News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you trade?

Started by chargd72, January 14, 2013, 11:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Would you trade a '76 3/4 ton Power Wagon with a 400/727 for a '71 Roadrunner with a 383/727 if both were in similar condition?  I love having the Power Wagon but I've always wanted a RR.  Plus, it's my only truck.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Patronus

Reckon I'm with Skip, unless you need 4wd for winter...otherwise, hell yeah!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Cooter

Need detailed pics of both...You know what's in that 4WD. You don't know what's in that RR.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

twodko

Need details too but I'd take the RR......you always find another truck.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tan top

:coolgleamA: :yesnod:  what the other guys say !! love the 71 roadrunner shape  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

polywideblock

in a heartbeat own a 71 roadrunner  :2thumbs: the rr crowd is just as fanatical as charger guys

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

What is the offer on the RR?  Is he just wanting your truck, or are you wanting the RR and he's willing to take the truck as a trade?  I'd need pix too before I could really make an honest assessment.

chargd72

pics of the RR

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

JB400

I think I'd keep the truck and use it to make some money to buy the RR straight out.  Little hard to haul plywood or wood in the back of a RR.  With the car being a project, and the truck in what appears to be driving condition, keep the truck.

41husk

You can find a running truck for work for a few bucks (not a power wagon) but you can't find decent 71 RR everyday
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargd72

PW pics

chargd72

The truck is a driver but has it's issues.  The wiring on it is a nightmare.  Lot's of components (interior lights, turn signals & plenty more) don't work.  The truck is in a better start position to get it good.  But like 41husk said, you don't come across '71 road runners very often.  

Quote from: 41husk on January 14, 2013, 01:15:28 PM
You can find a running truck for work for a few bucks (not a power wagon) but you can't find decent 71 RR everyday

Just had a little baby girl.  Finding a few extra bucks is like finding more time to work on these damn things.

41husk

Nice truck ! I bought my daughter 85 D250 318 for my daughter to use around her house (mostly stop borrowing my truck) for $1500 2 years ago.  If you want the RR trade and buy a beater to get your work done.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Indygenerallee

If it were mine I would trade.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

kab69440

No. I sold my Power Ram in '06 and have been kicking myself in the axe since. I finally got another truck (Chevy 4x2) last year. I still miss my Dodge.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

areibel

I'd say heck yeah! 
Check the RR out first though, I've had enough third gens to know there are a few surprises! Make sure there's a frame under it, worst spots are the T bar mounts and the very back ends of the rear rails where the spring shackles mount.  Trunk rust is trunk rust, but that's most of them now.. in the past I've cheated and cleaned it up with a wire wheel and used fiberglass mat over the holes.  Yeah, not a resto but if you want to get it running and drive it, you do what you gotta do!   A new trunk mat will cover those sins until you can fix it right later.  And take a flashlight and look in along the front edges of the cowl, and under the dash in the corners where the floorpan meets up.  Another spot that can be a real pain, that takes metal to fix and it's not a beginner job.. from the pic of the motor compartment it doesn't look too scary, but look around in the corners and under the battery.
But for a low buck approach, this car looks like a good start.  No apparent major rust, lots of little weekend jobs to get her pretty again.  And if you go step by step you won't need a ton of money- get a carpet, some seat covers until you're ready for the Ledgendary catalog, etc.. I'd jump on it!

41husk

I am a fan of the 71-73 RR
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Ram07

JB400

I guess the real question is, do you need/ afford another project?  Sounds like you have your hands full already.  Besides, those trucks are still plentiful.

rt green

i'd trade. pick ups are all over the place. the road runner probably gets better mpg anyway and looks like its worth more when you sell. nothing against your truck and all.
third string oil changer

hatersaurusrex

Ask yourself 5 years from now which you'd regret more - giving up your truck or passing on a RR.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

nvrbdn

ok, i have to go against the grain. you have a car. the truck is wicked cool. your gona work on either one you choose. me, id take that good looking 4wd truck.that way you have a mopar to cruise at car shows, and a mopar to play off road or camping, hauling, whatever you like. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Scaregrabber

I'd do the trade in about one second. However you're the guy doing the deal and you're asking others opinions, so to me that means you are not sure and you probably shouldn't do it.

Sheldon