News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the cost for aftermarket AC

Started by erlendch, October 03, 2013, 11:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erlendch

Hi,

I got a 1969 Charger R/T without AC. The defroster/heater system is broken, so might as well put AC in it since I now have to spend $$ on it anyway. I am not able to do anything myself tho. I'm getting the quote from my repair shop later today, but thought I check with you guys approx what the price should be so I do not get ripped off or anything.

Great if anyone know the price for the parts, possibly even a link to where to buy, and how many hours of work it should be.

Thanks,
Erlend

69charger2002

I have found the classic auto air kit to be the best. It's set up for a non a/c car/control panel. The cost of the kit is around $1400 with shipping. Now labor is a different story. It's pretty labor intensive time wise to do the install. Mainly the underdash aspect of it. Taking the old box out is a bear, and if your charger was a factory A/C car, there is some cutting etc on the firewall required and you have to make a template for the new box. If it's a factory non A/C car, the install is a little easier. I have always pulled favors getting my systems installed, but i would not be surprised to hear a quote of $500-1000 for labor installation. Worst case scenario that would be $2500 bucks or so. The plus about the aftermarket kit of course is that the new box blows much harder and it runs on cheap R134A freon
Trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1974dodgecharger

Don't forget upgrade, alternator, water pump, etc...

Mike DC

Hey Travis, do you have any recollections on the weight of the CAA underdash setup compared to the stock units?   What about the size?  

The stock A/C evap boxes are huge boat anchors and even the stock heater-only rigs aren't small.