
Thanks guys...Yeah I know I shouldnt worry about it...But whenever Kids are involved it tugs at me heart.......

Good man.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dino on January 15, 2013, 12:56:07 PM
Quote from: 71green go on January 15, 2013, 12:55:02 PM

Good man.   :2thumbs:

I'll echo that.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nvrbdn

yep, i remember when that happened. it was a pretty big funeral event here. completely shut down the highway between troy and highland for hours. you handled yourself fine. how would you possibly know that the person you buy something from is having tragedy in their life? it was good of you to show concern after the fact. good for you. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

aussiemuscle

i wouldn't be too worried. it's not like you're psychic or knew that there was a death in the family. with so many con-artists on ebay you have to stay vigilant.

Quote from: 71green go on January 14, 2013, 10:43:23 PM
her Husband was a Motorcycle officer that was killed in duty , struck by a semi truck on the highway while performing a routine stop just a few weeks ago.....
sad. it's a bad situation for cops and towies. is there much that can be done? (people need to pay attention to what they are doing).