News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just arrived 1971 ,gold/green,white top,383 se

Started by brigond, January 10, 2013, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brigond

It arrived about 2 hours ago . I bought this car sight unseen . I always said I would never do that  but impulse got the best of me . Thank goodness it's a good clean solid car . This car was on eBay but ended early because I purchased it after directly calling the dealer . You can see it if you  goto eBay type in 1971 charger look in the completed listings section. I have not owned a Mopar since the eighties (68 charger). so I finally took the plunge . I still need to comb the car over . I paid less than the asking price. It's not perfect like the Chevy I just sold but it's in really decent shape . I had some leftover cash to help me  improve  beautiful car . I'm an official Mopar owner  now. Yes !
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

71_Charger_R/T

Congratulations! Very nice looking car!  The auction described it as "Green Go" exterior....... Looks to be more like "Light Gold Poly".  Welcome to the Charger world, I think you'll enjoy it. But be ready to get compliments everywhere you drive it. Do you have the car in your possession yet? Like to see more pics of it. Did you get it with the Rallye wheels as the auction stated?

TUFCAT

Sounds like a rare color combo. Congrats to you! :cheers: ...and welcome to our slightly disfunctional family! :2thumbs:  You'll love it here. :icon_smile_wink:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

I found it :cheers:  Looks tough... but oye the interior :P  Simply replacing the seat trim to original will help your car immensely.  It appears that you made a good deal on this one. :icon_smile_wink:

A solid, running, driving, big block Charger SE with a/c is a good find...even at 5X the asking price!  :icon_smile_cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-2-Door-Coupe-1971-dodge-charger-se-no-reserve-383-cid-v-8-auto-a-c-bucket-seats-/221173690438?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337efab046

brigond

Thank you.. yes I do have it . it did come with the ral ly rims which I prefer much better .new.  rubber and I noticed front disc brakes .The is decent and it looks good up close  but not as perfect as the pictures make it look .it does not appear to be slathered with bondo  , overall a very good start .
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

69Charger_440

Wow!!  :o  Nice Charger!!!!!!!!!  Interior is hard on the eyes, but man, great score!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

brigond

Yes the interior is a little tough on the eyes.  The wife and kids  were almost turned to stone when they first laid eyes on it .After looking at the car over and over it actually has be done to grow on .me . That doesn't mean I wouldnt prefer a black . Lol. I will live with it for now . if anyone notices anything  that does not belong please lend me your input .  Someone mentioned the seat trim not being original . What was in it then?  No offense  will be taken by any helpful criticism . The more I learn about the car the better .

69 OUR/TEA

Good score !!!!!! :cheers: Hope your transaction went well with this guy,I tried to follow up on 2 different cars last year that I was interested in,seems like he avoided me like the plague !!!!

brigond

I haven't had a chance to look at the codes yet .

TUFCAT

Quote from: brigond on January 10, 2013, 09:23:17 PM
if anyone notices anything  that does not belong please lend me your input .  Someone mentioned the seat trim not being original . What was in it then?  No offense  will be taken by any helpful criticism . The more I learn about the car the better .

More originality issues exist (if that's what you're looking for). For example, Charger SE bumpers were always chrome plated, and bulge hood with hood pins was not available.  All Charger SE's came with flat hoods regardless of engine option. Dual chrome slotted exhaust tips (with cutout rear valance) was available on SE models equipped w/Magnum engines if so ordered.  Your car is a real "WP29" SE according to the vin but its missing the SE chrome front valence panel trim, bumper reveal moldings, and decklid edge molding. Other minor "fixable" issues such as dash panel insert is missing its "Charger SE" emblem, nearly all exterior emblems are missing, and the air cleaner pie pan ID is wrong. Dodge pie pans were "magnum" not "commando" which was a Plymouth term. The fifth digit "N" is correct so it appears to be a pretty rare 1971 Charger SE 383-4bbl.  Please post a picture of the fender tag when you get a chance.  

By the way, that GY8 gold is a really nice color on this Charger!  :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

I like the exterior color heck even the vinyl top looks good but if it were mine personally I would pull the interior pieces and dye them black. Great looking 71!!! Congrats :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

polywideblock

very nice car love 71's  :2thumbs: welcome to the site the people here are very helpful :yesnod: Phil

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

General_01

:2thumbs:

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on January 10, 2013, 08:56:02 PM
Wow!!  :o  Nice Charger!!!!!!!!!  Interior is hard on the eyes, but man, great score!!

:iagree:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 10, 2013, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: brigond on January 10, 2013, 09:23:17 PM
if anyone notices anything  that does not belong please lend me your input .  Someone mentioned the seat trim not being original . What was in it then?  No offense  will be taken by any helpful criticism . The more I learn about the car the better .

More originality issues exist (if that's what you're looking for). For example, Charger SE bumpers were always chrome plated, and bulge hood with hood pins was not available.  All Charger SE's came with flat hoods regardless of engine option. Dual chrome slotted exhaust tips (with cutout rear valance) was available on SE models equipped w/Magnum engines if so ordered.  Your car is a real "WP29" SE according to the vin but its missing the SE chrome front valence panel trim, bumper reveal moldings, and decklid edge molding. Other minor "fixable" issues such as dash panel insert is missing its "Charger SE" emblem, nearly all exterior emblems are missing, and the air cleaner pie pan ID is wrong. Dodge pie pans were "magnum" not "commando" which was a Plymouth term. The fifth digit "N" is correct so it appears to be a pretty rare 1971 Charger SE 383-4bbl.  Please post a picture of the fender tag when you get a chance.  

By the way, that GY8 gold is a really nice color on this Charger!  :2thumbs:

Check out this great website.... :icon_smile_wink:

http://www.1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

ACUDANUT

JB400

Looks like you got a good deal so far :2thumbs:  My 69 had the same color combo from the factory as well.  No vinyl top though.  I hope it turns out as good in person as it does from the pix. :2thumbs:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 10, 2013, 11:18:09 PM
What wrong with this website. :shruggy:

whats wrong with the other one? LOL

GREAT SCORE!!! I think for less than the posted price with those pics is hard everything will go wrong!

I kinda like the combo interior!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

brigond

Thanks tuff cat and all the rest. I'm going check out more today if I get a chance. Original is what I prefer most of the time but not so much on this one. I wouldn't dare take off the bulge hood. I will look inter getting the missing emblems. I may re paint eventually but for now the paint is looking  pretty good even up close. 
I had a catalog for my ss impala that had every replacement part . Any catalog suggestions for after market reproduction parts for Chargers??

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

billfury

Nice score. The gold with white top looks real good together. The green interior is different. I don't ever think I seen this combo before witch makes me kind of like it. Good luck and welcome.

ACUDANUT