News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Introduction and question

Started by dyslexic teddybear, January 13, 2013, 12:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexic teddybear

Hi

Long time Mopar guy....[3rd generation.....yeah, my grandfather drove Mopars] and the ONLY exception was my first rig.....an IH 4x4 pickup.

Long time Cummins guy.....first was a 79.

Long time IH guy.....

Long time DEERE guy.....

Ok, you get the idea, I do tend to be loyal.

Never had a Charger, hope to rectify that in the future. Like them all. As long as they do not have half a motor, sitting in the wrong direction, and driving the wrong wheels.

LOVE the aero cars, that's what really brought me to this site. Have been reading for quite a bit.....lots of great info[thanks] Doubt if I will be able to add much to the discussion, will try to make up for it by asking intelligent questions. Keep in mind my username.....I always try to proofread[success varies], but sometimes things come out ....well a bit confusing. Even to me. I'm really a polite guy....offence is never intended. Or if it is intended, there will be no doubt about it.

Now, to the question.....

Could some kind moderator correct the spelling of my username?

Please? It should be dyslexic teddybear

I am old and decrepit, therefore deserving of pity......

Thanks

Only online on the weekends and will continue to soak up as much info as I can in the time available.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68X426

Quote from: deslexic teddybear on January 13, 2013, 12:47:44 PM

So is most everyone else on the forum.  :lol:

Welcome.

I see that you spelled PlumCrazy correctly in the profile.  :2thumbs:

By the way, look out for Skip.  :icon_smile_wink:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

Welcome to the group :cheers:  Don't worry about spelling,  quite a few on here don't know spelling, grammer, or typing.  We do have the spell check though.

RCKSTR

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 13, 2013, 01:34:51 PM
Welcome to the group :cheers:  Don't worry about spelling,  quite a few on here don't know spelling, grammer, or typing.  We do have the spell check though.

Wee doo? Ausum! ;)

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: 68X426 on January 13, 2013, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: deslexic teddybear on January 13, 2013, 12:47:44 PM

So is most everyone else on the forum.  :lol:

Explains much. :icon_smile_big:

Also means, I should fit right in. At least as much as any old school/anti high tech[last thing I want is a car that talks to me and parks itself] do it myself type.....can in today's world.

Spell check is great, as long as it does not say "have no clue what you are trying to spell". Other times, the suggestions can be a bit humorous. Can be a bit like  :brickwall:     All part of the fun I guess.

Usually compose on my email, then do the copy/paste, saves me from timing out. Not exactly a computer genius here, plus I'm slow.....

Thanks for the welcome.

JB400

Any particular year of charger you're shooting for?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dyslexic teddybear

All years. Any year. I'm really flexible on this.

Just love the first gens....2+2 and that rear window.....

Second gens....no such thing as a bad looking one.

Love the subtly of the 500....

Daytona. Nuff said.

[even the FWD-K based ones.....of course with a proper motor[large] driving the proper wheels. I blame Darrell Alderman for influencing me on this.]

Third gens......my weakness. Slight bias to these. I graduated HS in 74, so third gens were what was around the most. They were VERY popular in my area.

AND.....the one that got away. Of all the dumb things I did when I was younger, this was THE dumbest.

1971 Charger Super Bee.
White-green top/interior.
6pak

Did NOT look at it seriously .......because it was not a 4 speed.

Total. Idiot.

So I would, if the right car came up......try to recreate the one that got away. Except it would be 4 speed.

Like just about everyone else, would like to do a Daytona/Superbird/500. AND just like most everyone else....it will depend on the coin I have to spend. At this time I can't play in that area. In a few years.....who knows. That's what I am doing here now, learning as much as I can, planning for future.

I have a 73 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed that I have owned from 77, that will keep me busy for a bit. When that's done, then it'll be time to look for a Charger.

But really...I like them all. Suppose I could have just wrote that.....

Ghoste

White with green top and interior?  That seems like an unusual combo in some way, almost backwards.  Very cool.

dyslexic teddybear

Incredible car.

Had a cold air hood, black bulge, and the stripes that followed the bulge back to the the base of the windshield, then to each side and down each side. IMHO the best looking stripes. Green buckets and slapstick/console.

This would have been in 75......2500$. Back then, it was serious coin for a gas sucking used car. But the car was in great shape. Interior was perfect..... I just happened to see it at the shop just before it was repainted, IIRC looked to be mostly parking lot dings. Nothing major.

At the time would not even consider a automatic.

The car=totally cool

Me=Total Idiot.

JB400

I've heard of combos like that, I know of a 69 just sitting gathering rust that is that away.  Hope you have some luck finding a car when it comes time.

dyslexic teddybear

Advantage of not being set on any particular year or model or for that matter even color......means my choices are wide open.

Mopar......manual trans......that's the two main things. AND, I love the unique stuff. There's a thread on a /6 Charger..... :drool5:

I'm one of the few guys that would leave a flat hood on an E-body. Before I got my 2500 Cummins, I always wanted to do a B-body station wagon with a BB and the LONG 70 shifter as a tow rig...... :D

It's an addiction. And I haven't even mentioned Dodge trucks......

dyslexic teddybear

Thanks to Troy/forum team for correcting my.....small mistake in registering.

