News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior color

Started by fizz, January 21, 2013, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizz

So I have the body work about done on my 70 rt, and its getting time to pick a color. I would go the original dark f8 green with the green interior or black with a red interior(I know they didn't have red in 70 but would use the 68 or 69 color, its a resto mod anyway). I talked with the guys from legendary @ mopars in the park, and according to them I can only get upper door pads, dash etc. in black. I am not crazy about dyed parts, and would at least want to order all the parts from one supplier, already dyed if thats the way I have to go. Any advise.

Dino

BE/A has them in several colors:

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=35
http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=21

The upper door pads are supposedly more correct than Legendary's as well.  I'd get the bulk of the interior from Legendary or Dante's, but pads and armrests from BE/A.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Which is strange to me because you would think with Legendary's reputation in that field they would strive to make sure their armrest and door pads were as accurate as their seat covers.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2013, 12:17:05 PM
Which is strange to me because you would think with Legendary's reputation in that field they would strive to make sure their armrest and door pads were as accurate as their seat covers.

Yeah I thought about that.  Then again, they don't seem to care about the buttons popping off the 69 seats either.

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2013, 12:17:05 PM
Um yeah. The only thing they drilled into my head when I was looking at their door pads was that they were made in the USA and not "Taiwan junk". Literally, like a 15 minute rant. No one ever tried to impress me with how accurate they were. I haven't looked closely enough at the arm rests to form an opinion.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Sad.  No one likes losing that "only game in town" status I guess.

Dino

Despite those things, I still want them to do my seat covers.  They sent me a sample of leather for me to look at, I'd love to have full leather seat covers in the original pattern.  It'll cost me around $1500 but I think it's ll be worth it.

fizz

what gets me is that they advertise that they can do any thing you can dream up for a restomod. All I want is a factory looking 70 interior in a 68 or 69 red. The only things that wouldn't be a standard resto piece would be the front seat covers and the door panels