News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Biden is meeting with the NRA today, This will be interesting...............

Started by skip68, January 09, 2013, 12:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Lots of talk going on about gun control.  We've been talking about it here and it's really going to become heated in the next few weeks for us Americans.   :rotz:   NY Governor even mentioned confiscations in a radio interview.   :rotz:   Pay close attention my fellow Americans, I think it's going to get ugly.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

sunfire69

Yes considering this is what he said about HIS gun

and here is what the new gun Czar says about gun control in 08 when he wanted to be president

"I guarantee you Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey... [d]on't buy that malarkey. They're going to start peddling that to you," Biden declared to a Virginia crowd. "If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem."

THAT is the vice President of the United States.....

http://savejersey.com/2012/12/gun-control-czar-biden-loves-beretta-video/

skip68

I think we are about to witness another fine example of political pressure and influence.   I think we are going see the biggest fight we've ever had as a nation over gun control.    Mark my words, I think it's gonna get nasty.     :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Old Moparz

Don't worry, you can always make your own.

(I guess facts are irrelevant in panic mode.)

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obama/
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

skip68

Old Moparz

Quote from: skip68 on January 09, 2013, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 09, 2013, 01:15:26 PM
Don't worry, you can always make your own.

(I guess facts are irrelevant in panic mode.)

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obama/

Thanks Bob, good reading.   :cheers:

I was a member of the NRA many years ago & felt that it stood for a good cause. (I still do to an extent) This was probably around 1980 to about 1982 if I recall. I let my membership expire back then for two main reasons. One, I was in college & had to decide what to cut back on with any expenses I had, & two, I was sick & tired of getting dozens & dozens of mailings from the NRA begging for money above & beyond what I thought was reasonable. I'm not exaggerating, there were 2 to 3 mailers every month with scare tactics.

Now they have a budget in the 10's of millions for campaign ads? Bullshit, to me that's like being panhandled by someone in an Armani suit leaning up against his Rolls.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 12:20:11 PM
Should we lock this now or when everyone is pissed off?

Everyone should be pissed off that they are even considering something like this. If you are willing to give your guns up when they come this time, what are you going to defend yourself with the next time they come to take something?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

Its more smoke and mirrors to take your mind off the greater threat which is Government overspending.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dino

Quote from: Tilar on January 09, 2013, 02:03:59 PM

Everyone should be pissed off that they are even considering something like this. If you are willing to give your guns up when they come this time, what are you going to defend yourself with the next time they come to take something?

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

I grew up in Europe where the gun laws are quite different and the way things are going here are beyond insane. 

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want?

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws.  Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it.  In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  You guys are way too emotional about this crap. 

Tilar

You summed it up right with these 4 words: "You cannot control criminals".... which makes me wonder why someone would think they need to "control" the average American? They just need to look at Chicago to see an entire America with gun control.
Dave  

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, Personal protection or not, we have a constitution for a reason. there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

I grew up in Europe where the gun laws are quite different and the way things are going here are beyond insane.This is not europe, and I don't want it to be, or I'd go live in europe. 

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want? I want the government and the rest of American to stay the hell out of my business.  The second amendment is not, has not ever been, and will never be about "sport".

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Tilar

Dave  

charge69

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 02:27:34 PM

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, Personal protection or not, we have a constitution for a reason. there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

I grew up in Europe where the gun laws are quite different and the way things are going here are beyond insane.This is not europe, and I don't want it to be, or I'd go live in europe. 

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want? I want the government and the rest of American to stay the hell out of my business.  The second amendment is not, has not ever been, and will never be about "sport".

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

Wow debate facts huh? Yeah you guys are real good about that.   ::)

Fine, I'm not going to argue, have it your way.

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:05:18 PM

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

Awesomely vague answer, thanks!

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

What the fuck is your problem man? 

Dino

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

I don't want this thread going south guys.   :pity:   I see radicals on both sides of the fence but most are level headed I think.   Either way, this is something that we need to be fallowing and on top of.    :yesnod:  

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:09:44 PM

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, Personal protection or not, we have a constitution for a reason. there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want? I want the government and the rest of American to stay the hell out of my business.  The second amendment is not, has not ever been, and will never be about "sport".

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

Wow debate facts huh? Yeah you guys are real good about that.   ::)

Look, I don't have a problem with you personally, but when you come into a thread and talk about how gun owners in the US are crazy and what have you then I expect you to have something to back it up.

If you can't back it up, then I'm not the one with the problem.

I ask you to come with some facts for debate, you respond as a smart-ass, and then whip out the cuss words when i call you on that also.

All that aside, I thought you weren't going to come back to this thread?

What's your problem, man?

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 03:18:07 PM

Look, I don't have a problem with you personally, but when you come into a thread and talk about how gun owners in the US are crazy and what have you then I expect you to have something to back it up.

I ask you to come with some facts for debate, you respond as a smart-ass, and then whip out the cuss words when i call you on that also.

Dammit I need to learn how to type faster...

First of all, I apologize to you personally, I was out of line.  I'm at work and we just had an issue with a patient, I should not have attacked you like that, but it's no excuse so I'm sorry.

I would not mind debating this with you but I'm not sure it'll go anywhere.  I don't think all gun owners are crazy, got them myself (although I may be crazy).  My point is that nothing here is black and white and we shouldn't start yelling off with their heads until we know what the heck is going on, which we really do not.

I understand people are frustrated with the government, I think this started in the middle ages somewhere and it's not going to change I'm sure. 

Anyway, sorry for my dumbass posts.  Skippie I'll be a good boy now.

I'll just stick to car related stuff.

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

First of all, I apologize to you personally, I was out of line.  I'm at work and we just had an issue with a patient, I should not have attacked you like that, but it's no excuse so I'm sorry.

I would not mind debating this with you but I'm not sure it'll go anywhere.  I don't think all gun owners are crazy, got them myself (although I may be crazy).  My point is that nothing here is black and white and we shouldn't start yelling off with their heads until we know what the heck is going on, which we really do not.

I understand people are frustrated with the government, I think this started in the middle ages somewhere and it's not going to change I'm sure. 

Apology accepted.  If I offended you then I also apologize.  I hope your patient is ok, truly.  Also, you're probably right about a debate going nowhere. :pity:

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 03:26:40 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

Apology accepted.  If I offended you then I also apologize.  I hope your patient is ok, truly.  Also, you're probably right about a debate going nowhere. :pity:

Nah man, you don't need to apologize, I know when I'm in the wrong.  No hard feelings.

Unfortunately things went south here but I can't say more.  Very ticked off right now.