News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle Magazine...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, January 09, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

...Is out of their fucking minds if they think I'm actually going to pay $44.97 for one year.

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Cooter

Come on now Daytona R/T SE, Randy has to pay for those Project builds like the Blue '70 Super Bee somehow? :hah:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Daytona R/T SE

The "Urgent Renewal Alert" I got today says...

"Act Now"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's the only way to kick-start these POWERFUL savings"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'd HATE to have to say "GOOD-BYE" to you, Chris"...

Yeah, OK...

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

tan top

is that how much it is now   :o ,  stopped getting all mopar mags a few years back  ,  cause was showing too much  modern stuff  , (  no offence modern mopar muscle owners  :cheers:  :coolgleamA: )
  was getting withdrawal symptoms , thinking of getting  one  again  or both   :scratchchin:   may be just mopar action  :yesnod: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TheAutoArchaeologist

JB400

I just read them at the grocery store.  It beats having them sit around at home in the way and I can buy the issues that I really want to have.  I don't subscribe to anything, they come with too much junkmail asking you to renew even after you just renewed you subscription.

Indygenerallee

I don't subscribe/buy any magazines anymore, I find out more just on the different forums and find out faster.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

PA Dodger

Yeah, but if they tell you $45 now, think how great you'll feel when they tell you they'll give it to you for $29.99. Wow they'll be saving you tons of money! My favorite trick of theirs is sending me a renewal notice after right I renew it. I better hurry and renew because my it could be my last issue. When I call to confirm my renewal they say" Oh yeah, I see that right here."  :rotz: ::)
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Devil on January 09, 2013, 06:51:48 PM
Here it is for $30.

https://www.circsource.com/store/storemagazinedescription.html?magId=101

Here is it for 29.97

https://circsource.com/store/Subscribe.html?magazineId=101&sourceCode=I0FNBN

I saw a sale recently for like $15 a year.  Hot Rod was $8

Yeah... That's great...but after 20 years or so subscribing to this rag I shouldn't have to shop around for the best price.

polywideblock

don't foget to double that price for us poor slobs onthe other side of the pond! :brickwall:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

greenpigs

Save your money and just visit a couple different sites. :Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

GPULLER

Yep every time I get a renewal in the mail I say "no F'n way" and throw it in the garbage.  Then a few weeks later I get an email offer of $15 and renew.  Really not impressed with the mag anymore.  Should get Muscle Car Review instead.
Wife got a NookHD for Christmas, thought about subscribing digitally, that way wont have a shit ton of magazines laying around.

RECHRGD

I dropped them several years ago because of that crap.  I would only renew when my subscription was just about up.  By that time, the price was about a third of what they were trying to get me to pay earlier.  They get desperate for more subscriptions, as the prices they can charge for advertisements goes up or down depending on their readership numbers......
13.53 @ 105.32

TUFCAT

Mopar Muscle is the worst....and right behind MCG which is slowly dying. That's really unfortunate because MCG was the best for a long time. It's a shame when a magazine loses touch with its home base. You just can't be everything to everyone. 

polywideblock

any of you guys seen the Aussie version "chrysler action"? not quite  up to us mag standard but close phil

1974dodgecharger

Forum is better for info.

Then again we should not give people ideas soon folks might charge for memberships to forums.  ;)

Cooter

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 10, 2013, 03:25:52 AM
Forum is better for info.

Then again we should not give people ideas soon folks might charge for memberships to forums.  ;)

Oh it's coming..Right now it's still on a "Volunatary" basis, but a few of the other boards I'm on are already doing this. Tis true, it's "only" around $20-$25.00/year, but still. Nothing's free, and if it IS free, it ain't for long.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger Downunder

Mopar Action costs me $13.95 an issue in Australia, cant find Mopar Muscle anymore in our shops.
[/quote]

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 09, 2013, 10:50:49 PM
Mopar Muscle is the worst....and right behind MCG which is slowly dying. That's really unfortunate because MCG was the best for a long time. It's a shame when a magazine loses touch with its home base. You just can't be everything to everyone. 

:iagree:

Got my renewal in the mail last week. Strange, I paid for a 2-year subscription renewal not even a year ago.  :scratchchin: :brickwall:

I dunno if MCG is "dying", but I wholeheartedly agree they lost touch with their home base. If I wanted to read the Enquirer, I would.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

polywideblock

both mopar muscle and mopar action are 12.00 here on east coast supply is sketchy at best. i subscribe! :2thumbs:

JB400

:2thumbs: for MA this month.  Great layout on the feature cars.  No more flipping front to back to read one feature article :woohoo:  Great coverage on the Daytona, Hemi Challenger and SRT RR :drool5:

F8-4life

Sounds like you guys missed the boat... I got  1yr of hotrod, car craft, and mopar muscle for around $30 total when they were running the $8 holidy deal.

Aero426

Even my local newspaper, I have to let it expire and wait for a "come on back" offer to get the best deal.

I just extended my Hot Rod subscription for THREE years at $25.   I like some of the stuff they have regardless of make. 

Moparparts

Dropped my subscription quite a few years ago. Was asked to have my car photographed for the magazine and had to take it down town to the old barn. It was a rotisserie restored car and it had rained so i did have to do a lot of cleaning to it afterward which was no big deal. I had vendor spots at the time i had to leave for almost 2 hours and then spent a lot of time writing up the history about the car and submitting all the info as requested. I did receive some neg slides in the mail and was told it would be in the magazine which to this day never happened. The part that really sucked was the friends i told and even a previous owner who renewed his subscription just to see it never happen. I still hear about it from them! I kept getting the magazine for a while after it first happened and was consistently seeing cars in the mag that where not even close to the quality or rarity of mine (not saying that mine is perfect either or the rarest) Never again i lost a lot of sales from my vendor spot and wasted a lot of time, lesson learned!

fc7_plumcrazy

I just have MCG in subscription

Carsten