News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Biden is meeting with the NRA today, This will be interesting...............

Started by skip68, January 09, 2013, 12:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Lots of talk going on about gun control.  We've been talking about it here and it's really going to become heated in the next few weeks for us Americans.   :rotz:   NY Governor even mentioned confiscations in a radio interview.   :rotz:   Pay close attention my fellow Americans, I think it's going to get ugly.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

sunfire69

Yes considering this is what he said about HIS gun

and here is what the new gun Czar says about gun control in 08 when he wanted to be president

"I guarantee you Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey... [d]on't buy that malarkey. They're going to start peddling that to you," Biden declared to a Virginia crowd. "If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem."

THAT is the vice President of the United States.....

http://savejersey.com/2012/12/gun-control-czar-biden-loves-beretta-video/

skip68

I think we are about to witness another fine example of political pressure and influence.   I think we are going see the biggest fight we've ever had as a nation over gun control.    Mark my words, I think it's gonna get nasty.     :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Old Moparz

Don't worry, you can always make your own.

(I guess facts are irrelevant in panic mode.)

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obama/
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

skip68

Old Moparz

Quote from: skip68 on January 09, 2013, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 09, 2013, 01:15:26 PM
Don't worry, you can always make your own.

(I guess facts are irrelevant in panic mode.)

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obama/

Thanks Bob, good reading.   :cheers:

I was a member of the NRA many years ago & felt that it stood for a good cause. (I still do to an extent) This was probably around 1980 to about 1982 if I recall. I let my membership expire back then for two main reasons. One, I was in college & had to decide what to cut back on with any expenses I had, & two, I was sick & tired of getting dozens & dozens of mailings from the NRA begging for money above & beyond what I thought was reasonable. I'm not exaggerating, there were 2 to 3 mailers every month with scare tactics.

Now they have a budget in the 10's of millions for campaign ads? Bullshit, to me that's like being panhandled by someone in an Armani suit leaning up against his Rolls.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 12:20:11 PM
Should we lock this now or when everyone is pissed off?

Everyone should be pissed off that they are even considering something like this. If you are willing to give your guns up when they come this time, what are you going to defend yourself with the next time they come to take something?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

Its more smoke and mirrors to take your mind off the greater threat which is Government overspending.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dino

Quote from: Tilar on January 09, 2013, 02:03:59 PM

Everyone should be pissed off that they are even considering something like this. If you are willing to give your guns up when they come this time, what are you going to defend yourself with the next time they come to take something?

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

I grew up in Europe where the gun laws are quite different and the way things are going here are beyond insane. 

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want?

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws.  Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it.  In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  You guys are way too emotional about this crap. 

Tilar

You summed it up right with these 4 words: "You cannot control criminals".... which makes me wonder why someone would think they need to "control" the average American? They just need to look at Chicago to see an entire America with gun control.
Dave  

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, Personal protection or not, we have a constitution for a reason. there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

I grew up in Europe where the gun laws are quite different and the way things are going here are beyond insane.This is not europe, and I don't want it to be, or I'd go live in europe. 

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want? I want the government and the rest of American to stay the hell out of my business.  The second amendment is not, has not ever been, and will never be about "sport".

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Tilar

Dave  

charge69

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 02:27:34 PM

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, Personal protection or not, we have a constitution for a reason. there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

I grew up in Europe where the gun laws are quite different and the way things are going here are beyond insane.This is not europe, and I don't want it to be, or I'd go live in europe. 

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want? I want the government and the rest of American to stay the hell out of my business.  The second amendment is not, has not ever been, and will never be about "sport".

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

Wow debate facts huh? Yeah you guys are real good about that.   ::)

Fine, I'm not going to argue, have it your way.

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:05:18 PM

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

Awesomely vague answer, thanks!

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

What the fuck is your problem man? 

Dino

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

I don't want this thread going south guys.   :pity:   I see radicals on both sides of the fence but most are level headed I think.   Either way, this is something that we need to be fallowing and on top of.    :yesnod:  

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:09:44 PM

Considering what?  Nobody is planning to take away guns for personal protection, Personal protection or not, we have a constitution for a reason. there's a whole lot of speculation going around but little facts.

Bottom line: respectful, law abiding citizens will always be able to use a gun to protect themselves or for sport.  What more do you want? I want the government and the rest of American to stay the hell out of my business.  The second amendment is not, has not ever been, and will never be about "sport".

You cannot control criminals but you can make the average household a bit safer when you have strict laws. Safer how?  You're more likely to be killed by a hammer in this country than a firearm - look it up - where's the hammer bans? Unfortunately, much of this gun bs would be avoided if people would think about the consequences before acting.  Who in his right mind would leave a gun in an unlocked drawer where kids have access?  Not many do this.  Don't make things up.And what kind of a mother buys weapons for her mentally ill son that got denied said weapons?  Where did you read she bought them for him?  They were hers.It's things like that that need changing.

I'm not going into sometug of war over guns here btw, I really don't have the energy for it. It's not that you don't have the energy for it, you just don't want to debate the facts. In fact I'm going to take this thread off my watch list as nothing good will come out of it.  Good Idea.You guys are way too emotional about this crap.  To you it may be crap, but welcome to the USA, we care about this "crap".

Wow debate facts huh? Yeah you guys are real good about that.   ::)

Look, I don't have a problem with you personally, but when you come into a thread and talk about how gun owners in the US are crazy and what have you then I expect you to have something to back it up.

If you can't back it up, then I'm not the one with the problem.

I ask you to come with some facts for debate, you respond as a smart-ass, and then whip out the cuss words when i call you on that also.

All that aside, I thought you weren't going to come back to this thread?

What's your problem, man?

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 03:18:07 PM

Look, I don't have a problem with you personally, but when you come into a thread and talk about how gun owners in the US are crazy and what have you then I expect you to have something to back it up.

I ask you to come with some facts for debate, you respond as a smart-ass, and then whip out the cuss words when i call you on that also.

Dammit I need to learn how to type faster...

First of all, I apologize to you personally, I was out of line.  I'm at work and we just had an issue with a patient, I should not have attacked you like that, but it's no excuse so I'm sorry.

I would not mind debating this with you but I'm not sure it'll go anywhere.  I don't think all gun owners are crazy, got them myself (although I may be crazy).  My point is that nothing here is black and white and we shouldn't start yelling off with their heads until we know what the heck is going on, which we really do not.

I understand people are frustrated with the government, I think this started in the middle ages somewhere and it's not going to change I'm sure. 

Anyway, sorry for my dumbass posts.  Skippie I'll be a good boy now.

I'll just stick to car related stuff.

lisiecki1

Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

First of all, I apologize to you personally, I was out of line.  I'm at work and we just had an issue with a patient, I should not have attacked you like that, but it's no excuse so I'm sorry.

I would not mind debating this with you but I'm not sure it'll go anywhere.  I don't think all gun owners are crazy, got them myself (although I may be crazy).  My point is that nothing here is black and white and we shouldn't start yelling off with their heads until we know what the heck is going on, which we really do not.

I understand people are frustrated with the government, I think this started in the middle ages somewhere and it's not going to change I'm sure. 

Apology accepted.  If I offended you then I also apologize.  I hope your patient is ok, truly.  Also, you're probably right about a debate going nowhere. :pity:

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 09, 2013, 03:26:40 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 09, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

Apology accepted.  If I offended you then I also apologize.  I hope your patient is ok, truly.  Also, you're probably right about a debate going nowhere. :pity:

Nah man, you don't need to apologize, I know when I'm in the wrong.  No hard feelings.

Unfortunately things went south here but I can't say more.  Very ticked off right now.

skip68

You're right Dino, we don't know all the facts.   :yesnod:   I agree with that.  We'll see what happens.  

Dino

Quote from: skip68 on January 09, 2013, 03:29:30 PM
You're right Dino, we don't know all the facts.   :yesnod:   I agree with that.  We'll see what happens.  

Yeah we will, I still wouldn't worry too much either.  This is not the first time this happened.

mrsskip68

Great read! BTW: we have a chat area that could be used as a debate area if so desired.  :shruggy: There is no locking in there.  :2thumbs: Just an idea for future debate type issues.  ;)

oldgold69

NHCharger

What bothered me was Biden's comment that Obama is considering an executive order on this gun ban BS, which would bypass a vote by congress and become law.
As mentioned earlier Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and look at their Murder rate for last year.
If you look at the people that committed these mass murders over the last ten to fifteen years, every one had some type of mental problem AND was on medication or had stopped taking their meds.
Timothy McVeigh KILLED 168 people including 19 children and injured over 500 with one homemade bomb. If someone is determined to commit mass murder they will find a way, even if all guns are banned.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

skip68

Yes, the executive order can be something very upseting to most gun owners.

JB400

I believe Congress can overturn an executive order IF you can all get them to agree on it.

skip68

All I know is if he does an executive order (depending on what it is) things may get real heated real quick.   :-\

JB400

I think it wouldn't get heated, I think it'd turn ugly. I hope we never find out.

Todd Wilson

redmist

first off anyone who is trying to argue for banning an object that is already %99.994 safe is a mouth breather... Just stop already, it's dumb. We don't give up our rights because %0.00317 were killed by guns. PLEASE take note that this stat includes those killed by people using a firearm for self defense. (Some of these people needed killin) Of all deaths, %68 were from guns, the rest are other stuff, hammers, fists, pushings.... you get it. ZOMG! ASSAULT RIFLE CLIP BANNANA MAGS OF DOOM GUNS!! make up only %3 of that %0.00317 yet this is the focus?

Come on folks, get real!

*But redmist, why do you need that assault gun hose bullet clip of doom? Nobody NEEDS that!!*

First off, it's a Bill of rights, not a Bill of needs.

Second off, it says I can have it, and each and everyone one of you (between the ages of 17 and 45 sorry old guys, pound sand) are part of the Unorganized Militia to this day as per 10 USC CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA                             01/03/2012 (112-90)
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/10C13.txt

" (b) The classes of the militia are -
       (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
     and the Naval Militia; and
       (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
     the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
     Naval Militia
."

So NO, Well regulated Does not mean the National Guard, we still to this day have an Unorganized Militia. Pierce Morgar, I am talking to you, put down the tea and crumpets and start reading.

*But I have to wait to buy sudafed and imported cheese, why cant you compromise on guns?*

Guess what, you lost that battle, if you were so worried about losing your cheese rights, you should have made a big deal about it when the government made it such, but you didn't so you lost it. See how that works? The fact the government is regulating Cheese.... Lightbulbs, toilets, paint, clothing, fuel, transportation, buildings, roads, electronics, transmission waves, carpet, lumber, water, rivers, lakes,... this list keeps going and going. Honestly take a look around you right now, every single object around you government has touched in some way. So yes, you lost your damn cheese. Should have joint the National Cheese Association and tried to make a difference.

*but redmist, we are not taking away your guns, you can still have one to hunt*

See that list above??  Bullshit, If they can take your damn cheese, they can for sure make a case to take our guns, so don't give me that load.

If you want to take guns away, ratify the constitution as needed and shut up about it, but until you get 2/3 of the house and the senate, and 3/4 of all the states to comply for ratification leave me the hell alone please!

Rant off.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

redmist

As far as the Executive order, he can't issue an EO that is against the constitution. it must be attached to a Bill, The house can simply defund that bill if need be.

What he can do by EO is change importation regulations. I think this is what you are going to see happen. So no more Mil-Surp  Ammo, or imported magazines, pistols, shotguns, and the likes.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Mike DC

The forces that control our society don't give a flying f*ck about the public having guns.  Seriously.  It's like abortion, mainly used as a wedge issue.  Those in power might restrict something in an attempt to appease somebody or buy votes.  But not because they have any fear of an armed public.  

What are we gonna do with a bunch of pistols & rifles?  Form local militias and overthrow the govt like the 2nd amendment intended?  Right.  The local militias are short a few stealth planes, nuclear weapons, and spy satellites.  We still have 2nd amendment rights because armed individuals ceased to be a military threat a century ago.

---------------------------

We will basically retain our gun rights until some huge corporation/industry gets financially motivated to take them away.  Then we will lose everything no matter how much we fight it.

kab69440

Quote from: redmist on January 10, 2013, 12:52:38 AM
As far as the Executive order, he can't issue an EO that is against the constitution. it must be attached to a Bill, The house can simply defund that bill if need be.

What he can do by EO is change importation regulations. I think this is what you are going to see happen. So no more Mil-Surp  Ammo, or imported magazines, pistols, shotguns, and the likes.

Every single piece if gun control legislation that has been passed so far goes against the Constitution. Income taxes were deemed illegal, yet we pay them every week.  The laundry list of illegal laws in this country knows no end. No one in Washington gives a crap about the Constitution and they need to answer for it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

sunfire69

I guess the media over looked this....it's no fun when an honest person uses a gun to stop a gunman...I know it's an old story...but fact is this approch works...until there is a fundemental shift in the mentality of this generation we are forced to defend ourselves more and more...

http://tnsmartgirl.com/2013/01/06/school-shooting-in-tennessee-that-national-media-did-not-report/

lisiecki1

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 10, 2013, 02:59:33 AM

The forces that control our society don't give a flying f*ck about the public having guns.  Seriously.  It's like abortion, mainly used as a wedge issue.  Those in power might restrict something in an attempt to appease somebody or buy votes.  But not because they have any fear of an armed public.  

What are we gonna do with a bunch of pistols & rifles?  Form local militias and overthrow the govt like the 2nd amendment intended?  Right.  The local militias are short a few stealth planes, nuclear weapons, and spy satellites.  We still have 2nd amendment rights because armed individuals ceased to be a military threat a century ago. I'll see your bad ass military and raise you a bunch of goat herders living in caves and a whole slew of people of asian decent living in tunnels.  There is a lot of power in the simple idea of believing in what you are fighting for.

---------------------------

We will basically retain our gun rights until some huge corporation/industry gets financially motivated to take them away.  Then we will lose everything no matter how much we fight it.

skip68

Let's not forget that this militia will have millions of members already in the government and armed services.   Hypothetical of course.    :icon_smile_wink:

HPP

112,000 people in the US die every year as a result of chronic issues of obesity. Yet somehow I never hear about anyone suggesting we ban hamburgers.

By comparison, depending on the source, around 30,000 in the US die annually from gunshot wounds, whether it be homocide, suicide, or accidents, and the vast majority of those are suicides.

With those figures, you are 26% more likely to die from hamburgers than a gunshot. The problem is death by hamburger is slow and takes decades so no one pays attention to it. Guns only take a second, are loud, and frightening to teh uneducated. They get lots of attention.

Cooter

Quote from: HPP on January 10, 2013, 10:41:15 AM
112,000 people in the US die every year as a result of chronic issues of obesity. Yet somehow I never hear about anyone suggesting we ban hamburgers.
By comparison, depending on the source, around 30,000 in the US die annually from gunshot wounds, whether it be homocide, suicide, or accidents, and the vast majority of those are suicides.
With those figures, you are 26% more likely to die from hamburgers than a gunshot. The problem is death by hamburger is slow and takes decades so no one pays attention to it. Guns only take a second, are loud, and frightening to teh uneducated. They get lots of attention.
Agreed...
Only if Toddlers died from hamburgers and suicide, would there be a knee jerk ban....And even at that, these are still done by choice. Now if a Hamburger came running down the street and ran over toddlers, that would be different of course.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

QuoteI'll see your bad ass military and raise you a bunch of goat herders living in caves and a whole slew of people of asian decent living in tunnels.  There is a lot of power in the simple idea of believing in what you are fighting for.

The goat herders living in caves only killed a few thousand people.  And they got vast majority of those deaths by dumb luck.  It was public knowledge that the WTC buildings were originally engineered not to fall from airliner strikes.  There was no reason for Bin Laden to think the plane strikes would bring them down like that.  

If you count the number of deaths that Bin Laden could have reasonably expected to cause with that plan, it's in the hundreds.  Not exactly a force to overthrow the US govt with.  I think something like a thousand Americans have died from lighting in storms during the last 10 years.    

I'll grant you that SE Asia caused us some real trouble.  But I still don't think that situation is very comparable to civil unrest in the USA.

Troy

Quote from: HPP on January 10, 2013, 10:41:15 AM

To clarify, it looks like your math is wrong: you are 4 times (400%) more likely to die from hamburgers - more if you include choking (26% would only be about 37,800 hamburger deaths).

There are just under 4 million people born each year in this country. How many of them become mass murderers (guns or otherwise)?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

skip68

bull

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 09, 2013, 07:47:00 PM
Biden is a dope and always will bem but now he's officially a creep...............

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/04/Biden-Tells-Freshman-Democratic-Senator-To-Spread-Her-Legs

Creeper Joe? Yea, that's what these guys were thinking too. It's pretty bad when you can freak a biker out.

HPP

Quote from: Troy on January 10, 2013, 01:26:15 PM
To clarify, it looks like your math is wrong: you are 4 times (400%) more likely to die from hamburgers - more if you include choking (26% would only be about 37,800 hamburger deaths).

There are just under 4 million people born each year in this country. How many of them become mass murderers (guns or otherwise)?

Troy

Thank you for the correction.

Quote from: bull on January 10, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

Creeper Joe? Yea, that's what these guys were thinking too. It's pretty bad when you can freak a biker out.

yeah, goes right along with his blatent oogling and snide remarks in congress.

Mike DC

Biden, Cheney, Palin, Quail, Edwards . . . there are usually good reasons why VP candidates were not in the running for the big seat.

Indygenerallee

QuoteBiden, Cheney, Palin, Quail, Edwards . . . there are usually good reasons why VP candidates were not in the running for the big seat
Yeah they did not give enough kickbacks..
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Tilar

But not because they have any fear of an armed public.  

That lack of fear can be changed.

What are we gonna do with a bunch of pistols & rifles?  Form local militias and overthrow the govt like the 2nd amendment intended?  Right.  The local militias are short a few stealth planes, nuclear weapons, and spy satellites.  We still have 2nd amendment rights because armed individuals ceased to be a military threat a century ago.

Obama doesn't have stealth planes,  nuclear weapons, or spy satellites either unless he can talk the military into following his treasonous ways, which would go against the oath they swore to keep.

Dave  

bull

From the NRA's Facebook page:

"The NRA attended today's White House meeting prepared to have a meaningful conversation. We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not."

skip68

Executive order is coming.    :rotz:   Time to liquidate "on paper" anything that might be banned and become a felony.  In the history of executive orders only 2 have been overturned.   Not looking good.   :rotz:

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

JB400

I have a feeling nothing will come out in the open until after the inauguration in a couple weeks. :-\

Mike DC

QuoteThat lack of fear can be changed.

Theoretically, yes.  Just like we could theoretically boycott Chinese products and bring manufacturing back to the USA.  But I'm not holding my breath for either one.  

Personal firearms pose no real threat to the modern US govt.  That is the only reason we're still allowed to have them.  I wanna keep them legal as much as the next guy, but I don't think they have military or political power anymore.  

QuoteObama doesn't have stealth planes,  nuclear weapons, or spy satellites either unless he can talk the military into following his treasonous ways, which would go against the oath they swore to keep.

And I'm sure you were just as bothered when a conservative president was doing treasonous things a few years ago.  It's the principle of hurting the country that bothers you, not who is doing it.    

Tilar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 11, 2013, 12:41:12 AM
QuoteObama doesn't have stealth planes,  nuclear weapons, or spy satellites either unless he can talk the military into following his treasonous ways, which would go against the oath they swore to keep.

And I'm sure you were just as bothered when a conservative president was doing treasonous things a few years ago.  It's the principle of hurting the country that bothers you, not who is doing it.    

I'm not sure what you're referring to. What treasonous things by what conservative president?

Regardless of who it is, the second amendment is the line in the sand for the vast majority. It's just a matter of organization.
Dave  

sunfire69

the next few months/year will bring some big changes...being vocal and on the radar will be a bad idea....decide now what you plan to do.....and do it quietly....if you want to keep your gun hiding it in the attic won't work.....just sayn....

skip68

:scratchchin:   I've thought about what I would do if our guns and mags became illegal.   I WILL NOT VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER THEM AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP THEM IN A SAFE PLACE.   :icon_smile_wink:    SO, i GUESS THAT MEANS I MAY BECOME A FELON.    :shruggy:   Now, if for some freak chance local law (police or other) come for them I WILL NOT END UP IN A GUN FIGHT SHOOTING AT THEM.    :nono:   If they can find them they can have them.  I will not lower my barrel and take aim at any peace officer because I feel my rights have been violated.   :rotz:  This is not a war and I'm not at war with my country/state.    

JB400

:icon_smile_wink: What is your excuse about all the landmines that you buried in the yard?  :rofl:

bull

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 10, 2013, 08:46:27 PM
Quote from: bull on January 10, 2013, 07:50:35 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/10/16449815-911-tape-shoot-him-again-husband-tells-wife-hiding-from-home-intruder?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=2
5 rounds and she didn't kill him?  :scratchchin: Not sure if that's good or bad because I can't wait see how this play's out in court.

:shruggy: That's what I was thinking. But, I'm sure she was in a major panic and just aiming in the general area. Probably a miracle she hit him at all.

hatersaurusrex

Theoretically, yes.  Just like we could theoretically boycott Chinese products and bring manufacturing back to the USA.  But I'm not holding my breath for either one.  

Personal firearms pose no real threat to the modern US govt.  That is the only reason we're still allowed to have them.  I wanna keep them legal as much as the next guy, but I don't think they have military or political power anymore.  

At the risk of sending this thread into a frenzy of haterade, I'd like to point out that the last  couple of protracted wars we have been involved in have been fought against enemies who aren't in the same league in terms of firepower or technology, and they've managed to push us into a draw more often than not.   If air or ground superiority is all it would take to squash a weak military in 2 seconds, then why wasn't Vietnam over in those 2 seconds?  Why have we been in the desert for 10 years fighting goat herders with rusty soviet-surplus AK47's?    Rules of engagement?  Maybe.  But do you think the US military would use harsher tactics on it's own people than it does on foreign combatants?   Not likely.

In short, the argument that ordinary citizens have no chance against our own military doesn't really hold water considering that military gets routinely pantsed by guerillas, which is what we'd all be if we took up said 'inferior' arms.

Now, if they went around and rounded up 90% of those arms, then they wouldn't even need the military to put an insurgency down and subjugate the citizens.   The police would do nicely.   Oh wait, I just described what's happened to almost every society who gave up their firearms since the industrial age started.  It can happen here, kids.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

stripedelete

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 12, 2013, 01:45:31 AM

At the risk of sending this thread into a frenzy of haterade, I'd like to point out that the last  couple of protracted wars we have been involved in have been fought against enemies who aren't in the same league in terms of firepower or technology, and they've managed to push us into a draw more often than not.   If air or ground superiority is all it would take to squash a weak military in 2 seconds, then why wasn't Vietnam over in those 2 seconds?  Why have we been in the desert for 10 years fighting goat herders with rusty soviet-surplus AK47's?    Rules of engagement?  Maybe.  But do you think the US military would use harsher tactics on it's own people than it does on foreign combatants?   Not likely.

In short, the argument that ordinary citizens have no chance against our own military doesn't really hold water considering that military gets routinely pantsed by guerillas, which is what we'd all be if we took up said 'inferior' arms.

Now, if they went around and rounded up 90% of those arms, then they wouldn't even need the military to put an insurgency down and subjugate the citizens.   The police would do nicely.   Oh wait, I just described what's happened to almost every society who gave up their firearms since the industrial age started.  It can happen here, kids.

Exactly!

A34

Ruger Makes it easy to write your Elected

Just go to rugers site. Fill in your address. It looks up your elected officials and you proof the email. Sign your first name and hit Send. Poof your done. Please pass this along. We need to show how many of us there is.

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

JB400

I find it better for you to write your rep yourself.  You never know what that company will send to the politicans.