News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

testing out my leds

Started by 68 CHARGER R/T, January 12, 2013, 08:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on January 13, 2013, 12:25:53 PM
i just bought the tailights and the parking light leds. from that second site that was linked. total was like 50 bucks. i cant wait to see how they look. my parking lights always looked like crap no matter how good i grounded them.

I know exactly what you mean, our stock  brake lights are as bright as these newer cars with just parking lights on  :RantExplode:

Just 6T9 CHGR

i just bought the tailights and the parking light leds. from that second site that was linked. total was like 50 bucks. i cant wait to see how they look. my parking lights always looked like crap no matter how good i grounded them.

look forward to some pics of your 69 as well :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 14, 2013, 06:35:00 AM

look forward to some pics of your 69 as well :thumbs:

Same here!  :popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Brass

So according to this:  
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts/chart_pic_001?full=1

A rear set for a 68 would be four 1157 or 23x5630 (red).  
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/1157-LED

+ two 1157 (A) for the front turn signals (amber).  But I can't find the 1157 (A).  Is that the same as the 1095?

Thanks - and good find!  

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Brass on January 14, 2013, 04:06:30 PM
So according to this:  
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts/chart_pic_001?full=1

A rear set for a 68 would be four 1157 or 23x5630 (red).  
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/1157-LED

+ two 1157 (A) for the front turn signals (amber).  But I can't find the 1157 (A).  Is that the same as the 1095?

Thanks - and good find!  

yes its the same bulb the 1095

http://www.superbrightleds.com/bulb_cross.php

68 CHARGER R/T

i'm doing the wifes interior in her 05 cherokee you can see the difference front to rear ones,(sorry about the poor pics) mini bulbs are in the rear.

1BAD68

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: 1BAD68 on January 14, 2013, 06:22:38 PM
so it looks like 6 of these...   http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1157-can-bus-led-bulb--dual-intensity-27-smd-led-tower/1392/
will do all tailights and both front lights?

yes they will.some say they require the flasher as well but i didnt have any issues with the hyperflash as they call it.  i'm gonna do the rest of mine as well  , too pricey for me  all at once   lol

Brightyellow69rtse

i ordered the 18 led ones.  i was gonna get a dome light but i couldnt find one on there.

i will post pics when i get them in  :2thumbs:

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on January 14, 2013, 08:41:42 PM
i ordered the 18 led ones.  i was gonna get a dome light but i couldnt find one on there.

the dome light for some reason is the hardest to get, but they said they can order them

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks great!  :drool5:  Did you do the front parking lights and reverse lights too?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 15, 2013, 12:08:09 AM
Looks great!  :drool5:  Did you do the front parking lights and reverse lights too?

not yet   hopefully soon   ;D   

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on January 14, 2013, 08:41:42 PM

So what's the word BrightYellow?  Get an opportunity to try out those lamps yet??

:popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Brightyellow69rtse

no i havent. they havent arrived yet. ive been too busy to follow up on it. hopefully toorrow or friday i can see what the hell is going on  :shruggy:

68 CHARGER R/T

i have a extra led to show you guys the difference, i rigged something up to show ya. no flash and lights were off in room   .  ignore the mess in the background   lol

greenpigs

WOW!

You should ask for a discount because you just sold me on replacing ALL my taillight bulbs with leds.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

billfury

The red LED's will look great shining through the 72 Charger louvered taillights. Thanks.  :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

Wow, thanks for showing the results - they are huge! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PlainfieldCharger

:o  I put Led's in my pinball games too :2thumbs: This will be on the charger list ;)

duanesterrr

Wow that is a big difference.  Thanks for taking the time to set up the tests.  I might order some of these and I don't even own the car yet!

Brass

Do your turn signals work without the load resistors?  Mine didn't.

HeavyFuel

I bet the LED bulbs would work nicely in the center console. 

triple_green

OK..I am confused..sorry!

I want to do this for just my front turn signals/park lights on my 68. Which bulb? and which supplier is cheaper?

Thanks!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

68 CHARGER R/T

Just tell them you want amber 1157 leds.            triple_green   :2thumbs: