News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V code six pack car.

Started by spoolinhard, January 08, 2013, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 09, 2013, 09:26:26 AM
Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 09, 2013, 02:43:41 AM
Without the numbers matching drivetrain you're just paying extra because there's a piece of metal in the car with the letter 'V' on it

I would have to disagree wholeheartedly... There has been way too much emphasis placed on the original block being with a car ( all thanks to the Corvette crowd ). With the quoted philosophy, my Daytona's nothing more than a 318 Charger with one of those NASCAR wings on it.....

To be more specific what I mean is that if it came from the factory as a six-pack car, and someone for some reason say dropped a 318 in it, then it's no longer a 6-pack car, it's a 318 car with better suspension.  VINs don't produce horses :)   Now if someone swaps a DIFFERENT six-pack back in there, sure I can see that. As someone else said, a motor is a motor.  I  just don't see the value in a specific VIN unless it's a rare car (like a V-Code or a hemi, etc) and you plan on going back to original.    

All I was saying is that literally if it doesn't have the motor that came with it, the only reason you're paying more is the VIN itself (and of course anything still on the car that came with that VIN like a D60 or whatever).   Wasn't saying the car should be worth the same an equally equipped base car or ridiculously less than a numbers-matching car... just semantics I guess.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

VegasCharger

Quote from: The70RT on January 09, 2013, 10:39:22 AM
A non numbers matching RT is worth more than a numbers matching 318 car. I bet 75% or more no longer have the original engine anyway.

How about vs a numbers matching 383 H Code 727 Auto?

Just curious, thanks.

surmanajaja

that "repair" inside right quarter looks lovely, must have been a pro shop that did it :hah:

The70RT

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 11, 2013, 05:07:12 PM
A non numbers matching RT is worth more than a numbers matching 318 car. I bet 75% or more no longer have the original engine anyway.

Just curious, thanks.

Same condition cars, RT still worth more.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

It is after all a separate model (XS versus XP).

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: The70RT on January 12, 2013, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on January 11, 2013, 05:07:12 PM

Just curious, thanks.

Same condition cars, RT still worth more.

Agreed

VegasCharger

Not trying to hack this thread but let me see if I have this right. If you had two '68 Chargers for sale side by side in the same condition with simular options, one car being a 383 H code with the original numbers matching engine and trans. the other car being an R/T without the original numbers matching engine and trans. but a replacement 440 engine and a replacement trans. Which deems to be more of value?

Thanks in advance  :cheers:

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 12, 2013, 06:46:39 PM
Not trying to hack this thread but let me see if I have this right. If you had two '68 Chargers for sale side by side in the same condition with simular options, one car being a 383 H code with the original numbers matching engine and trans. the other car being an R/T without the original numbers matching engine and trans. but a replacement 440 engine and a replacement trans. Which deems to be more of value?

Thanks in advance  :cheers:

The R/T,IMO. I had a 69 383 Charger,not #'s,loaded car,resto project,sold it to find a real R/T.