Much appreciated :2thumbs:

70/I6 charger

Hey welcome to the forum!!!    :2thumbs:

I am lisdexic  too! Just take your time, and yell for your S/O to spell some thing even auto correct wont fix.

The I/6 is going to be my End Al Be All. After some time I'd like to do a frame off. That wont be for a couple of years down the road. The only reason I'd do it is because the 70 I/6 charger is so rare. My father in law is to the point he is selling his "projects" to restore his 65 dart convertible. When I get up there I'll take pics and post info.

dyslexic teddybear

Seems we have more then an interest in Chargers in common.

My lady[S.O.] helps a lot. Sometimes she gets a bit frustrated when I leave her a note. Says she needs a translator......cause it looks like russian. I can't read it either......so I guess she has a point. Or.....I just find a different word. Pretty good at that......but it makes composition really slow.

As to the "frame off".....Mopars are unibody.....frame off has a pretty drastic context.

I know what you mean, but I don't know what the current term is.....have heard "nut and bolt" and  "rotisserie".

Complete disassembly, refurbishment, reassembly.

Lotta work......I like that your thinking that way. If it is truly the "end all, be all" for you, great! It will be worth every bit of work and $$$ you put into it. As well as preserving a rare car. Suspect you already know you can not sell it for a profit. The personal connection[from your FIL] is cool too. I have a 73 W200 my brother left to me....badly rusted.....most would scrap it. But I'll fix it and pass it on to one of my sons.

Interested in this......a slant Charger is just so.......yeah......unique.

70/I6 charger

The plan is this, 

"rotisserie".

Complete disassembly, refurbishment, reassembly.

I know "no one wants" a 6 cyl mussel car... But it's the rarity and uniqueness of one.  A guy from the 70 registry told me mine might be 1 of 19. even less if it's factory air under the hood. That makes it more rare than a Hemi charger. Keep in touch.

68X426

Often times a car is rare for good reasons.  :whistling:

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

70/I6 charger

I know "no one wants" a 6 cyl mussel car...

Quote from: 68X426 on January 14, 2013, 03:42:40 PM
Often times a car is rare for good reasons.  :whistling:

See what I mean??

68X426

I LOVE a Slant 6. Love them.  :2thumbs:

It just has to be in the right car. A Charger is not the right car for a /6. It was that way then and it still is now.

Have you EVER heard of anyone removing a Big Block and putting in a /6 in a Charger?

You know the answer; that's why rare doesn't mean cool, desirable, prized, unique, valuable or special in just any Mopar. It's just means rare.

Sorry for the thread hijack, back to bearlexic's search for a Mopar.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

dyslexic teddybear

Interesting idea..... :scratchchin:

Now, I'm the first to admit, my sense of humor is........unusual, unique......some would say strange. Maybe even weird. [actual words used by my kids]. They know me well.

But if I had this /6 Charger.......I'm not sure I could resist......cobbling up a partial fender tag and set it on top of the real one...... with something like a coffee travel mug covering it.....leaving just enough showing to make the casual observer think it was coded for a hemi.....and watch peoples reactions. :D

Fortunately, there is room here for all of us crazies. Crazy enough to do the above. Crazy enough to do a /6 Charger.....My lady's neighbor restored a 4 door Valiant. Why? Personal history. It was the last car his parents purchased new. He got his drivers license in it. I like it and think it's cool. I also like his 340 Duster and 65 Barracuda....

Funny thing is.....he gets all positive comments on the Valiant. The Duster though a very well done car....gets a lot of negative "that's not correct" type comments. He tells me he has more fun with the Valiant.

The moral of this story, is have fun with your Charger. BB or /6. Another Charger saved, is another Charger saved.

Hmmm......bearlexic.....coulda worked for a username........

70/I6 charger

HEEH fake hemi tag, I love it!!!  I cant wait until I can go get my car!!! The more I think of it it's driving me nuts!!! I cant wait to check out the vin.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: 70/I6  charger on January 14, 2013, 05:26:40 PM
I know "no one wants" a 6 cyl mussel car...

Quote from: 68X426 on January 14, 2013, 03:42:40 PM
Often times a car is rare for good reasons.  :whistling:

See what I mean??

Not true.  If you want a complete factory set of 1970 Chargers, you have to have the /6 versions also.  Otherwise it is still not a complete set....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

hemigeno

Quote from: 68X426 on January 14, 2013, 06:03:11 PM
Have you EVER heard of anyone removing a Big Block and putting in a /6 in a Charger?

It has happened before... Check out these threads on PocketThunder's old '69 Charger 500:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30500.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60094.0/all.html

:cheers:

68X426

Well I'll be damned. I stand corrected. I was wrong. :icon_smile_blackeye:

But you got to agree it hasn't exactly caught on as a trend. And did the /6 actually make the car worth more, desirable, etc.? Just made it cool (I'll admit).

Anyway, I'll shut up.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow