News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Somebody PLEASE explain to me what's funny about the Big Bang Theory????????????

Started by skip68, January 13, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2013, 08:43:36 AM
Then it's fair to say some make the connection of big bang to the saved by the bell type kids shows and some don't.   I can explain it but some just won't get it.  Some are easily entertained and others aren't.  I fully get it.   :2thumbs:

Are you saying Mario lopez is Gay?  :scratchchin:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

Don't know who that is.   :shruggy:   I said what I said.   Bottom line, if you like this show that's fine.  I just can't stand it so I don't watch it.  No biggie.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2013, 09:33:44 AM
Don't know who that is.   :shruggy:   I said what I said.   Bottom line, if you like this show that's fine.  I just can't stand it so I don't watch it.  No biggie.    :cheers:

You keep referring to Saved by the bell, so I assumed you knew who he was.
"That's us in 10 years".

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

skip68

Saved by the bell was just a reference like the other kids shows.  Same one liners and predictable fallowed by over the top laugh tracks.    I know you like this show Stuart because it's slow, predictable, easy to fallow and for simple minds.     :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DrHemi

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on January 15, 2013, 09:26:13 AM
Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2013, 08:43:36 AM
Then it's fair to say some make the connection of big bang to the saved by the bell type kids shows and some don't.   I can explain it but some just won't get it.  Some are easily entertained and others aren't.  I fully get it.   :2thumbs:

Are you saying Mario lopez is Gay?  :scratchchin:

http://vimeo.com/6025957   Check this out
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2013, 11:33:48 AM
Saved by the bell was just a reference like the other kids shows.  Same one liners and predictable fallowed by over the top laugh tracks.    I know you like this show Stuart because it's slow, predictable, easy to fallow and for simple minds.     :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DC_1

I find the show pretty good but I don't go out of my way to watch it. If it's on I'll check it out... but I don't think I'd find myself watching reruns like I would a show like Friends.

People find different types of humor to their liking.....for example, I can't stand anything with Adam Sandler. I don't think he is funny at all. And he is one dimensional if you ask me, every character he plays is the same. I also can't stand that goofy childish voice he uses....not funny!

Cooter

Funny, I love anything Adam S. HAs a very "in your face" humor. If you ever watch "Just go with it" with Jennifer A., the scene where the little kid sh*ts on the guys hand is CLASSIC!

Not a real BBT type.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparstuart

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on January 15, 2013, 12:38:59 PM

People find different types of humor to their liking.....for example, I can't stand anything with Adam Sandler. I don't think he is funny at all. And he is one dimensional if you ask me, every character he plays is the same. I also can't stand that goofy childish voice he uses....not funny!
i'm like that with jim carey  I cant stand him and just find him stupid  :Twocents:
 How ever Sandler I like , he is hit and miss but Happy Gilmore is a classic   :icon_smile_big:

JB400

Personally, I don't like either one.  I guess I don't find stupid very funny.

What shows are on your funny list Skip?

Cooter

Quote from: moparstuart on January 15, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
i'm like that with jim carey  I cant stand him and just find him stupid  :Twocents:
 How ever Sandler I like , he is hit and miss but Happy Gilmore is a classic   :icon_smile_big:

"Ok Bobby, you wanna piece of me?! Now your gonna get it Bobby!" [Towards Bob Barker] CLASSIC!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparstuart

Quote from: Cooter on January 15, 2013, 12:51:56 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 15, 2013, 12:46:38 PM

"Ok Bobby, you wanna piece of me?! Now your gonna get it Bobby!" [Towards Bob Barker] CLASSIC!
The price is wrong   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

mrsskip68

This is gonna shock ya, but Chuck's favorite shows are OLD Westerns. He falls asleep to them. John Wayne, and all those old tuff guys. HE CANT GET ENOUGH OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why i call him Wyatt Earp incarnate! (sp)

Funny movies/actors he likes is: Couples retreat, Airplane movies, Steve Martin stuff, Adam Sandler stuff and his buddies that he puts in the movies are funny. He likes SNL, and just fresh funny stuff. HE HATES LAUGH TRACKS! (cant blame him on that one!) Just go with it was funny.  Too many movies to think of but we just like to laugh at silly stuff! (Makes stress escape for at least two hours!) I don't watch that big bang show, doesn't appeal to ME, but that's my opinion. Just like I cant stand Russell Crow!  :eek2: To each their own.

Just to clear things up. Chucks not "completely" stupid and one dimensional. He enjoys documentaries, musicals, and history shows. (He's an extreme old west history buff!),  I had him watch Phantom of The Opera on disk, and he really enjoyed it! He's deeper than he likes to portray.  He is my lil renaissance man so to speak. Lol!

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

skip68

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 15, 2013, 03:36:28 PM
I had him watch Phantom of The Opera on disk, and he really enjoyed it!

WTF!  :o   Now that's a joke.   :rotz:   Naked Gun movies, Leslie Nielsen's dry humor and Lloyd Bridges.   Hot Shots.....   Just don't talk bad about my John Wayne.   :icon_smile_wink:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 15, 2013, 03:36:28 PM
I had him watch Phantom of The Opera on disk, and he really enjoyed it!

WTF!  :o   Now that's a joke.   :rotz:   Naked Gun movies, Leslie Nielsen's dry humor and Lloyd Bridges.   Hot Shots.....   Just don't talk bad about my John Wayne.   :icon_smile_wink:

Never been a fan of the Duke.

http://redlightnaps.wordpress.com/2007/05/19/john-wayne-american-patriot/
"That's us in 10 years".

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 14, 2013, 12:10:37 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 13, 2013, 09:51:16 PM
fantastic show      love it   your a moron   :nana: :nana: :nana:

:smilielol:

I don't bother much with "prime time" TV & never saw it until last spring when I was at my Dad's house. He loves the show & kept telling me about it, but I never bothered. I did think it was funny, but I still don't tune in. I'll probably catch a few of the rerun episodes late at night once it goes into syndication.   :shruggy:

As far as what's funny in it, probably the fact that there really are nerds out there like that, that just aren't aware the show pokes fun at them. To those hardcore nerds it's probably just another reality show.   :lol:

Yes, there are nerds out there just like those characters, I used to go to graduate school with them.....

Personally, I like the show because I can understand some of the inside nerd jokes being told in scientific terms that most people miss (especially the equations on the boards).  I actually use the show when I teach undergrads chemistry as some of them watch the show, but have no idea what is being said sometimes.  It is a means to make chemistry seem not so abstract when it is being used in mainstream tv.  So, I clarify what was discussed by defining those terms when we reach those particular topics in our class.  An example of this is the Bose-Einstein Condenstate (mentioned on the show, 1st season if I remember right) when it relates to how matter acts as it approaches absolute zero on the Kelvin temperature scale.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

F8-4life

The big bang theory is a funny show, but the humor is actually not "smart" humor. Its actually pretty dumb humor with a bunch of mumbo jumbo rederic to give the illusion of intelligance.

BlueSS454

Quote from: skip68 on January 13, 2013, 09:46:23 PM
I've tried to watch this show but it's just so stupid, retarded and gay.  Reminds me of jr high humor.   :rotz: Sorry.   It's like watching a kids show that's for 10 year olds.   I've got a sick dry sense of humor but this show just has no real humor.  Anywho, I just don't understand how it's so popular.   :shruggy:   

It has a lot of truth/humor from a real world point of view that a lot of people can relate too, except you I suppose. 

What is the purpose of using 5,000 exclamation points in a thread title when one is sufficient?
Tom Rightler

skip68

skip68

Here is Big Bang minus laugh tracks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs           

I will admit the part when he rubs her feet is kind of funny.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: skip68 on January 14, 2013, 09:31:56 AM
I think it just takes more to make me laugh.  I think it's just a fad that will be old soon.   Just like Justin Bieber, is she really that great of a singer or just a flash in the pan.  Don't get me wrong, that chick can sing but I don't think we'll see her 10 years from now or remember her name.  
That show reminds me of the shows my daughter watches on Disney channel.  Same simple lines.    

Skip you know it's in it's 6th season with no signs of slowing, right?   That's a pretty good run for any prime time show - very few went over 10 seasons.    Already past 'fad'.  I think for whatever reason it didn't catch on its first few seasons so you're just now hearing about it.

To answer your question, it's much funnier if you can identify with socially awkward nerds.   This is the primary reason I love it :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

skip68