News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1962 Plymouth Fury

Started by Drache, January 12, 2013, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Can anyone decode this fender tag for me?

I've got most of the VIN decoded except for where the car was made.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldgold69

s-p-2-h-23
1962-plymouth-v8-high price class-?

serial number  for sp2h are 3321 detroit  3327 st louis  3326 newark 3325 los angeles  the book says 3 plymouth v8 -3 fury- 2 1962- fourth digit is nine but it only shows seven plants in the book  dont know of a number 9 plant  this is out of a 62 parts manual might get more info out of the service manual but that is in my dads 62 fury by my brothers check tomorrow

Alaskan_TA

Which country is the car in?

Drache

Quote from: oldgold69 on January 13, 2013, 01:24:14 AM
fourth digit is nine but it only shows seven plants in the book  dont know of a number 9

My guess is that it's because it's a Canadian Built Car.

Thanks for the rest.

So now I'm wondering about

Body No: 188
Paint Code: PP
Trim Code: SWT

Paint Code PP from my understanding is Cherry Red. Which is weird since the car was found in a field in 1991 and it was more Light Grey (MM). There is no hint of red anywhere, not the door jams, not under the hood, not in the trunk, nothing.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldgold69

so is it a 2 door  im thinking swt could be stainless wide trim their were 3 three different trim s each added more and biiger trim   cheap had no trunk or hood trim down the middle  does it have two tail lights or 4 plus the reverse light  havent got to my brothers yet

Drache

Quote from: oldgold69 on January 13, 2013, 11:51:02 AM
so is it a 2 door  im thinking swt could be stainless wide trim their were 3 three different trim s each added more and biiger trim   cheap had no trunk or hood trim down the middle  does it have two tail lights or 4 plus the reverse light  havent got to my brothers yet

It has the trim down the center of the hood. I didn't get to see the tail lights as it was back right up into the corner of the shop.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldgold69

9 is windsor plant  still working on the rest

Drache

Quote from: oldgold69 on January 14, 2013, 11:24:23 AM
9 is windsor plant  still working on the rest

Thank you for all your help so far!  :cheers:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

So the tear down of the 413 that will be going into this Fury will be starting soon I hope! I'll get pictures as it progresses!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire