News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody ever seen this '68 before?

Started by Marck, January 08, 2013, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

jar1292

Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

All that . . . and a 2spd wiper motor above the Hemi. 

Slowpoke

Interesting and well done car but there is two things I dislike about it besides the price.
Like a lot of us I don't care for the big wheels, but what bothers me most is the deleted side markers, the little
round markers are a distinctive feature of the 68 and it losses its charter without them.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

JB400

I seen that in the mag too a couple months ago.  It's right in Stu's and mine's backyard :icon_smile_big:  Not worth the trip though. :Twocents:

Daytona R/T SE

That green painted VIN tag will get you a one way trip to the impound yard if the cops stop you in that thing... :scratchchin:

I like the color...  ;)

greenpigs

Someone overseas may be willing to pay that money.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

charge69

I love '68 Charger body styles and grill but this one does absolutely nothing for me. It looks like a great car but it is not a 1968 Charger anymore. I, just as a customer, would not pay more than 30k for this car, much less 187k ! You have to be insane to spend that kind of money on this car!! Please do not advertise this car as a 1968 Charger. It may look like one on the outside but, it definitely is not one now !! Just IMHO, this Charger would never appeal to me.

NHCharger

Quote from: charge69 on January 08, 2013, 07:42:41 PM
Please do not advertise this car as a 1968 Charger. It may look like one on the outside but, it definitely is not one now !! Just IMHO, this Charger would never appeal to me.

That was my feeling. If the interior still looked original I might view it differently.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

brigond

yup I've seen that 1 before .since I'm in the market for a charger I def.initely came across it .I usually don't like a car that's over modified  but this was alright in my book .it's also way out of my price range in my book . Well done!
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

OldGuy

For that price, I would rather have a Daytona.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

1974dodgecharger

you guys better hurry, 'IT WONT LAST AT THIS PRICE' seems alot of forum members are getting their money and rushing to get this car  :D

VegasCharger

Quote from: Slowpoke on January 08, 2013, 06:20:27 PM
Interesting and well done car but there is two things I dislike about it besides the price.
Like a lot of us I don't care for the big wheels, but what bothers me most is the deleted side markers, the little
round markers are a distinctive feature of the 68 and it losses its charter without them.

:iagree:

You beat me to the point. I mean if you're going the leave the door handles on then leave the side markers on as well. But either way leave the side markers on.

LeeBoy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 08, 2013, 06:17:52 PM

All that . . . and a 2spd wiper motor above the Hemi. 

Exactly what I was thinking
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

WHITE AND RED 69

Man! You guys are harsh. The only thing wrong with it is the price. I prefer the stock interior as well but its not bad. To say its not a charger cause it doesn't have side marker lights? Really? It's not like they butchered it and put on a ford hood, chevy quarters, and an LS motor in it.

I think the car is pretty sweet. I definitely wouldn't kick it out of my garage. :icon_smile_big:  But the price is waaaaay over the top.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

we are DC.com and we expect perfection at that price.  I would at least!
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 09, 2013, 12:31:03 AM
Man! You guys are harsh. The only thing wrong with it is the price. I prefer the stock interior as well but its not bad. To say its not a charger cause it doesn't have side marker lights? Really? It's not like they butchered it and put on a ford hood, chevy quarters, and an LS motor in it.

I think the car is pretty sweet. I definitely wouldn't kick it out of my garage. :icon_smile_big:  But the price is waaaaay over the top.

charge69

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the side-marker light not being there until someone mentioned it. That, certainly is not the reason I do not like it! There are many other issues there that just make me think "no longer a Charger" and I just cannot get around the fact that it is ugly to me. YMMV

greenpigs

The lack of side markers makes me think it has some fiberglass fenders and cheapens the look. :Twocents:

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free