News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jessica Barton's Toyota Stripped

Started by JB400, January 07, 2013, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STIG

1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

GPULLER

I was thinking she was Ray Barton's relation and the Toyota was Hemi powered.   I guess not.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: STIG on January 13, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
When you get 950+ horse out on the track with a Supra, the car's not going anywhere too quickly! It's a whale that's meant for the motorway. Even with ~500hp  I struggled to find traction through 5th gear every time. They don't like the drag strip naturally. 800hp range is optimum for the best results out of these cars IMO, any more and you're just ice skating  ;)

you see his fat wheels though of the track video thats how he is probably gripping and getting those 8secs.  Watch his other videso he has regular tires for street driven.

STIG

Ah yeah, that's true. I know with my ones I could never keep them down at the strip (that's with a fraction of that power), but on the race track they fair pretty well... it's all that low-mid range torque and the horsepower all the way through the rev range that makes these cars typically ill-fitted for the strip   :icon_smile_tongue: Though the GAS one is running high-6s now I believe and I've got a magazine showing a MKIV in street trim running low-7s. Ahh... I miss Supras, it's like driving a plane  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

aussiemuscle

an increasing problem in Sydney is thieves target older cars, hot-wire them and sell them to the wrecking yard for a few dollars. by the time the police arrive, it's already in the crusher.  :flame: