News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson/Scottsdale 2013 Official Thread - ALL LISTINGS CURRENT/SHOW OVER

Started by TruckDriver, January 14, 2013, 11:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutalowner

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 19, 2013, 12:11:09 AM
All prices for the cars I have listed are current for tonight 1/18/13. ;)

Seems like people lost intrest in Mopars for the most part. The 1 of 1 '71 Challenger vert, and the '70 Hemi charger...  :shruggy:  I figured they would go for a hell of a lot more money for sure.

Yeah, seems that way. Don't know how I feel about that. A double edged sword, if you are out in the market. Guess it's a buyers market, to a point..
Thanks for the update too! 
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

surmanajaja

thanx for this. that 70 hemi charger was kinda cheap? I cant understand why anyone would pay 165 thou for a vw bus..insane. :shruggy:

Dodge Don

Quote from: surmanajaja on January 19, 2013, 06:13:18 AM
thanx for this. that 70 hemi charger was kinda cheap?

The colour killed it. In a high impact colour year the blah colours just don't pull as much $$

model maker

That yellow 70 charger also had an issue with the taillight wiring. I noticed that when the brakes were applied, the left inside brake light was normal BUT the right taillights had the 2 outside lights illuminated  & i don't think anyone noticed like they did when someone halted the auction momentarily because they saw blue smoke and were saying it was burning oil  around the rings. I didn;t get to hear what else they said about it. That is a car that needs a closer inspection to make sure the owner didn't take other shortcuts restoring it. When i see wires crossed ( tail/brake lights) it sends up a red flag.
MODEL MAKER

A383Wing

TruckDriver

Quote from: model maker on January 19, 2013, 03:44:10 PM
That yellow 70 charger also had an issue with the taillight wiring. I noticed that when the brakes were applied, the left inside brake light was normal BUT the right taillights had the 2 outside lights illuminated  & i don't think anyone noticed like they did when someone halted the auction momentarily because they saw blue smoke and were saying it was burning oil  around the rings. I didn;t get to hear what else they said about it. That is a car that needs a closer inspection to make sure the owner didn't take other shortcuts restoring it. When i see wires crossed ( tail/brake lights) it sends up a red flag.

It wasn't the charger that was smoking, it was a car behind it they said. And a LOT of cars there have tail/brake light issues I see.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

right, they stopped the auction and said that the charger had a new rebuild and was not smoking. the smoke was coming from the next car. then they started the auction from a lower bid and it had to regain the value. but i think at that time some people had it in their minds and laid back.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

All prices for the cars I have listed are current for tonight 1/19/13. ;)
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1974dodgecharger

waiting on that hornet green mustang....they say its gonna sell for 1 BILLION DOLLARS!!!!

SAD...that fast and furious charger went for a 90k plus someone got jipped really hard!!!!!  I guess you could say its an 'investment' since its based on the movie just like how the guy is selling the legit Bullit charger for 1 million dollars.

nvrbdn

the green hornet went unsold, not meeting its reserve. guess its gona stay put for another year.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: surmanajaja on January 19, 2013, 06:13:18 AM
thanx for this. that 70 hemi charger was kinda cheap? I cant understand why anyone would pay 165 thou for a vw bus..insane. :shruggy:

You say that,but you did'nt see/inspect that car in person.A friend of mine got in his truck  w/trailor/money,and drove 2,200 miles to Minn to buy it,came home empty trailor,the seller was stuck and would'nt move from $115-120k,all I will say is buyer beware,and it needed a resto !!!!So to me the price was still to high.

And I'll add he also went to Kentucky to see the other 70 Hemi charger,currently on ebay for $140,the car in Minn was nicer !!!!!!!That guy is stuck on $110k.
Some peole neeed to get the emails that it's not 2005-2008 anymore,Mopars are down,and if you think you can get six fgures and up,it better dam well be one HELL of a resto,in/out/top/bottom/correct,sit your but in the seat and enjoy not having to lift a finger on it for that kind of steam !!! :Twocents:

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

The70RT

So what's up with the reserves this time? Was it because on one on the main guys wanted a mint for his Shelby Mustang? I know when someone famous passes away people on eBay pay over the value. Looks like they were fishin for more millions than what was offered.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nvrbdn

Quote from: The70RT on January 20, 2013, 02:17:22 PM
So what's up with the reserves this time? Was it because on one on the main guys wanted a mint for his Shelby Mustang? I know when someone famous passes away people on eBay pay over the value. Looks like they were fishin for more millions than what was offered.

thats what we were thinking too. where did the reserve come from in a no-reserve auction. then there were quite a few of those. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

All prices for the cars I have listed are current for the auction ;)

It was hard keeping up with everyting this year. I probably wont do any more this year.
PETE

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Homerr on January 19, 2013, 10:06:22 AM
WTF VW bus?!

I know 21 window ones are their holy grail, but $165k?

It is amazing what draws big $$ over something else.

Like the mustard Land Cruiser.....it pulled in more than the 70 Hemi Charger......I thought, "You gotta be strokin' me!"

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1555&aid=466

I thought the 66 Charger went too cheap....that looked like a nice car.

8WHEELER

If you are talking about the Green Hornet Shelby, that was out of Craig Jacksons personal collection, he sold a few
of his own cars ''with a reserve of coarse''

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

1974dodgecharger

LC are badass man, but not 88k badass maybe im missing something why this went so high?  I had 2 of those jeep style LCs and one 60 series LC they are literally built like tanks.
Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 20, 2013, 11:30:21 PM
Quote from: Homerr on January 19, 2013, 10:06:22 AM
WTF VW bus?!

I know 21 window ones are their holy grail, but $165k?

It is amazing what draws big $$ over something else.

Like the mustard Land Cruiser.....it pulled in more than the 70 Hemi Charger......I thought, "You gotta be strokin' me!"

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1555&aid=466

I thought the 66 Charger went too cheap....that looked like a nice car.

1974dodgecharger

he wants a BILLION DOLLARS?

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 21, 2013, 02:37:43 AM

If you are talking about the Green Hornet Shelby, that was out of Craig Jacksons personal collection, he sold a few

Dan

8WHEELER

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 21, 2013, 02:40:48 AM
he wants a BILLION DOLLARS?

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 21, 2013, 02:37:43 AM

Dan

Of coarse, it was owned by Craig Jackson     ::) ::)  who cares..........

Dan

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.