News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Brake Hoses

Started by 69hemidaytona, January 08, 2013, 12:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Does anybody know whether Daytonas with drum brakes originally came with white stripe or red stripe front brake hoses? Might they have come with either/or depending on the vendor? I have been told that at least some of them came with white stripes but If anybody has originals that are red I would like to know. I have a chance to get a set of NOS red ones with perfect date codes....Thanks

maxwellwedge

I'll see what my 69-1/2's have on them....should be the same

69_500

I will dig through some pics tonight after wrestling practice but I am sure either Gene or moparjohn will chime in on their cars as both are drum brake cars.

Mopar John

Danny,
I have already given Tony my take on this. I think that since the red ones have good dates he is looking to confirm if they may have been used? I would like to know about this also. Like maybe differant vendors? Please look through your pictures and add any insight you may have on this.
MJ

odcics2

Probably the factory hose, the MoPar replacements and then later Mopar nos replacements are all different.

What level of correctness are you looking for?     

IMO - the only way to go is factory correct.  ( and finding NOS assembly line parts are HARD)

It's either like it left the factory............ Or it's not.    :Twocents:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 08, 2013, 09:20:56 AM
I'll see what my 69-1/2's have on them....should be the same

Both of my drum brake cars have the white striping.....hoses are original.

Going to check my disc brake cars too......never remember seeing red stripes on any....but I'll check

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 09, 2013, 08:38:57 AM
never remember seeing red stripes on any

Me neither, but there are only so many cars I've seen that still have original hoses.  One that I specifically remember looking at had white striped hoses, although there were only faint remnants of the white still remaining.

Sorry I'm not more help on the subject, Tony. 

johntpr

Mine are original and have white stripe - power drum car

69_500

Only found pics of 2 Daytona's with power drum brakes. Both had white lettering. I can look through pics of 500's as well but with differences in production time not sure if it would help.

69hemidaytona

Thanks for all of the input guys. I have not seen red stripes on any Daytonas or any other 1969 vehicles either. It would appear that only white stripes are correct. The interesting thing is that there is a pair of red stripe NOS hoses with date codes of 0229 that I can buy. I guess the date code could be 1979 and not 1969, or this might be another one of those cases where service replacement parts are not the same as assembly line parts. I actually have a pair of NOS white stripe hoses. One has a date of Feb 69 but the other is from early June 69. My SPD is May 24 ,1969. I guess it will have to do unless I find another hose. Thanks again though. ;D