News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage Yard Tour with Pics

Started by Shakey, February 13, 2006, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Quote from: Telvis on February 13, 2006, 08:47:30 PM
I wish there were still yards like that around here. Nothing but newer stuff. :rotz:

Same here man, it's a shame.

MoparMotel

I live in Fresno...Turners auto wrecking?
1968 Dodge Charger

TruckDriver

Quote from: chrisII on February 13, 2006, 09:04:38 PM
i only know of one good yard like that in my general area (within an hour or so) its like 1/2 a mile from one of my x gfs moms and 2 brothers houses. the place has tons of really old stuff but its packed so closley on the place that you cant get to a car to pull parts off without walking over 20 others. i havnt ben there for like 6 years but when i went by a year ago nothing had changed. of corse its run by a guy whose like70 and seemed to be a bit quirky, but very nice guy as i recall after ya get to chattin with him. let me walk around the place for several hours. never did buy anything but did alot of looking. its mostly rotted to heck from WI and the fact that its sitting in dirt, but prices seemed reasonable

You must be talking about Vans Auto Salvage. I haven't been in there for years.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

ya' know shakey, Commons' is walking distance from SFO,..
  is that one wagon wheeled thing a Bugatti?.. a type 57, or a clone?..
  the other tig that really caught my eye was the pink/burgandy velvet rear seat in the cramao i wonder if it'll fit in my parade float?...
  Hummm?..   :icon_smile_wink:

The Ghoul

Quote from: Shakey on February 13, 2006, 01:31:50 PM
my luckiest find, the proper disc brake master cylinder for my '69.  Correct casting # and the lines coming out on the engine side.  I even scored the metering valve and proportioning valve also.
you are one nutty dude..... I love it!!

I now know how an animal rights activist feels at a meat packing plant.. I just want to save them all , but i know that cerntant sacrifices need to be made for the greater good...

still hurts  :'(

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on February 13, 2006, 09:56:25 PM
ya' know shakey, Commons' is walking distance from SFO,..
  is that one wagon wheeled thing a Bugatti?.. a type 57, or a clone?..
  the other tig that really caught my eye was the pink/burgandy velvet rear seat in the cramao i wonder if it'll fit in my parade float?...
  Hummm?..   :icon_smile_wink:

Not sure what that thing is.  I am sure that if you towed it outta there, bought a few cans of Pledge and some sandpaper, you might be able to fetch $40K USD at Barrett Jackson next January!

I'll check out Common's next time I am out that way.  Honestly, I don't think anything is "walking distance" from SFO.  And that goes for the parking garage and especially the rental car return garage.

You like the crushed velour rear seat huh!  Me too!  If I were wealthy enough to have all of my "serious" projects completed I would then have a couple of custom projects.  A "shaggin' wagon" van, decked out with a reel-to-reel, crushed velour interior, wall-to-wall shag carpet and a freaky paint job that only makes sense if you dropped a purple mini mite or a handful of mushrooms from the coast of BC!

PocketThunder

Quote from: chrisII on February 13, 2006, 09:04:38 PM
i only know of one good yard like that in my general area (within an hour or so) its like 1/2 a mile from one of my x gfs moms and 2 brothers houses. the place has tons of really old stuff but its packed so closley on the place that you cant get to a car to pull parts off without walking over 20 others. i havnt ben there for like 6 years but when i went by a year ago nothing had changed. of corse its run by a guy whose like70 and seemed to be a bit quirky, but very nice guy as i recall after ya get to chattin with him. let me walk around the place for several hours. never did buy anything but did alot of looking. its mostly rotted to heck from WI and the fact that its sitting in dirt, but prices seemed reasonable

Where in WI?  i am from there.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dodge Don

Good stuff Mike. Thanks for the leads for the 70 Registry  :2thumbs:

ChargerHound69

Turners Auto Wrecking is a hugh yard.  You didn't even get to the thousands of complete cars that he has spread out around the area. 

He is kind of high on the price for everything I needed, but he has alot of stuff.

Shakey

Quote from: ChargerHound69 on February 15, 2006, 01:15:42 AM
Turners Auto Wrecking is a hugh yard.  You didn't even get to the thousands of complete cars that he has spread out around the area. 

He is kind of high on the price for everything I needed, but he has alot of stuff.

Well posts some pics man!

dodgeboy67

am i the only person who looks at these cars and says to myself,,wow ill bet this car has a story or two????????or  damn, wonder how that happened?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on February 15, 2006, 06:01:55 PM
am i the only person who looks at these cars and says to myself,,wow ill bet this car has a story or two????????or  damn, wonder how that happened?
Nope, I do it all the time.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Me too!

My Father used to own a 60 acre salvage yard about an hour East of Toronto.  Spent lots of time in the yard learning and exploring as I grew up.  I used to look at a car and think to myself, at one point this car was brand new and some guy / gal pulled into the driveway for the very first time just beaming with pride as the family and friends came out to see it. 

nh_mopar_fan

Nope. You are not alone. I do think that with almost every old car I see. There is a story on every one of them.

Nupe

Same here.  Wish those old warriors could tell the stories.

Am I the only one that likes that old car, musty smell.  Especially with the 50's and older stuff that used cloth with the interior?   ???

'79 Lil'Red Express.

ChargerHound69

I would like to post pictures, but he has them all fenced in.  >:(

dodgeboy67

Quote from: Nupe on February 15, 2006, 10:26:06 PM
Same here.  Wish those old warriors could tell the stories.

Am I the only one that likes that old car, musty smell.  Especially with the 50's and older stuff that used cloth with the interior?   ???

nope it is a good smell......but it appears that mopars have a smell of their own,,,,,,,,

MoparMotel

Just an update on this salvage yard- was there 2 weeks ago looking at a 67' 440 he was selling and he was telling me i guess last year they had a fire and burned down the main office. After that the owner was thinking about closing down the yard and crushed hundreds of classic cars. Went there and drove around and there are still some classics but most of them were crushed  :brickwall:
1968 Dodge Charger

mopar_man

What happened to all the Mopars that the late ron slobe had at R&R Salvage in Verona , Mo?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: mopar_man on October 28, 2012, 06:40:27 PM
What happened to all the Mopars that the late ron slobe had at R&R Salvage in Verona , Mo?

They had some big sales.  But whatever hulks remained that were worth anything.  Went to Mopar City in Oregon, IL.

Ryan

HOTROD

Some guy bought all the mopars lives in Arnold,Mo.  no bs and he is hording well he might not live there know !! I think he is on here !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

67tbird

hey Hotrod, are you talking about Clay and Sons out of Catawissa Mo? He helped me alot with parts and info for my 72, really nice guy who doesn't crush anything, he has about 40 acres of Mopar parts. He races as Maxattack.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 67tbird on October 29, 2012, 01:22:42 AM
hey Hotrod, are you talking about Clay and Sons out of Catawissa Mo? He helped me alot with parts and info for my 72, really nice guy who doesn't crush anything, he has about 40 acres of Mopar parts. He races as Maxattack.

I think you're talking to me....lol....

Yeah I'm friend with clay and his family.  I have intentions to come down there this December when all the plants are dead.

67tbird

Plants, chiggers, n snakes, welcome to MO!!

JB400

Quote from: 67tbird on October 30, 2012, 10:26:42 PM
Plants, chiggers, n snakes, welcome to MO!!
Gotta love it :2thumbs: Moskeeters can go in there as well.